[ROM][2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7.2 (Alpha9 - 10/03/2013)

Search This thread

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
You don't wanna know.....
@Marcellusbe
Are there any significant changes in alpha8a1 build(beside changelog)...in a way that some apps can't be installed anymore & some others just close themself without any fc popup window?...
You build it from newly updated cm7.2 sources, right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sent from Galaxy
Hercolubus Rom v 2.0
powered by
G3mod by Arakmar 12/04/2012.zip

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
ok i'll post this here too:
uploadfromtaptalk1334834994554.png
uploadfromtaptalk1334835011060.png

why...is ...this...happening?

Sent from Galaxy
Hercolubus Rom v 2.0
powered by

alen1901

Jan 29, 2011
Last edited:

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
noticed that too, some apps that were compatible, now they are not.

EDIT:

Sent from my Nexus S

hey neighbour:)....it doesn't matter...i have .apk on my sdcard too and i can't install it at all...but if i switch back to alpha8 build works like a charm...that's what bodders me most...i just can't understand this...i've tryed with clean (untouched) cm7alpha8a1 build with kernel that comes with it...no success...i dunno what's wrong...:(

Sent from Galaxy
Hercolubus Rom v 2.0
powered by

TheCreat

Jun 15, 2011
I have the problem that quite often my screen won't turn on properly. I press some button that turns it on (home or power) and I can see the back light turn on, but no actual content comes up. Pressing home again doesn't do anything (of course, with an active lockscreen it doesn't do anything) but pressing the power button again turns the back light back off. If I now press any of those buttons again the screen turns on fine (it gave me a couple of scares though).

I assume this has to do with the (new) screen-on-animation? Both screen on- and off-animations are enabled.

I haven't upgraded to 8.1a yet (still on plain 8) with all the recent problems reportet, but I have fixed the opengl-version in build-prop (ages ago) in case that matters somehow.

alen1901

Jan 29, 2011
hey neighbour:)....it doesn't matter...i have .apk on my sdcard too and i can't install it at all...but if i switch back to alpha8 build works like a charm...that's what bodders me most...i just can't understand this...i've tryed with clean (untouched) cm7alpha8a1 build with kernel that comes with it...no success...i dunno what's wrong...:(

Sent from Galaxy
Hercolubus Rom v 2.0
powered by

Strange thing. Maybe logcat of instalation? So marcel could figure it out.

Sent from my Nexus S

harbons

Apr 11, 2011
Firenze
I'm very happy to see SIM messages management in Messages stock application! (previously on CM7 or ICS I couldn't manage them)
When I try to import an Incoming SMS stored on my SIM to the phone (Incoming are the only ones available) the app add the SMS in the correct conversation, but with sender/receiver swapped, as if I was the sender...
Why this? And can you give me a fix/workaround?
Thanks

Last edited:

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011
@Marcellusbe
Are there any significant changes in alpha8a1 build(beside changelog)...in a way that some apps can't be installed anymore & some others just close themself without any fc popup window?...
You build it from newly updated cm7.2 sources, right?
Sent from Galaxy
Hercolubus Rom v 2.0
powered by

problem solved:D...i was :banghead: untill @Kyrillos13 helped me:D...i was so :confused: i've forgot to reflash gapps...lol:p
Anyway...big thanks to Kyrillos13 for saving me out of troubles:D

Sent from Galaxy
Hercolubus Rom v 2.0
powered by

alb3rtt

Mar 28, 2011
Melbourne
i have one small issue, when i listen to music with poweramp, it sounds great! (thanks DeHuMaNiZeD) but when i watch youtube vids, its crackling a lot. would a reflash fix it or is it due to the kernel. i heard that a few people had this as well but mine is just in youtube vids. is it due to megabass mod ? also, could it be because i installed lebidous drivers? (i installed it to see any difference in video peformance)

Last edited:

raveathon

Dec 18, 2010
Bangalore
Problem in sending SMS

I am having problem with sending sms, how do I change the Message Centre no?

There is no option in the built in messaging app under Settings to change that...

or can I use the stock SMS app from Froyo rom? can somebody please upload the same??

m1trand1r

Mar 6, 2011

moikop

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2010
Buenos Aires
I took Fugumod sources from A7 with some patches from A8 (Mainly camera preview) I found in Arakmar's repo (Thanks!). Compiled Ultra-OC version and is flawless (Smooth, no sound problem and tweaked lagfree a little). Thought I'd share.

I don't know if there's something not working due to some patch not applied, but I haven't found any.

prabhuthelegend

Jan 1, 2011
Bangalore
Thank you for providing us the fantastic kernel..its speedy and efficient.
But I think I have some problem with the display as if you leave the screen idle without doing anything for 5seconds and if you touch the screen..I see a bunch of Green dots and lines .and it goes off..same for the keyboard and the status bar..too..plzzz help.

Shree_Jamdar

Oct 5, 2010
i have one small issue, when i listen to music with poweramp, it sounds great! (thanks DeHuMaNiZeD) but when i watch youtube vids, its crackling a lot. would a reflash fix it or is it due to the kernel. i heard that a few people had this as well but mine is just in youtube vids. is it due to megabass mod ? also, could it be because i installed lebidous drivers? (i installed it to see any difference in video peformance)

No, keep everything as it is. Just flash Arakmars Latest kernel. I had same prob. I got no crackling in youtube now. plus i have megabass mod. no problems whatsoever. Arakmar gave me his latest kernel with open FIMG. you want it? here it is. http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1009958&d=1334693416

CM kernel is good, but the crackling sound is just unbearable. I don't know why only few people have this issue. I thought the latest CM kernel will solve this issue, but no. Even the latest CM kernel doesn't fix this. Note. I am merely stating an issue and a fix. I respect all devs and appreciate their hard work. So no bashing please.

Last edited:

peter_baz

Apr 16, 2011
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
I took Fugumod sources from A7 with some patches from A8 (Mainly camera preview) I found in Arakmar's repo (Thanks!). Compiled Ultra-OC version and is flawless (Smooth, no sound problem and tweaked lagfree a little). Thought I'd share.

I don't know if there's something not working due to some patch not applied, but I haven't found any.

its still patched with openfimg right? game dont work as in a7 :\
but thnx anyway:)

alb3rtt

Mar 28, 2011
Melbourne
No, keep everything as it is. Just flash Arakmars Latest kernel. I had same prob. I got no crackling in youtube now. plus i have megabass mod. no problems whatsoever. Arakmar gave me his latest kernel with open FIMG. you want it? here it is. http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1009958&d=1334693416

CM kernel is good, but the crackling sound is just unbearable. I don't know why only few people have this issue. I thought the latest CM kernel will solve this issue, but no. Even the latest CM kernel doesn't fix this. Note. I am merely stating an issue and a fix. I respect all devs and appreciate their hard work. So no bashing please.

is the openfimg version in that update.zip newer than the one in alpha8.1a?

prabhuthelegend

Jan 1, 2011
Bangalore
Hai..how to get back the apps that are their in sd-ext
I am using arakmars kernel..I moved some of the apps
Using s2e to sd-ext in Marcel's kernel.but that's not working in arakmars kernel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

This thread is here to let you know how is the port of CyanogenMod 7 and to discuss about it.

Actually, the CM7 port is in alpha stage, until all the hardware is working. The ROM is very stable and can be used everyday, but you could miss some features that are not yet (fully) working like bluetooth.

Main rules :
    There is no ETA so, please, don't ask.

What is working :
    - Android system 2.3.7 / CyanogenMod 7.2
    - SDcard is usable
    - 2D software renderer with correct aspect ratio
    - Mobile network connection (Fixed 06/02/2011)
    - Wifi module (Fixed 06/02/2011)
    - Sound (Fixed 04/06/2011)
    - Vibrator (Fixed 04/06/2011)
    - Power key menu (04/06/2011)
    - Cpufreq driver (fix cyanogenmod performance setting - 16/06/2011)
    - GPS (19/06/2011)
    - CWM 5.0.2.7 (22/06/2011)
    - Sensors (akm8973 - 20/07/2011)
    - 2D/3D graphic acceleration (07/09/2011 - alpha6)
    - Camera (07/09/2011 - alpha6)
    - Video (07/09/2011 - alpha6)
    - Screen Off CRT animation (29/09/2011 - alpha6.1)
    - Screenshot option menu (29/09/2011 - alpha6.1)
    - FM radio (27/10/2011 - alpha7)
    - USB mass storage (05/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - BLN (06/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - Device specific settings - G3 Parts (voodoo sound control integrated) (09/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - Audio recording (30/11/2011 - alpha7)
    - Sensors (proximity) - (04/12/2011 - alpha7)
    - Wifi AP (10/12/2011 - alpha7)
    - Audio/Video Hardware codecs (16/01/2012 - alpha8 - Thanks lebidou!!)
    - Screen rotation and new transition animations (26/01/2012 - alpha8)
    - OpenFIMG (22/03/2012 - alpha8)
    - Camera preview (22/03/2012 - alpha8)
    - Video camera recording (04/03/2013 - alpha9)

- All languages available (en_US, ar_EG, ar_IL, ur_PK, fa_IR, bg_BG, ca_ES, cs_CZ, da_DK, de_AT, de_CH, de_DE, de_LI, el_GR, en_AU, en_CA, en_GB, en_IE, en_IN, en_NZ, en_SG, en_ZA, es_ES, fi_FI, fr_BE, fr_CA, fr_CH, fr_FR, he_IL, hi_IN, hr_HR, hu_HU, it_CH, it_IT, ja_JP, ka_GE, ko_KR, lt_LT, lv_LV, nb_NO, nl_BE, nl_NL, pl_PL, pt_BR, pt_PT, ro_RO, ru_RU, sk_SK, sl_SI, sr_RS, sv_SE, th_TH, tl_PH, tr_TR, uk_UA, vi_VN, zh_CN, zh_HK, zh_TW)

Check the bugreport thread and use the link below to report a bug :
    http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/issues/list

What don't work for now :
    - Bluetooth (A2DP) (may work on some devices)
    - Bluetooth (SCO)
    - USB tethering
    - ... maybe more

A special thank to mumbozver for making CWM working on G3 and to twinky444 for the usefull fixes/patches he has done to cm7 (some are merged in this build).

Alpha 8.1 running g3mod kernel - Video by Shree_Jamdar(Thanks!!)

Screenshots CM7 running on 5801 :
    20fzubm.png
    jhqvxz.png
    2d1wb44.png
    ogglg0.png
    2ecooz7.png
    11tpwt2.png
    280rqrk.png
    2l9p92v.png
    md1ug1.png
    2ur5d0y.png
    ajtpp3.png
    avo428.png
    300zifd.png

Alpha7
    j5gw81.png
    2di2d75.png
    2v1ail3.png
    2vvjdd2.png
    vfb6fd.png
    2d7ddhd.png

Downloads

!!! DO NOT MIRROR PLEASE !!!

Alpha 9

:: changelog ::
    - Updated to latest CyanogenMod sources
    - MTD (cwm recovery) and BML versions (cwm & odin)

- Kernel OC 1Ghz (2.0) included
    - Modem XXJP4 included (Odin only)
    Changelog CyanogenMod : http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:gingerbread,n,z

ALPHA 9 - CWM Package - BML Version : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7.2.0-GT-I5800_Alpha9_CWM.zip

ALPHA 9 - ODIN Package - BML Version : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7.2.0-GT-I5800_Alpha9_ODIN.zip

Looking for the MTD version ? See http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2309390

Kernel standard v2.0 (non oc, BML) : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7_Kernel_standard_2.0.tar
    Kernel OC v2.0 (1Ghz overclock, BML) : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7_Kernel_OC1Ghz_2.0.tar
    Kernel Ultra OC v2.0 (1,2 Ghz overclock, BML) : http://code.google.com/p/cm7-i5800/downloads/detail?name=CM7_Kernel_Ultra_1260_2.0.tar

Sources

You can find the device configuration here :

- common repo : https://github.com/sdadier/android_device_samsung_apollo-common
    - galaxy3 (bml) : https://github.com/sdadier/android_device_samsung_galaxy3
    Marcellusbe, i know you come online quite often as i can see from your profile so can you post any updates on the ROM please?

I'm on holiday next week so I will have more time for cm7. I've also a build of jellybean (based on cm10 sources) to share soon.
    Alpha9 released.
    thank for your patience :) see 1st post.

i will build the others kernels later. for now, it's only 1ghz overclock.
    @Everyone :

I have got many PM's regarding the state of this thread and i believe Marcel would have got more than me ......thats why i am sharing the Info.

Marcel have got the job he desired and currently have to move to CANADA......so it will probably take 1-2 Weeks.....

after that he should first get settled in there and should build up the development environment again.......

So till then i guess everyone should have patience.

Not 1-2 weeks but 3-4 months... but you know, it's not easy to immigrate in a new country so I'm very busy to prepare my family and myself for the move.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Some news about Alpha9 :
    - Camera : you can now use a barcode reader or any app that requires camera. It should work.
    - Video recording is working with some restrictions : not using hardware codec but software. Audio is not recorded but may be fixed soon.