[ROM] Google Edition [4.3 STABLE] - MMS Quick reply - Xposed - GravityBox - No Reboots 12/13/2013

Search This thread

Danvdh

Sep 5, 2012
Toronto, Canada
[ROM] Google Edition [4.3 STABLE] - MMS Quick reply - Xposed - GravityBox - No Reboots 12/13/2013

2mzmxx3.png

Android-43-jelly-bean.jpg

11qs574.png

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKS, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS POST​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information

Let's face it, Android 4.3 is still a great build and you don't need to be on 4.4, there are issues with that ROM too that developers like myself had to work out (camera sucked, distorted volume sounds, SD card permissions, and the list goes on), if you are suffering from reboots, This build is for you and has plenty of goodies to keep you going.

This is the latest and final 4.3 build for the I9505-G Google Edition S4 official from Google/Samsung, It's a very clean base, I have made quite a few optimizations to the ROM and added the tools necessary to give it the features (100% working features that is) of an AOSP ROM, Google edition does not use open source proprietary which mean's Bluetooth, and most importantly the camera will work way better out of the box since Samsung builds this ROM (Full HDR support, 1080p video recording, no green lines on the front cam), This ROM is a perfect daily driver for users who are experiencing reboots on 4.4 due to the modem/bootloader issues on certain phones.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features

-Latest 4.3 Google Edition
- No rom branding - I don't flash my name around in the settings menu anywhere, keeping it stock AOSP. Dandroid is a forum name
-Rooted
-Faux mainline
-Busybox
-Deodexed
-Zip aligned
-No extra bloat
-Nova launcher
-1% battery mod
-Inverted 4.3 mms with quick reply
-Ships with xposed
-Gravity box included (This will give you a TON of extra tweaks only found in AOSP roms, and they work!)
--Status bar tweaks
--Notification panel tweaks
--Transparency settings
--Disable/Enable CRT
--Lockscreen quick pin unlock
--Customize lock screen targets
--Adjustable clear all recent apps button
--Enable all rotations
+ more!

-XuiMod
--List view animations
--AOKP Animation control
--Battery bar
--+More!

-CM weather widget
-Official Google Keyboard
-No fancy scripts that dumb down performance
-Stock Google Edition CSC + Worldwide APN support
-Extremely fast and stable, Daily Driver material for non flashoholics

Installation instructions

-Full wipe
-Flash ROM
-Reboot (if at anytime recovery asks you to fix root, say no)
-Let phone settle for a few minutes
-Open app drawer and open xposed, press the framework button and install the framework, reboot your device
-Open xposed one again and enter the module menu and enable gravity box, xuimod reboot for final time
-Enjoy the many features at you're fingertips
-Use Gravity box "ongoing notification blocker" and block google service framework to block the OTA spam

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog

Code:
12/13/2013
-Inital release and most likely final ;) it's well tested and I know what I'm doing

Download

Download here
MD5: c4cbae8efc8a0c41728fe8e421822cc4

To block the OTA use the "ongoing notification blocker" feature in gravity box provided in this ROM to simply block "Google Service Framework" from showing you OTA and simply ignore it, it will never nag you again

Don't worry, Google Service Framework does not show any other notifications but the OTA so you won't be missing ANYTHING else

Enjoy this very stable 4.3 ROM, It is a very good daily driver

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Credits

Google
CM Team - CLocK + File manager
ktoonsez - One fantastic kernel, framework.jar
mrvirginia - He is always willing to help, also provided a solution to the FFC
rovo89 - Xposed
C3C076 - Gravitybox
XDA
MJHawaii - Clean 4.3 base + mount ports
dsixda - Android Kitchen
Kryten2k35 - framework.jar hack
Faux123 - This guy is the man
AT&T Galaxy S3 Forums - For getting me into Android Development ;)

Kernel Source: here

If you would like to support me, Donate here I've spent countless hours on my projects with many sleepless nights. Donations are appreciated and keep me motivated :highfive:

XDA:DevDB Information
Dandroid Google Edition 4.3 , a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
Danvdh, http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4830253
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: Google Edition

Version Information

Created 2013-12-13
Last Updated 2013-12-15

Danvdh

Sep 5, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Xposed + Gravity box

119b43t.png

it's not a surprise to me anymore when I visit the XDA website and a spotlight on an xposed module is featured, ever wonder why that is? because it's just that good!

--- Date&Time settings crash
--- Caller ID mismatch
--- Split conversation in messaging
--- Wakelock in calendar app periodically turning on the screen
--- Waelock in messaging app turning on the screen every time new message arrives
--- Missing TTS settings in Language&Input
--- Missing extended developer options

Mods - the set of additional useful features that make using the system more easy and fun
--- CyanogenMod Pie controls
--- Expanded Desktop
--- Statusbar QuickSettings tile management with tile reordering
--- Lockscreen targets
--- Statusbar color and transparency
--- Statusbar Brightness Control
--- Statusbar icon colors
--- Additional QuickSettings tiles:
------- Sync on/off, WiFi AP on/off, GravityBox shortcut, Torch, Network mode (2G/3G/2G+3G switch), Sleep, QuickRecord,
QuickApp, GPS on/off, Ringer mode, Volume tile
--- Quick pulldown - switches to QuickSettings when status bar is pulled down near edges
--- Auto-switch to QuickSettings when there are no notifications
--- Center clock in statusbar
--- Battery indicator style
--- Navigation bar tweaks
--- Low battery warning policy
--- Disable LED flashing when battery low
--- Disable LED while charging
--- Auto-hiding of signal icons for empty SIM Slots
--- Advanced power-off menu (reboot, recovery)
--- Volume key cursor control
--- Skip tracks by volume key long-press while screen off (thanks to rovo89)
--- More volume levels for music stream
--- Option to control safe headset media volume
--- Button for clearing all recent tasks at once
--- Fullscreen caller photo
--- CRT screen off animation
--- Minimal brightness setting
--- Autobrihtness levels adjustment
--- Lockscreen tweaks - show widgets maximized, lockscreen background style (color fill, custom image)
--- Lockscreen rotation
--- Phone tweaks - flip action, disable vibrate on call connect
--- Hardware key actions - menu long-press/double-tap, back long-press, home long-press
--- MasterKey vulnerabilities patched (thanks to @Tungstwenty)
--- Dithered Holo background
--- Option to use solid black Holo background
--- Expandable volume panel
--- Option to unlink ringtone and notifications volumes
--- Notification drawer style (background color, image for portait/landscape, transparency)
--- Button backlight modes (default, disabled, always on while screen is on)
--- Button backlight notifications (for devices that lack Notification LED)

Some items may not function properly but who cares? this module is always getting updated and fixes are implemented on a regular, best part is you can update right from the xposed installer this ROM provides

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save those hardware buttons! Use LMT Launcher

2w3ceoh.png

Lets face it, the more you press that home button the faster the flex cable is going to malfunction, one thing you can do is find some sort of gesture launcher, LMT launcher is free, frequently updated and offers a ton of customization. 1 swipe up from the bottom and I can 1) turn the screen off 2) home button 3) multitask 4)quick settings 5)notification panel

my pie
pie 1 - key - 26 (this turns off screen)
pie 2 - home
pie 3 - key- 187 (this enables multitasking menu without graphical glitch using non root method)
pie4 - notification pulldown
pie5 - quicksettings

view the thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1330150

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Danvdh

Sep 5, 2012
Toronto, Canada
build is up, 6am in Canada but I wanted to build something extremely stable that will work for ALL PHONES and not carry the bloat of touchwiz, This build is mainly for those phones that just won't play nice on 4.4 atm, I will do whatever it takes to push out good ROMs that EVERYONE can enjoy

remember

To block the OTA use the "ongoing notification blocker" feature in gravity box provided in this ROM to simply block "Google Service Framework" from showing you OTA and simply ignore it, it will never nag you again

Don't worry, Google Service Framework does not show any other notifications but the OTA so you won't be missing ANYTHING else

cheers

Last edited:

Lucius1972

May 6, 2010
First one to react on this haha.
You don't know how glad i am that you bring us the 4.3 version.
After running youre kittikat ;) I'll sure gonna try this baby.
Looks awesome buddy, many thx for your time and effort putting in this :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013), powered by KitKat (Stock)

Schabadaba

Mar 4, 2012
thanks a lot!
i will flash your rom tomorrow, till 4.4 is ready as daily driver :good:

mosec

Apr 24, 2008
Calendar sync doesn't work for me? How about you guys? Any fix?

Edit: works after reboot :)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

dktblade

Oct 27, 2009
Waiting for review battery, bcs almost GE 4.3 for 9505 have a bad battery compare with Ss stock rom, although I love GE for simple and smooth.
Thank you so much for your working.

mcnaget

Jul 14, 2009
KR
www.history.com
Status bar.

Ok i instaled and all ok but can any one tell me what is the code for transparent status bar setting in gravity box ?

THX regards

Danvdh

Sep 5, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Waiting for review battery, bcs almost GE 4.3 for 9505 have a bad battery compare with Ss stock rom, although I love GE for simple and smooth.

Then the ROM developer had no idea what they were doing or you just flashed wrong?, Battery will be good on this build if flashed via my instructions in the OP

Last edited:
Reactions: Jouixs and dktblade

nik511

Feb 3, 2011
This is the best 4.3 GE ROM for me :) The only "problem" i have encountered with ALL 4.3 GE ROMs is that Skype causes battery drain. It doesn't really close when you sign out and stays in memory receiving wake events and you have it close it with a task manager app. Any idea to fix this behavior?

Ozonep

Sep 28, 2008
Battery life is great here!!! That's not surprise ) As I remember, from all 4.3 GE ROMs only Jamal's had bad battery life.

Danvdh

Sep 5, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Yeah! BTW, this ROM doesn't have init.d support? 0_o
Tried to install "Operation Killjoy" but failed.

Trust me, you don't need "Operation Killjoy" on GE. in most cases init.d scripts like that are out dated and actually do more harm then good

just enjoy the ROM bud, it's a perfect daily driver for someone who wants GE with features and no RANDOM REBOOTS (4.4)

Renejo

Jun 15, 2012
Hangs on unlocking simcard

Hi
Thanks for the Rom. I installed with full wipe as instructed in the OP. My phone boots normally but hangs on the notification "unlocking sim card". The Lte connection however seems to work as the indicator shows. I have rebooted the phone a few times but that didn't solve it.
I am on the pre knox bootloader.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Rene

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Hi
Thanks for the Rom. I installed with full wipe as instructed in the OP. My phone boots normally but hangs on the notification "unlocking sim card". The Lte connection however seems to work as the indicator shows. I have rebooted the phone a few times but that didn't solve it.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Rene

Solved: Factory reset after installing the Rom solved my issue.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Hi

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Rene

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Solved: Factory reset after installing the Rom solved my issue.

And after a reboot necessary for the xposed framework the issue is back. "unlocking simcard" keeps displayed. In the background I can the apps starting so the phone doesn't hang. I can do nothing with my phone

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

musti19

Jun 18, 2012
have the unlocking sim Problem too. Actually to solve the Problem, every reboots need to wiping the cache.

timonoj

Oct 22, 2010
Hong Kong
Hi,

first of all, thanks for your work! I'm interested on this ROM, but concerned about camera picture quality. I read before on AndroidPolice that the google experience S4 actually had a much worse picture quality, all due to the camera app. Does this ROM improve that in any manner? How do the pictures compare to the stock TW camera app?

Thanks!

Danvdh

Sep 5, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Hi,

first of all, thanks for your work! I'm interested on this ROM, but concerned about camera picture quality. I read before on AndroidPolice that the google experience S4 actually had a much worse picture quality, all due to the camera app. Does this ROM improve that in any manner? How do the pictures compare to the stock TW camera app?

Thanks!

The camera is this build uses stock samsung drivers so quality will not be an issue here :) The features of the camera app are not as plentiful as the touchwiz camera but any 3rd party app will work perfectly to solve that if it is a problem, AOSP roms have the camera issues since they use open source drivers

Last edited:

musti19

Jun 18, 2012
carrier issue? never seen this

I had until this rom no problem with sim-cards. The sim card will be unlocked in the background but the phone hangs then..
Only restart to recovery and delete the cache helps me..

I can confirm that this build have a good camera quality and every thing is smooth.

Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2mzmxx3.png

Android-43-jelly-bean.jpg

11qs574.png

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKS, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS POST​

Information

Let's face it, Android 4.3 is still a great build and you don't need to be on 4.4, there are issues with that ROM too that developers like myself had to work out (camera sucked, distorted volume sounds, SD card permissions, and the list goes on), if you are suffering from reboots, This build is for you and has plenty of goodies to keep you going.

This is the latest and final 4.3 build for the I9505-G Google Edition S4 official from Google/Samsung, It's a very clean base, I have made quite a few optimizations to the ROM and added the tools necessary to give it the features (100% working features that is) of an AOSP ROM, Google edition does not use open source proprietary which mean's Bluetooth, and most importantly the camera will work way better out of the box since Samsung builds this ROM (Full HDR support, 1080p video recording, no green lines on the front cam), This ROM is a perfect daily driver for users who are experiencing reboots on 4.4 due to the modem/bootloader issues on certain phones.

Features

-Latest 4.3 Google Edition
    - No rom branding - I don't flash my name around in the settings menu anywhere, keeping it stock AOSP. Dandroid is a forum name
    -Rooted
    -Faux mainline
    -Busybox
    -Deodexed
    -Zip aligned
    -No extra bloat
    -Nova launcher
    -1% battery mod
    -Inverted 4.3 mms with quick reply
    -Ships with xposed
    -Gravity box included (This will give you a TON of extra tweaks only found in AOSP roms, and they work!)
    --Status bar tweaks
    --Notification panel tweaks
    --Transparency settings
    --Disable/Enable CRT
    --Lockscreen quick pin unlock
    --Customize lock screen targets
    --Adjustable clear all recent apps button
    --Enable all rotations
    + more!

-XuiMod
    --List view animations
    --AOKP Animation control
    --Battery bar
    --+More!

-CM weather widget
    -Official Google Keyboard
    -No fancy scripts that dumb down performance
    -Stock Google Edition CSC + Worldwide APN support
    -Extremely fast and stable, Daily Driver material for non flashoholics

Installation instructions

-Full wipe
    -Flash ROM
    -Reboot (if at anytime recovery asks you to fix root, say no)
    -Let phone settle for a few minutes
    -Open app drawer and open xposed, press the framework button and install the framework, reboot your device
    -Open xposed one again and enter the module menu and enable gravity box, xuimod reboot for final time
    -Enjoy the many features at you're fingertips
    -Use Gravity box "ongoing notification blocker" and block google service framework to block the OTA spam

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog

Code:
    12/13/2013
    -Inital release and most likely final ;) it's well tested and I know what I'm doing

Download

Download here
    MD5: c4cbae8efc8a0c41728fe8e421822cc4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Credits

Google
    CM Team - CLocK + File manager
    ktoonsez - One fantastic kernel, framework.jar
    mrvirginia - He is always willing to help, also provided a solution to the FFC
    rovo89 - Xposed
    C3C076 - Gravitybox
    XDA
    MJHawaii - Clean 4.3 base + mount ports
    dsixda - Android Kitchen
    Kryten2k35 - framework.jar hack
    Faux123 - This guy is the man
    AT&T Galaxy S3 Forums - For getting me into Android Development ;)

Kernel Source: here

If you would like to support me, Donate here I've spent countless hours on my projects with many sleepless nights. Donations are appreciated and keep me motivated :highfive:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Dandroid Google Edition 4.3 , a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    Danvdh, http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4830253
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: Google Edition

Version Information

Created 2013-12-13
    Last Updated 2013-12-15
    Xposed + Gravity box

119b43t.png

it's not a surprise to me anymore when I visit the XDA website and a spotlight on an xposed module is featured, ever wonder why that is? because it's just that good!

--- Date&Time settings crash
    --- Caller ID mismatch
    --- Split conversation in messaging
    --- Wakelock in calendar app periodically turning on the screen
    --- Waelock in messaging app turning on the screen every time new message arrives
    --- Missing TTS settings in Language&Input
    --- Missing extended developer options

Mods - the set of additional useful features that make using the system more easy and fun
    --- CyanogenMod Pie controls
    --- Expanded Desktop
    --- Statusbar QuickSettings tile management with tile reordering
    --- Lockscreen targets
    --- Statusbar color and transparency
    --- Statusbar Brightness Control
    --- Statusbar icon colors
    --- Additional QuickSettings tiles:
    ------- Sync on/off, WiFi AP on/off, GravityBox shortcut, Torch, Network mode (2G/3G/2G+3G switch), Sleep, QuickRecord,
    QuickApp, GPS on/off, Ringer mode, Volume tile
    --- Quick pulldown - switches to QuickSettings when status bar is pulled down near edges
    --- Auto-switch to QuickSettings when there are no notifications
    --- Center clock in statusbar
    --- Battery indicator style
    --- Navigation bar tweaks
    --- Low battery warning policy
    --- Disable LED flashing when battery low
    --- Disable LED while charging
    --- Auto-hiding of signal icons for empty SIM Slots
    --- Advanced power-off menu (reboot, recovery)
    --- Volume key cursor control
    --- Skip tracks by volume key long-press while screen off (thanks to rovo89)
    --- More volume levels for music stream
    --- Option to control safe headset media volume
    --- Button for clearing all recent tasks at once
    --- Fullscreen caller photo
    --- CRT screen off animation
    --- Minimal brightness setting
    --- Autobrihtness levels adjustment
    --- Lockscreen tweaks - show widgets maximized, lockscreen background style (color fill, custom image)
    --- Lockscreen rotation
    --- Phone tweaks - flip action, disable vibrate on call connect
    --- Hardware key actions - menu long-press/double-tap, back long-press, home long-press
    --- MasterKey vulnerabilities patched (thanks to @Tungstwenty)
    --- Dithered Holo background
    --- Option to use solid black Holo background
    --- Expandable volume panel
    --- Option to unlink ringtone and notifications volumes
    --- Notification drawer style (background color, image for portait/landscape, transparency)
    --- Button backlight modes (default, disabled, always on while screen is on)
    --- Button backlight notifications (for devices that lack Notification LED)

Some items may not function properly but who cares? this module is always getting updated and fixes are implemented on a regular, best part is you can update right from the xposed installer this ROM provides

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save those hardware buttons! Use LMT Launcher

2w3ceoh.png

Lets face it, the more you press that home button the faster the flex cable is going to malfunction, one thing you can do is find some sort of gesture launcher, LMT launcher is free, frequently updated and offers a ton of customization. 1 swipe up from the bottom and I can 1) turn the screen off 2) home button 3) multitask 4)quick settings 5)notification panel

my pie
    pie 1 - key - 26 (this turns off screen)
    pie 2 - home
    pie 3 - key- 187 (this enables multitasking menu without graphical glitch using non root method)
    pie4 - notification pulldown
    pie5 - quicksettings

view the thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1330150

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    build is up, 6am in Canada but I wanted to build something extremely stable that will work for ALL PHONES and not carry the bloat of touchwiz, This build is mainly for those phones that just won't play nice on 4.4 atm, I will do whatever it takes to push out good ROMs that EVERYONE can enjoy

remember

cheers

Then the ROM developer had no idea what they were doing or you just flashed wrong?, Battery will be good on this build if flashed via my instructions in the OP
    where can i see the recent apps opened, when i long press the home button nothing happen

thx