[Solved] Bootloop after flashing any Touchwiz based rom

Search This thread

Dr.Aequitas

Oct 3, 2012
Hi,
For about a few days, I can't flash any touchwiz based rom, even the ones I could flash without any problem before. After I flash any touchwiz rom, my phone goes into a bootloop cycle. Though I can boot into recovery and download mode with key combinations. I don't know when this happened for the first time but as far as I can remember, it would be after I flashed some 4.4 AOSP rom (could be Omnirom, I'm not sure though)

What I did to recover from boot loop:
- Wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and reboot, no joy.
- Wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, wipe data, reboot, no joy.
- Wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, wipe data, wipe data/media, reboot, no joy.
- Pulled out the battery between these steps too.

At first, I thought something was wrong about the aroma installer itself because the phone was getting frozen during aroma installer setup screen, then I came up that it was caused due to my older CWM version, so I updated the recovery and it didn't freze again during installation.

And by the way, I've lost my efs partition during these processes, thankfully I've had a nandroid backup from a couple of months before.

Now I'm stuck with AOSP roms and the only way I can use a touchwiz rom is to flash the stock rom via odin. But I want to use the new leaked version based Note3 featured roms.
I've seen similar topics at S4 section but I couldn't be sure if I can do the exact steps for an N7100 international device.
I'm pretty familiar with linux system and I can use adb so I can provide any kind of information you need to diagnose this issue. Thanks in advance. Best regards.

HOW I SOLVED THIS PROBLEM
- Wiped everything (system, data, sdcard, of course internal sdcard)
- Flashed n7100 16GB pit file via odin
- Flashed stock rom via odin
- During these steps, I realized that my CSC code had been changed, I've corrected it acording to my country code
- Rooted my phone again
- Flashed CWM 6.0.4.3 recovery
- Flashed DN3 V3.1 rom
- Bingo, I successifully booted into DN3 rom but had no WIFI
- Flashed MJ5 bootloader
- Rebooted, then WIFI worked without a problem
- Setup my phone and did some restore

It's all good now. Thanks for everything, I hope these steps can help someone facing the same problem.

Last edited:

Dr.Aequitas

Oct 3, 2012
Guys, I really need some help.. Any idea about what might the problem be?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dr.Aequitas

Oct 3, 2012
Download HD wipe script,flash the script zip via cwm/philz then try installing the rom of your choice.
I found the script from tamirda's phoenix rom thread and is very useful..
Thanks for the reply. I flashed this superwipe script, then flashed DN3 rom but still I got stuck at Samsung Galaxy Note II screen boot loop. I really don't understand this. What am I missing? What would happen if I wipe the entire internal memory block, I mean the whole things, even the root partition too.. I'm thinking that maybe there's some file inside the root partition that prevents me to flash touchwiz roms or perhaps something wrong about touchwiz based roms' bootloaders.. I'm truely pissed..

Full wipe cache and reset in recovery menu, clear everything, you should be up and running.
Have you read my first message? I remember that I've mentioned I've done already what you ask me to do.. Believe me I wouldn't shoot a new thread if I could've solved my problem with such easy steps. I've already done so many wipes, including internal SD and whatsoever.. I'm really confused and NEED help. Thanks anyway..

Last edited:

rEvzB23D

Dec 19, 2013
Laoag City
Im having the same problem but after flashing kernels (e.i. saber & perseus).
Im currently running on Tigra rom. Is this a compatibility issue or im just missing something here too?
I came across flashing bootimg but this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1752270
is for One S, im not sure if will work on Note 2 & haven't tried it yet.
Any suggestions? help pls...

Dr.Aequitas

Oct 3, 2012
I think you can go for the method you mentioned.But also give a try to start fresh i.e pit file flashing...wiping everything n installing stock rom then rooting,flashing custom recovery n then installing any TW custom rom.
Also give other TW based roms a try too.

Well, the problem is gone.
What I did was the things you said.
- During these steps, I realized that my CSC code had been changed, I've corrected it acording to my country code
- Rooted my phone again
- Flashed DN3 V3.1 rom
- Flashed MJ5 bootloader

It's all good now. Thanks for everything, I hope these steps can help someone facing the same problem.

Reactions: asguardian

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think you can go for the method you mentioned.But also give a try to start fresh i.e pit file flashing...wiping everything n installing stock rom then rooting,flashing custom recovery n then installing any TW custom rom.

Well, the problem is gone.
    What I did was the things you said.
    - Rooted my phone again
    - Flashed DN3 V3.1 rom
    - Flashed MJ5 bootloader