[Q]Anybody with ford sync (might be Bluetooth on phone instead)

Search This thread

BadFish79

May 4, 2012
The Desert
I'm not sure if this is sync related or an issue with the phone. I have reset my Bluetooth pairing many times now and even did a master reset with ford sync.

My issue is this: I can make or receive the first call after pairing just fine. All calls after that, inbound or out, are all very very quiet. I have the Bluetooth volume all the way up and I have to max out the cars volume as well to just barely hear the caller. I mean barely hear them.

Is there a setting on the phone I'm over looking? Or am I looking at doing a factory reset or even lgnpst back to factory settings?
I am rooted on stock ROM with viper kernel.
Thanks

Sent from my phone.

Last edited:

BadFish79

May 4, 2012
The Desert
I should add that this connection has worked great for almost a year now. Music streams just fine also. I have not changed anything that I can think of.

Sent from my phone.

aero449

Jan 23, 2013
I should add that this connection has worked great for almost a year now. Music streams just fine also. I have not changed anything that I can think of.
I've run into this issue with my bluetooth earpiece when I was running stock ZVC as well. My solution was to, once paired and in a call, mash the volume up on the phone itself rather than the bluetooth device. For some reason, both devices had their own independent bluetooth phone volume. I don't know if this applies to Ford Sync, but it's worth a try.

BadFish79

May 4, 2012
The Desert
Thanks for the reply. I've known that the devices operate their volume independently from each other. Here's what I have found though.
The Bluetooth volume on the phone does nothing anymore. Whether its maxed out or all the way down volume doesn't change. However when streaming audio like music, the volume is affected.
So is the a tinybin or something to restore the volumes?
I did a lgnpst last night and it didn't do a full wipe like I was hoping. Might be my next thing.

Sent from my phone.

BadFish79

May 4, 2012
The Desert
Last night I did a full wipe and factory reset and lgnpst. Its a fresh phone. After a couple phone calls the Bluetooth "breaks". I think its the phone. As when in a call and pressing the volume rockers on the phone, it doesn't affect the call volume through the Bluetooth. I am rooted and unlocked running stock ROM. Never had this issue till a week ago. Any idea what breaks this?

Sent from my phone.