[Q] Get the Nexus 7 2013 or wait?

Search This thread

zevim2005

Dec 25, 2007
Jerusalem
I wanted to know your opinion,should i buy the nexus 7 2013 or wait to the 2014???

How its playing games on it,smooth??

Thanks

oadam11

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 19, 2013
plus.google.com
Well the nexus 7 is about half way into its life cycle. I got my nexus 7 a little under 2 weeks ago and I could not be happier. The tablet runs very smoothly and I haven't noticed any lag. I can't speak for games since I'm not much of a gamer but I would suppose they would run smoothly as well. I am also loving the roms

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013

Reactions: zevim2005

zevim2005

Dec 25, 2007
Jerusalem
Well the nexus 7 is about half way into its life cycle. I got my nexus 7 a little under 2 weeks ago and I could not be happier. The tablet runs very smoothly and I haven't noticed any lag. I can't speak for games since I'm not much of a gamer but I would suppose they would run smoothly as well. I am also loving the roms

Thanks men.

Someone who play games?

datallboy

Feb 7, 2013
Games run pretty smooth. I've played some more graphical intense games like Modern Combat4, Gangstar Vegas, GTA, Asphalt 8. On stock frequency, there can be some lag on stock kernel, I over clocked with elementalx and most games can run smooth maxed out.

1.89Ghz CPU OC / 490 MHz GPU OC

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

matt4321

Retired Senior Moderator - The Real Matt
Dec 20, 2011
Reading, UK
keep in mind they may not release a new nexus 7 (or equivalent), they may release a new nexus 10 as there is only an original of that and it's coming up to 2 years old, so they may want to bump that up instead

95Z28

Apr 29, 2011
I upgraded to the 2013 nexus 7 from the original and can say the 13 model is an excellent device. Very smooth in day to day operations, and much smoother on games like dead trigger or NFS MW. I've also played a little modern combat 4 and had no stuttering or lagging.
I use my device complete stock unrooted.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

buelldozer

Jun 16, 2007
Based on my experience I would not buy another one and I'm really sorry I 'upgraded' my 2012 to this 2013.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Games run pretty smooth. I've played some more graphical intense games like Modern Combat4, Gangstar Vegas, GTA, Asphalt 8. On stock frequency, there can be some lag on stock kernel, I over clocked with elementalx and most games can run smooth maxed out.

1.89Ghz CPU OC / 490 MHz GPU OC

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    keep in mind they may not release a new nexus 7 (or equivalent), they may release a new nexus 10 as there is only an original of that and it's coming up to 2 years old, so they may want to bump that up instead
    I upgraded to the 2013 nexus 7 from the original and can say the 13 model is an excellent device. Very smooth in day to day operations, and much smoother on games like dead trigger or NFS MW. I've also played a little modern combat 4 and had no stuttering or lagging.
    I use my device complete stock unrooted.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium