[MOD] [AOSP] Status Bar For AOSP - Toggles JB Layout Volume Sliders & Colour Changer

Search This thread

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Thanks for the reply, i editing this ( i hope this correct)
Quickpanel setting.xml
Strings
Ids

Im using a guide to add a aokp toogles

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Ive already boot the rom succesfully, after cleaning i installed your mod (before im messin it) then im start messin reboot the statbar lost -_-

you need to flash the orig status bar back or reflash the rom and fully boot to get the status bar back before applying another mod

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Whoa, it didnt happen anything on mine just lost.
Btw thanks for your time testing sir
Do you know what caused that ?

it was probably lost on yours because you had already flashed mine so you need to reflash the rom or flash orig status bar back or you will get a signature error and the status bar wont even attempt to load because of it

I flashed it on a fresh aosp rom so the status bar will load

I didnt log cat it as it doesnt work on windows 8.1 - for some reason adb only works when then phone is booted

hard to say why it forced closed - its either layout wrong or smali wrong/doesnt work with aosp

Reactions: Mranggapo

Mranggapo

Mar 31, 2013
Jakarta
it was probably lost on yours because you had already flashed mine so you need to reflash the rom or flash orig status bar back or you will get a signature error and the status bar wont even attempt to load because of it

I flashed it on a fresh aosp rom so the status bar will load

I didnt log cat it as it doesnt work on windows 8.1 - for some reason adb only works when then phone is booted

hard to say why it forced closed - its either layout wrong or smali wrong/doesnt work with aosp

Thans for your help this far sir :D
I'll ask sir mussadiq about this.
Now i get idea about AOSP system

projectdood

Mar 26, 2013
Can I just sideload the apk?? I dont have a custom recovery since that my bootloader can't be unlocked

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Can I just sideload the apk?? I dont have a custom recovery since that my bootloader can't be unlocked

this mod is for the galaxy y gt-5360 - you dont unlock the bootloader and you would be on a cm kernel that has a built in cwm so I have no idea what you are on about

I assume you have a htc phone and have just stumbled accross this thread without reading what forum it is posted in or the 1st post

by all means try pushing to system and setting perm to rw-r-r but you may get force closes if not using GT-S5360

Last edited:

projectdood

Mar 26, 2013
this mod is for the galaxy y gt-5360 - you dont unlock the bootloader and you would be on a cm kernel that has a built in cwm so I have no idea what you are on about

I assume you have a htc phone and have just stumbled accross this thread without reading what forum it is posted in or the 1st post

by all means try pushing to system and setting perm to rw-r-r but you may get force closes if not using GT-S5360

I have a Huawei phone and I cant unlock it's bootloader (I know, it sucks) but I have been trying on making it look like stock and the my status bar is also skinned with huawei's ui. Do you think this will work on a 5-inch screen android phone??

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
I have a Huawei phone and I cant unlock it's bootloader (I know, it sucks) but I have been trying on making it look like stock and the my status bar is also skinned with huawei's ui. Do you think this will work on a 5-inch screen android phone??

not unless its running gingerbread AOSP (not stock) and even then highly unlikely

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MOD] [AOSP] Status Bar For AOSP - Toggles JB Layout Volume Sliders & Colour Changer

JB 4.2.2 Style Status Bar With Volume Quick Panel And Colour Changer Mod For AOSP​

This Mod Is For AOSP Only
    If You Require The Stock Version Go Here
    If you Require The CM7 Version Go Here

Take Note Of The Following
    Anyone is free to use and develop this with the following conditions
    you do not mirror the download link or add any ads to my download link on blog sites
    post the link to this thread if you blog this
    credit me and the original dev of the layout SpaceCaker and dev of the colour changer and smali files for sliders b16h22

hef9.jpg
    5wee.jpg

snic.jpg
    zqxo.jpg

How To Use
    Pull the left side down of the status bar for notifications
    Pull the right side down of the status bar for sliders
    Use the evo app by b16h22 to change the status bar colour and transparency

Install Instructions
    If installing the AOSP rom for first time fully boot the rom first before apply mod or status bar will vanish
    Go into CWM
    Make A Nandroid Backup In Case Your Status Bar Goes Walkies For Some Strange Reason
    Mount System
    Install Zip From SD
    Select Zip
    Restart
    Now look at how to mod framework if you get black on black text with some statusbar events

Changelog
    V1
    Initial release
    Added/edited smali/xml files to SystemUI.apk
    Added/edited battery icons/xml in framework-res.apk
    Added Toggles
    Resized for ldpi
    Added sliders and icons

Bugs
    Settings button doesn't work
    If you increase phone volume slider the notification slider increases too but can be decreased separately

Downloads
    For Galaxy Y GT-S5360 AOSP Status Bar

How To Mod Your Framework If You Get Black On Black Text With Some Events

1. Decompile framwork-res.apk with apktool
    2. Goto res/vaules
    3. Open styles.xml with notepad++
    4. Search for @style/TextAppearance.StatusBar
    5. Just below it change the value of <item name="textColor"> to #ffffffff
    6. Search for @style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent
    7 Just below it change the value of <item name="textColor"> to #ffffffff
    8. Recompile and put in a flashable zip and flash with system mounted

Do Not Post Things Like
    Will this work on xyz rom - This is for AOSP only!
    Will this work on stock rom - NO!! See link at the top of the thread for stock version
    Will this work on CM7 rom - NO!!!!

To make it clear - this is for AOSP only!

Credits
    SpaceCaker
    b16h22
    how about CM ? it work for CM based ? :)

was the op not clear enough? AOSP ONLY!!!
    Good Job Marcuss!
    The AOSP GB Statusbar was booring until now
    :)
    Thanks man! I've been waiting for this for a long time. is it possible to change icons of the statusbar? Thanks again. ;)

Thumbs up. :good:

No - I didnt find time to find a way to put lidroid or a cm7 style power widget in it
    im sure there is a way but I dont have time to sit down for hours working it out so the toggles you see in the screenshots are the only toggles available

there are apps on the playstore that can give you extra toggles if required

edit - if you mean change the png icons of the status bar then yes - they are all in res/drawable-mdpi
    Will try next week, anyone is free to test my systemui.apk in post 2. I hope its good lookin

i tested your systemui.apk - it force closes