[Standard/Minimal GApps][Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

keeekeeess

Apr 21, 2013
So these apps work with any phone, right?

How do I uninstall my initial Gapps and then install this one? Can I skip the factory reset? :(

PS: will I be able to login with my google username if I get the core package? (for contacts backup etc. on google servers)

drewski_1

Jul 20, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA

How do I uninstall my initial Gapps and then install this one? Can I skip the factory reset? :(

PS: will I be able to login with my google username if I get the core package? (for contacts backup etc. on google servers)

Should work, if it's an AOSP based ROM where you flash a GApps package. May not if it's something custom like MotoBlur that has GApps included / baked in.

Manually wipe /system in recovery and then flash your ROM and then these GApps.

You will be able to add your Google account to sync your could data.

nsordk

Dec 19, 2011
Odense
Had to revert back to jan 9. Version of standard as the one from the 16. Was causing frequent freezes. In log there was a lot og google analytics warnings. I'm using temasek cm11 v37 on galaxy s3.

Anybody else having this?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

D

Deleted member 2915683

Had to revert back to jan 9. Version of standard as the one from the 16. Was causing frequent freezes. In log there was a lot og google analytics warnings. I'm using temasek cm11 v37 on galaxy s3.

Anybody else having this?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Not sure. Sounds like something out of my control.

Dec 20, 2013
Hi Banks, does your 4.4.2 Gapps work with CM11 without any problems? my device is Nexus 5. or should i install PA-Gapps. Whats the difference yours and PA's one?

Also if i flash the CM Gapps 20140105 can i flash your Stock Camera.zip after it to have the Stock Camera with HDR+ and Photosphere without any issues?

wipian

Oct 5, 2011
I have some FC when installing/uninstalling apps (I can't read what, as popup vanishes instantly) and huge battery drain after I "downgraded" with 16/1 versions... Any idea?

I managed to get a screenshot from a paused screencast :)

It's Google Play Services.

4a8azu2e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2915683

Hi Banks, does your 4.4.2 Gapps work with CM11 without any problems? my device is Nexus 5. or should i install PA-Gapps. Whats the difference yours and PA's one?

Also if i flash the CM Gapps 20140105 can i flash your Stock Camera.zip after it to have the Stock Camera with HDR+ and Photosphere without any issues?

My GApps are slimmer and doesn't contain everything. Sure It should work.

I managed to get a screenshot from a paused screencast :)

It's Google Play Services.

4a8azu2e.jpg

Maybe it needs to be updated.

limitedMUSCL

Nov 23, 2013
San Giuseppe dei Campi

In principle you can your data. Just format /system with either TWRP or CWM. Your data is in /data do you won't lose them. Flash ROM and gapps after formatting.

Core apps will log you into Google but it will not sync everything like calendar. Check all packages in the first post.

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Is there any way to wipe the data only for gapps but not for the whole user apps. If that makes sense? Because I assume reflashing will still keep their data

L-ViZ

Oct 31, 2010
Hessia
@BaNkS, got some weird issues.

when i try to install calendersynch, then i can´t install the calender itself. "can´t install an app with the same id" or something like that was the playstore error. but without installing it i can use the synch anyways^^

the second thing is that hangouts is fc´ing instantly after trying to launch it.

made a fullwipe. using latest psx version atm. my device is flo. may be you got a hint how to solve my issue :)

thx in advance l-viz

drewski_1

Jul 20, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA

when i try to install calendersynch, then i can´t install the calender itself. "can´t install an app with the same id" or something like that was the playstore error. but without installing it i can use the synch anyways^^

the second thing is that hangouts is fc´ing instantly after trying to launch it.

made a fullwipe. using latest psx version atm. my device is flo. may be you got a hint how to solve my issue :)

thx in advance l-viz

I think Calendar Sync is for the ROM's AOSP Calendar. Not needed for Play Store Google Calendar.

D

Deleted member 2915683

why the latest core package has old Google play? :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I reverted everything to factory versions.
Is there any way to wipe the data only for gapps but not for the whole user apps. If that makes sense? Because I assume reflashing will still keep their data

Wipe system and not data.

thx in advance l-viz

That's only for AOSP Calendar. Google Calendar has its own built in syncing.

tngphm

Nov 5, 2013
Hi there,

I just flashed the CM11 Nightly Build on 25th Jan 2014. Then I flashed the GApps standard pack 4.4.2. However, after rebooting, I see no GApss (GMail, Maps, Google Cal, etc.). I just have PlayStore only. Does any one have the same problem?

I tried to reflashed as well but there is no help.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 2915683
    CLOSED
    D
    Deleted member 2915683
    Well people all good things come to an end eventually. It has been a good 2 yrs with GApps, but it is my time to get out and enjoy other things. It was a pleasure providing GApps to the community, but I am just too busy with other things including life to focus on this anymore. I already contacted @TKruzze (PA GApps guy) and he will make a special Nano PA GApps zips for people who used my Minimal GApps zip to ease the transition. I will still be around here and there. Again. thanks to all the users and supporters. It was fun. :). This thread will get locked soon. I will leave the links for old GApps up for a few days for people who want to download them and backup/etc. Take it easy.
    Finally I was able to block the SystemUpdateService wakelock, using this app:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rs.autorun
    go to settings, enable the option to show system entries
    find google play services and disable:
    SystemUpdateService$Receiver
    SystemUpdateService$ActiveReceiver
    SystemUpdateService$SecretCodeReceiver
    done... no more wakelock and it didn't break anything, syncs all work ok
    I know this app doesn't look the best, but I tried others like "Android Tuner Free", "Disable Services", "Gemini App Manager", etc, but they allowed me to only disable the main service and didn't show the other receivers that had to be disabled.
    D
    Deleted member 2915683
    You should add the email+exchange app too.

Done. Check OP :)
    D
    Deleted member 2915683
    Sad to hear that for selfish reasons! Your Minimal Gapps have been my go to for a long time. Enjoy whatever you do and many thanks for the excellent work we've all enjoyed!

Tapatalked that shiznit.

Thanks, but how is it selfish? Lol. I been doing this for almost three years now and I just don't have the time to do this anymore.