Expensive BBY battery vs cheap

Search This thread

TheAtheistReverend

Mar 29, 2010
Minneapolis
Anyone try this battery yet? I have a few batteries laying around that have all gone to crap and my 1750 from seidio isn't holding it's charge very well anymore.
Still can't bring myself to buy the 3500.

Letitride

Might want to consider & shop for OEM 1500 maH ?

Haven't tried them yet but I got a supposingly OEM battery (1500 maH) for the Ozone/Imagio at around $10 including shipping via eBay, and I switched it over to the Eris since the Ozone is now used only as an unlocked spare for GSM/wifi purposes, etc. Got it from these folks, fast ship as they're local & was in our mailbox in 4 or 5 days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-OEM-HTC-BTR...309517?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3a5dd47b8d

It's only slightly larger than the OEM 1300 maH rated battery, but this one fit perfectly as well and with the custom Froyo, rooted phone, giving me enough juice for a full 18-30 hours day without running low - depending on usage, and, at night, I just hook it up to the charger. Plus, I got plenty of vechile & usb charging option while on the go, plus, the spare battery resulting from the switch with me most of the time, so I'm good going anywhere with the device.

I prefer not to throw more money for a 3500 maH battery+cover as none of the protective cover/shield/cases out there are designed for the thicker phone & its bulk, which sort of defeat the purpose of using this relatively "compact" device especially on a side-by-side with the TB and their related siblings. ;)

willwgp

Jul 27, 2010
I just ordered this battery OP suggested, will test it out and get back to you guys some time next week. Really needed a battery a bit bigger than what I've got now, and I think $10 fits the bill! Thanks OP.

willwgp

Jul 27, 2010
I've tried out the battery over the past few days, and I'm impressed. I had the oem 1500 battery before, and it went down in life really quick throughout the day. On normal use, I would only have 20-30% by lunch time. But I took it off the charger at 7:50am today, and it's at 80% right now (1:23pm). Most of the weekend, I was hooked up to Wi-Fi, and it lasted an entire day and a half on normal use. I define normal use as 30-60 minute sessions of browsing the web, and texting every now and then for about 5-10 minutes. I'm enjoying it a lot. For only $10 you can't go wrong. So if you want a battery that will last you through the day, this is it. Thanks for the find, OP.

Reactions: skorasaurus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've tried out the battery over the past few days, and I'm impressed. I had the oem 1500 battery before, and it went down in life really quick throughout the day. On normal use, I would only have 20-30% by lunch time. But I took it off the charger at 7:50am today, and it's at 80% right now (1:23pm). Most of the weekend, I was hooked up to Wi-Fi, and it lasted an entire day and a half on normal use. I define normal use as 30-60 minute sessions of browsing the web, and texting every now and then for about 5-10 minutes. I'm enjoying it a lot. For only $10 you can't go wrong. So if you want a battery that will last you through the day, this is it. Thanks for the find, OP.