Good earphones for working out

Search This thread

lilfleck

Oct 12, 2010
You guys seriously workout w/ this brick? I love my phone, but no way does it work as a workout partner... unless you guys are just on a treadmill/elliptical when you go to the gym...

This thing is too bulky to be a gym partner.

AuraspeeD

Jul 30, 2010
I highly recommend the Klipsch Image S4a. I've owned the regular S4 model for a couple of years now and love them with Comply Foam tips. The S4a adds Android music track control that aren't on the S4. Many reviews compare its sound quality to that of ear buds that cost hundreds more. They retail for about $80, but can be found for less.
Cnet's review: http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/klipsch-image-s4a-headphones/4505-7877_7-35025068.html

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: havi007

havi007

Aug 5, 2010
Sugar Land, TX
I highly recommend the Klipsch Image S4a. I've owned the regular S4 model for a couple of years now and love them with Comply Foam tips. The S4a adds Android music track control that aren't on the S4. Many reviews compare its sound quality to that of ear buds that cost hundreds more. They retail for about $80, but can be found for less.
Cnet's review: http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/klipsch-image-s4a-headphones/4505-7877_7-35025068.html

pulled the trigger truely excited did two day activation on this ho

AuraspeeD

Jul 30, 2010
How do you like the Klipsch S4a now that you've had them? I didn't mind the stock ear tips, but after months of use they needed replacing. I purchased Comply Foam tips and they're a great upgrade; super comfortable, great noise isolation, and some cool colors.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

havi007

Aug 5, 2010
Sugar Land, TX
Not bad at all if I had to complain It would be volume I'm used to loud but I'm fine it I know its bad to be loud and for this pair no need to be loud cuz this pair does a very good job of canceling out any background noise. You got a link for those buds. Thanks

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

LAYGO

Jul 7, 2010
interesting so this is like a wireless receiver

No, it's a bluetooth adapter that uses headphones. ANY 3.5mm headphones. It works awesomely. I think they're coming out with an updated version too (read/heard it months ago, but didn't research). If they do, I'll gladly get one. This thing is awesome, plus I can use whatever headphones I want (in ear, over ear, etc. I use either my Sennheiser Over or Shure IEM).

EDIT:
This looks like the successor to the BH-214!
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Noki...veiled-with-OLED-display-and-FM-radio_id27377

Like one of the commenters said: SHUT UP & TAKE MY MONEY! I don't think they realize how useful it is to use your own headphones (or the included ones) without ever having to access your phone.

I used it once as a remote (see my review for how wired/BT simultaneously means wired takes priority). I kept the BH-214 on me, but my phone was plugged into the stereo about 20' away. If a song came on I didn't care for, I hit next on the BH-214 & it would change. Worked ok as long as I was in range.

Last edited:

havi007

Aug 5, 2010
Sugar Land, TX
What I meant to say is Bluetooth is wireless technology but not like wifi and it transmits audio via Bluetooth to the phone. No price I'm not at home yet but I Google the price. If its cheap enough I would get . I would like to just buy the adapter and leave the earbuds alone

LAYGO

Jul 7, 2010
What I meant to say is Bluetooth is wireless technology but not like wifi and it transmits audio via Bluetooth to the phone. No price I'm not at home yet but I Google the price. If its cheap enough I would get . I would like to just buy the adapter and leave the earbuds alone

If you didn't use the headphones with it, it'd act like a BT Remote. You could change prev/next/play/pause/send/end calls/volume up/volume down. As for price, I just saw it for $74. Seems only one place is selling them in the US & that's Expansys.

But, why wouldn't you use the headphones?

In my case, I already had some NICE NICE Shure IEMs (In Ear Monitors, professional musician level) that sound great with it. Same with my Sennheiser HD640 & PC350.

havi007

Aug 5, 2010
Sugar Land, TX
If you didn't use the headphones with it, it'd act like a BT Remote. You could change prev/next/play/pause/send/end calls/volume up/volume down. As for price, I just saw it for $74. Seems only one place is selling them in the US & that's Expansys.

But, why wouldn't you use the headphones?

In my case, I already had some NICE NICE Shure IEMs (In Ear Monitors, professional musician level) that sound great with it. Same with my Sennheiser HD640 & PC350.

Well I just purchase some really nice ones retailed at a 100 dollars for 70

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.