[ROM] CM7 T989 Kang R7 Update {4/26/2012} Nightly 4/21/2012 Base

Search This thread

manekineko

Jul 26, 2009
Darkside Super Wiped and home button still didn't work on initial flash, I'll fix permissions to fix it.

I've seen other people mention this before, does this affect everyone, and if so, perhaps it should be added to known issues.

tackleberry

Apr 18, 2008
I'm aware of this random issue, a few people has problems, I've tried on 4 types of wireless routers & I can't reproduce this bug to see what is causing it. :confused:

Good point. I was at burger king and could not connect. At home no problem at all. Weird. Haven't tried anywhere else yet. There was only like 3 other people in there at the time and one was a bum lol. The others were not using anything device wise. So undoubted it was over filled device wise

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Last edited:

qdoba

Aug 29, 2010
I'm also having trouble connecting to previous wifi networks. I think its a problem with this rom... Let me know if anyone has a fix.

Gamesoul Master

Aug 26, 2010
I'm also having trouble connecting to previous wifi networks. I think its a problem with this rom... Let me know if anyone has a fix.

You know... I'm not sure what to think about this now. I just flashed a different ROM to see what would happen, and I'm having the same exact issue with connecting to the Wi-Fi as with this ROM. And yet, every other device in my house is just fine, and I had made absolutely no changes to my network to account for this happening. It's as if there's just something in the air that's making a bunch of Android phones not connect to Wi-Fi networks... -.-

Edit: Holy crap, it just connected out of nowhere. I didn't even do anything, I just let it sit there and do it's looping thing forever, and then I looked and was suddenly connected after a minute or so. I wish I had some kind of insight as to why this is happening... lol.

Last edited:

qdoba

Aug 29, 2010
You know... I'm not sure what to think about this now. I just flashed a different ROM to see what would happen, and I'm having the same exact issue with connecting to the Wi-Fi as with this ROM. And yet, every other device in my house is just fine, and I had made absolutely no changes to my network to account for this happening. It's as if there's just something in the air that's making a bunch of Android phones not connect to Wi-Fi networks... -.-

Edit: Holy crap, it just connected out of nowhere. I didn't even do anything, I just let it sit there and do it's looping thing forever, and then I looked and was suddenly connected after a minute or so. I wish I had some kind of insight as to why this is happening... lol.

Yeah my wifi is all of a sudden working again as well. weird

jordanishere

Sep 13, 2011
Darkside Super Wiped and home button still didn't work on initial flash, I'll fix permissions to fix it.

I've seen other people mention this before, does this affect everyone, and if so, perhaps it should be added to known issues.

roms can always be buggy after the initial flash. just reboot.

Good point. I was at burger king and could not connect. At home no problem at all. Weird. Haven't tried anywhere else yet. There was only like 3 other people in there at the time and one was a bum lol. The others were not using anything device wise. So undoubted it was over filled device wise

lol the burgerking routers are probably incredibly overloaded. they may have problems accepting new connections.

If you have trouble locking gps signal, you can try this mod:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1476962

My phone usually locks within 10 - 20 seconds.

is the above mod rom specific? i was thinking of flashing this, and also the oc daemon...

SGS2 (T989) on CM7_373R6

eugene373

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 11, 2009
eb-productions.proboards.com
OKAY, this is very very ODD...

I used Media parts out of the latest CM7 trying to fix the youtube issue ( Plus port over the latest nightly )

Well, 2 results happen!

1. Gallery3D is fully fixed on loading Pictures & no lag at all...

2. This might be a fluke at best, I won't know until today is finished though, but I only lost 10% battery on a 9 1/2 sleep, however I'm not 100% positive that my battery was even fully charged though due to flash half the night & testing MIUI PatchRom & Flashing & testing a new port of CM7 as well

Touching base on the New Post of CM7:

I got the Latest Nightly of CM7 to flash & boot, but has issue though..

Frameworks needed heavly modified to even boot & has issue.
1. Camera not working, but think I can fix this
2. Sensors not working, but think I can fix this
3. No In-Call Audio or Data... If I can find this Issue, then I can likely Fix the MIUI Port ( Non-Patchrom version ) as well.

tackleberry

Apr 18, 2008
roms can always be buggy after the initial flash. just reboot.

lol the burgerking routers are probably incredibly overloaded. they may have problems accepting new connections.

is the above mod rom specific? i was thinking of flashing this, and also the oc daemon...

SGS2 (T989) on CM7_373R6

True but I have connected at the same one before many times. My g2x however would never connect to that place. And it was running cm7. Weird!!! Its OK. Long as it works at home I'm OK with it

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010

I used Media parts out of the latest CM7 trying to fix the youtube issue ( Plus port over the latest nightly )

Well, 2 results happen!

2. This might be a fluke at best, I won't know until today is finished though, but I only lost 10% battery on a 9 1/2 sleep, however I'm not 100% positive that my battery was even fully charged though due to flash half the night & testing MIUI PatchRom & Flashing & testing a new port of CM7 as well

3. No In-Call Audio or Data... If I can find this Issue, then I can likely Fix the MIUI Port ( Non-Patchrom version ) as well.

Could you add the cm 7.2 rotation animation?

Sent from one of my phones! Thank me.

melinton

Jun 7, 2011

Well, 2 results happen!

Sounds like a win to me :)

jahrule

Apr 3, 2012

Well, 2 results happen!

Would this mean you dont have to work solely by doing smalli edits?

eugene373

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 11, 2009
eb-productions.proboards.com
Just an Update!!

Okay, this is Just an Update:

The CM7 I'm rebasing this build off is Nightly 4/21/2012

So far I got Camera Working!

I had in-call Audio fixed until I went to the dentist, but I had no Data connection..

Getting closer, going to check & see if the youtube issue is fixed as well on wifi...

Hoping to have this updated to the latest & greatest CM7

& Yes!!! It has the ICS animation crap that everyone keeps wanting..

*EDIT***

Well Fudge me Running, Youtube issue still present :(

~Eugene

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I Am Not AFFILIATED with the CyanogenMOD Team.. Any Comments by me are not the views of CyanogenMOD!

Please Read ENTIRE Post

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

****THIS IS A TESTING PHASE ROM THERE WILL BE ISSUES.****
    This is an Beta 5 release & Based on Slayher CM7 Build, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

**Known Issues**
    ~ Join Contacts don't work correctly
    ~ APN Lost on Airplane Mode
    ~ Render FX Not working
    ~ Youtube Fast Forward is Broken
    ~ volume+ might have issue.... see this Post
    ~ Changing CPU Governor can sometimes cause CPU1 from not going Offline
    ~ NFC Does not work

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Galaxy S2 (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip Wipe Utility
    4. Install Rom

- Second time flashing
    1. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip Wipe Utility
    2. Install Rom

~ If Coming from ICS
    1. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip
    2. Flash Rom

Download:

T-Mobile T989 SGS2:
    Nightly 4/21/2012 -> CM7_373R7.zip
    CM7_373R6.zip

AT&T SkyRocket I727 SGS2:
    CM7_373R6_ATT.zip
    Update ETA

ETA is on for Tonight! Battery issue's found!

R2 issue fixed for upcoming release..

LED Flash Mode: No Longer grayed out
    Lockring: All issue's Resolved
    Video player FC = Fixed
    USB Mount = 100%
    CM7 SD: CM7 displays SD's Correctly.... emmc reports the internal & sdcard reports external via settings
    Battery: All issue's resolved
    WiFi: Should be Fully resolved for those that had connection issues
    Right, lets try this again, shall we?

The OP has kindly provided another thread for you to ask questions in and generally post pointless crap like 'thanks', 'downloading!', 'awesome' etc.

This thread should be reserved for bug reports and constructive feedback for the OP.
    Update is now Posted.. Enjoy!
    ~Eugene
    Okay, SPAMMING my own thread.... but, DAMN Battery is Awesome!!!

Glad everyone likes it..

Going to Focus on ICS from here on out!

Have a few other Project as well, but ics.... here we come "soon"

~Eugene