PowerAMP low volume vs Google play Music

Search This thread

monilchheda

Jul 30, 2008
So I installed PowerAMP on the Nexus 5. When I played a song stored on the phone, the volume was too low. I was able to hear it clearly only after maxing my phone volume.

I opened GooglePlay Music app and played the same song again. The difference is tremendous. Even with mid volume settings, I can hear the song clearly.

Is it just me or I am using PowerAMP in a wrong way?

Alex240188

May 4, 2010
Hull
Go into the EQ and disable "Equ, Tone & limit". Then you should have full sound again.
I'm on the nexus 4 at the minute but the behavior is exactly the same. As soon as you enable any of the 3 options the Max volume decreases hugely.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388598867874.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388598867874.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 582

monilchheda

Jul 30, 2008
Go into the EQ and disable "Equ, Tone & limit". Then you should have full sound again.
I'm on the nexus 4 at the minute but the behavior is exactly the same. As soon as you enable any of the 3 options the Max volume decreases hugely.

I disabled all three. Yes, there was a mild improvement, still nothing close to Google play. :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks any ways. Any other tips appreciated.

rameshbitra

Sep 26, 2012
Chennai
I am exactly facing the same issue due to which I m preferring google play music instead of poweramp. Is this due to how play music directly uses DSP rather than a software from poweramp? Can anyone enlighten please?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

monilchheda

Jul 30, 2008
I am exactly facing the same issue due to which I m preferring google play music instead of poweramp. Is this due to how play music directly uses DSP rather than a software from poweramp? Can anyone enlighten please?

Thank god, I felt i was the only one having the problem.

Alex240188

May 4, 2010
Hull
I forgot the other options sorry.
Goto menu-settings-audio-advanced tweaks.
Disable direct audio control
Enable music fx
Now go back to the eq page and click the tone \ vol tab at the bottom.
Click music fx so that it's highlighted.
Hopefully that will solve your issue

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388612216456.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388612216456.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 871
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388612233712.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388612233712.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 882

rameshbitra

Sep 26, 2012
Chennai
Thanks these changes increased the volume loudness from speaker. I will check the tonality and quality from earphones and report.

Alex240188

May 4, 2010
Hull
By enabling the music fx it should be using the android DSP exactly the same as play music

Reactions: rameshbitra

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

By enabling the music fx it should be using the android DSP exactly the same as play music