[Q] Wifi keeps dropping :(

Search This thread

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
Hi, I have a Sony Xperia z Tablet, i've had it about 4 months, the wifi did used to drop when i first got it, using 4.2 but since updating to 4.3 i think it's doing it more so.

I flashed my 4.3 from the following link as i couldn't wait for the update:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49978673

So anyway, where i live is an ipad connected to the wifi as well as my samsung galaxy s4 and laptop.

I play games a lot (especially clash of clans) and turn the net on my tablet, it will usually drop around 4-6 times per night, every time it does drop, my games will reset (which is a pain for clash of clans) or the internet will just say can't connect.

But while my tablet is saying this all our other devices are still connected and working fine, so i've realised that it must be the tablet it's self for some reason.

I have turned wifi optimisation off as i was finding the wifi was dropping even more so with this on.

Is there a way to flash the modem to a different one for wifi or anything like that, i just don't know what I'm going to do about it if anyone has any suggestions?

Did i do the wrong thing by flashing the ftf uk unbranded rom, could it be that?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

James

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
Hi, I have a Sony Xperia z Tablet, i've had it about 4 months, the wifi did used to drop when i first got it, using 4.2 but since updating to 4.3 i think it's doing it more so.

I flashed my 4.3 from the following link as i couldn't wait for the update:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49978673

So anyway, where i live is an ipad connected to the wifi as well as my samsung galaxy s4 and laptop.

I play games a lot (especially clash of clans) and turn the net on my tablet, it will usually drop around 4-6 times per night, every time it does drop, my games will reset (which is a pain for clash of clans) or the internet will just say can't connect.

But while my tablet is saying this all our other devices are still connected and working fine, so i've realised that it must be the tablet it's self for some reason.

I have turned wifi optimisation off as i was finding the wifi was dropping even more so with this on.

Is there a way to flash the modem to a different one for wifi or anything like that, i just don't know what I'm going to do about it if anyone has any suggestions?

Did i do the wrong thing by flashing the ftf uk unbranded rom, could it be that?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

James

Try a hard reset that should fix it...

To do a hard reset on the xperia tablet, first power it down.
Then, press and hold "Volume +" for roughly 3 seconds. While still holding "Volume +", then press and hold Power for an additional second.
Use "volume -" to arrow down to the factory reset option. Press power to select this option. Then on the next screen use "volume -" again to navigate to the YES option to confirm this is what you wish to do (all data will be erased).