Where to buy Nexus 5 in Korea?

Search This thread

hrffd

Oct 27, 2011
Lakeland
I'm living in Korea on Osan AFB. No phone stores inside the base sell the Nexus 5, not even the LG store. I was hoping to order one online, preferebly 32GB Red, and hopefully FROM korea so it doesnt take 2 months to get here. Anyone know where I can go about getting one?

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I'm living in Korea on Osan AFB. No phone stores inside the base sell the Nexus 5, not even the LG store. I was hoping to order one online, preferebly 32GB Red, and hopefully FROM korea so it doesnt take 2 months to get here. Anyone know where I can go about getting one?

Try Amazon or Ebay.

Technecium

Oct 6, 2007

I bought mine right from Play. It shipped from Hong Kong. Had it in 3 days. Too easy.

koeASOP 4.4.2 w/ Franco kernel

Jan 5, 2013
My problem was, I can't seem to find one that would ship from Korea so I don't have to wait months. But I could be looking wrong.

I 100% assure you that nothing takes THAT long to ship and the proof is the guy I've also quoted, although 3 days seems a little fast (maybe express shipping or something? :confused: ) Maybe there's a warehouse in Hong Kong or something. Who knows?

I bought mine right from Play. It shipped from Hong Kong. Had it in 3 days. Too easy.

Technecium

Oct 6, 2007
I 100% assure you that nothing takes THAT long to ship and the proof is the guy I've also quoted, although 3 days seems a little fast (maybe express shipping or something? :confused: ) Maybe there's a warehouse in Hong Kong or something. Who knows?

I don't know why it came from HK. I bought it the day it became available. Like you said, maybe a warehouse ... but the math speaks for itself...

HK > KR (Incheon) - 4 hrs
Incheon > my house - 1.5 hrs

Add some time for lunch breaks, customs, etc..

I was actually a little surprised it took 3 days. HK and KR are small and deliveries in both places usually take only a few hours from the time of dispatch to get to the intended location. If the item is in stock and it doesn't show up by the next afternoon people start to call.

PS.. Shipping was free :D

jtwlbz

Apr 29, 2012
Earth
Lg and samsung are korean companies and you can't get them in korea? Haha..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: o1nks

Technecium

Oct 6, 2007

You can get them. This discussion is about how and how quickly. Osan AB and most posts in Korea aren't really "Korea". If you've lived on one you'll understand that.
Samsung, what does that have anything to do with Nexus 5?

And Google is, the last time I checked, an American company.

So China got the iPhone first? Because most of it is made by Foxconn.

Yes, LGE is a Korean company but I think you don't understand the way global trade works.

To the OP, try through the Korean Play store first. I have a Korean bank account and cc so it was easy for me. If not try connecting to Play via a VPN. See if you can have it delivered to an APO FPO or DPO.

hrffd

Oct 27, 2011
Lakeland

That's what i'm saying..

Did you buy it off of English Play store? It takes 3 - 4 weeks there anyways. I can't really find one online anywhere that would send from over here. I can buy a black one and get a skin for it so that wouldn't matter either.

Last edited:

Technecium

Oct 6, 2007
That's what i'm saying..

Did you buy it off of English Play store? It takes 3 - 4 weeks there anyways. I can't really find one online anywhere that would send from over here. I can buy a black one and get a skin for it so that wouldn't matter either.

I live in Korea. I bought mine from the Korean Play store. I used my Korean CC. It was delivered to my home in Korea.

So to answer the question, where do you get a Nexus 5 in Korea?

The Korean Play Store.

When you live on Osan AB or any other post in Korea, you don't actually live in Korea. You live in US territory. The Korean Play store only ships to Korea.

You will probably not find it at a KT, SKT or LGE store for the same reasons you don't find Samsung in an Apple store. Granted it's manufactured by LGE, it is a Google phone.

Sent from my SHV-E300K using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: hrffd

hrffd

Oct 27, 2011
Lakeland
I live in Korea. I bought mine from the Korean Play store. I used my Korean CC. It was delivered to my home in Korea.

The Korean Play Store.

When you live on Osan AB or any other post in Korea, you don't actually live in Korea. You live in US territory. The Korean Play store only ships to Korea.

You will probably not find it at a KT, SKT or LGE store for the same reasons you don't find Samsung in an Apple store. Granted it's manufactured by LGE, it is a Google phone.

Thanks for the info, i'll try to see if I can find a VPN or proxy to connect to korean playstore. But my problem is, I can't find a VPN via desktop that can connect to Korean play store.

But Osan is not just US territory. It's join force, we have korean territory also. We have to follow all korean laws on base as they do to US laws.

Last edited:

Technecium

Oct 6, 2007
But Osan is not just US territory. It's join force, we have korean territory also. We have to follow all korean laws on base as they do to US laws.

I understand, been there done that. Enjoy! You might also try http://global.olleh.com or http://ktexpatblog.com/?page_id=75

show these pages to the store on base and maybe they can help you out. you could also ask a katusa to order one for you. give him 50 bucks for their troubles.

Last edited:

hrffd

Oct 27, 2011
Lakeland

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's what i'm saying..

The Korean Play Store.