[ROM] [Samsung SGH-i600] WM 6.5.3 (Build 23137) by PsyClip-R

Search This thread

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
For the Tornado it is drastically different - TI-driver ~40fps, the generic MS ~2 fps. I have no access to the devices until 2 weeks to test the same and PsyClip-R has pulled the links where his generic MS driver is located - so I cannot test if the generic MS driver he has is different to the one that I have (see my share a little further down).

When dealing with the drivers I had desperately searched for applications that make use of the D3D - but except the Demo Apps I have not found ANY. Can you tell which are utilizing the D3D interface?
Is all that strive for the best driver not useless if no application actually uses it?

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
Actually, I don't know which is the processor of the Samsung i600, and I don't know how much it differ from Omap1030, and of course I don't know how much they differ from Omap850 (besides frequency), but the MS Driver really improve the FPS over D3DM. The MS Driver even let you to run some things on D3DM that the TI driver doesn't, and in my opinion the system doesn't lags or anything.

Can you please make the driver from MS available to me? I would like to test and compare on the OMAP 850 and older (750 and 730) as well.

You also state that "some things" would only run with the MS Driver and not the TI. I was seeking for practical relevance of the D3D interface and could not find any applications except the demo-apps. Which are these "some things" that you mention?

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
tobbbie read first post :/

Well, this is why I asked nickelby - he seemed to have it for his compare of performance. No clue why PsyClip-R is so sensible to my queries - that never ever happened in years for any of my posts. No problem for me as a non-owner of this device - still I am curious if the MS generic driver is the same that I have and if there are any applications using D3D.

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
OK, after some archeology on the web I found the original link to the ROM (i600_23137_23090_PsyClip-R.zip), downloaded it, decompiled and dumped it to get the magic msdriver out of there.

So indeed there exist 3 drivers:
  1. - the old "reference driver" that I was referring to as the "generic MS driver" (d3dmref.dll)
  2. - the TI driver (d3dm_ti3d.dll + ti3deng.dll)
  3. - the MS driver with later date and NOT the reference driver (d3dm_msdrv.dll)
Performance on the OMAP750 (Hurricane) is: 2, 30, 42 fps in above sequence. Proving that indeed as PsyClip-R had stated the latest driver to be the best performing.

Now the only riddle to solve for me is still: which applications/games require/profit from that D3D interface on a smartphone?

PsyClip-R

Dec 19, 2009
Warsaw
the latest available d3d driver

a little info.
in the last available build on XDA --- WM6.5_CE_OS_5.2.23137.23137.5.3.9 there's a string in default.reg--
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\D3DM\Drivers]
"LocalHook"="d3dm_msdrv.dll"
but the dll is not available. so you need to find it somewhere else
The latest update for i637 (jack) also has
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\D3DM\Drivers]
"LocalHook"="d3dm_msdrv.dll"
In my latest build i have included this one (from the latest samsung jack atnt update)

Last edited:

Tipika

Jan 5, 2008
When I had my old sagem/mitac phone, i found that the snes emulator and the player now known as tcpmp (what's the name?) used the d3d

I spent hours fixing the d3d on that phone for almost no gain (except playing snes at full speed and being able to watch videos at 200% speed)

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
SNES is understandable, but TCPMP? The latter should profit from directX not D3D - but maybe I will check on coreplayer (the successor). Anyway I have the same experience - hardly any (if any at all) application uses the D3D on the smartphone.
I believe the newer phones with graphic effect interfaces (like the HTC Sense) will have a gain from D3D but not the old (almost retired) smartphones.

BTW: We get way off topic here in this thread here, but it is dead for its original purpose, sadly due to the D3D topic I started within here - so another "no gain" for smartphones from D3D...

PsyClip-R

Dec 19, 2009
Warsaw
New build

OK guys, that's enough for off-top messages !

Here's my latest build, made it about a month ago, from the time i stopped my developing.

the main interesting thing in it - conversation messages skin (Windows 7 style)

Initialization process fails to delete some reg keys, that's why you will have some problems with Canvas 2D or Samsung animated dial pad

Take it here

There's a little plan for a future - to implement transparent wallpaper (or taskbar skin). Will see if i could do that. Currently I've no time for this

Tipika

Jan 5, 2008
Thanks a lot!

(too bad that rapidshare is censored in china, i'll proxy that later)

Tipika

Jan 5, 2008
When I find the sync cable, I will flash it soon! :)

edit: oh, does not work in x64...
ok, i have 2 stuff to do: 1. find the usb cable, 2. install win x86 :)

Last edited:
M

marialubra

I've flashed it.

Very very good rom, no problem found after a couple of day of usage.
It most efficent of previous one, with some bugs solved as keyboard layouts.

Greath job!
Thanks

tayebboussaid

Feb 1, 2012
amazing ,excellent rom with only small problem "no AZERTY layout for the keyboard" it's only qwerty.
if only we -french language users-could not suffer the mix up btween a and q or z and w
so please if you can help
again great mesmerizing work man
god bless u

hotrider

Jul 10, 2010
Plovdiv
hello. I installed this Rom and everything is working properly for now.
I tried to install shazam but gave me an error,
sorry shazam does not support your devices because there is no support for GDI+.
what can I do so I can install shazam?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys !
    Recently i have built a newer build of 6.5.3.23137 for Samsung i600. It's not tested now cause i've a 64bit Windows 7, and where's no driver available for 64bit 7. So i'm asking you to test and report for problems !

The main change is Titanium experience ! Also as many asked me i have installed YouTube and Ateksoft CoolCamera (unfortunelly only russian language interface) Need good english and polish translations

Also pay atentions that phncan.dll aka PhoneCanvas where deleted due to graphical problems
    Adobe Flash Light didn't word at all so i've deleted it to.

PDA_i600_ChristmasEdition.zip

Thanx for all and waitin for quick reports !
    screens

sshot000b.png
    sshot001o.png
    sshot002ow.png
    Screen Shot

please include Screen Shot
    use MTTY.exe to flash bin file, while the guide How to flash bin file can you look at http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=1438320&postcount=3
    Basic cooking manual released !!! more in the first post