Got a 4G Verizon SIM Card Question...

Search This thread

farmsatguy

Feb 19, 2011
Southside, VA
I've had a Verizon tablet pretty much since the day they released and have enjoyed all the bells and whistles that the custom roms have offered here on XDA (currently on EOS Nightly 101 for 4G version).

So, my wife's birthday rolled around, she wanted one, I got a great deal on eBay for the MZ602 (Verizon 4G version). Did my homework, made sure it was clear to activate on Verizon account if I chose to do so (everything was perfect). The moment I got it, I unlocked it, rooted it, and flashed an EOS nightly (I flashed the 4g version even tho I didn't have the SIM card - runs perfect, no problems at all). Anyway, we left if as a wifi only version (didn't add it to my Verizon account) for awhile but, of course, this can be limiting when you travel a lot, camp, etc... So, I contacted Verizon, added it to my account, and they shipped out the 4G SIM card 2 day FedEx. I now have the SIM card in my possession for her rooted, Team EOS nightly running MZ602 Xoom.

My question is this...do I need to return her Xoom back to factory stock before inserting the SIM card so it will activate on the Verizon network or can I just pop it in as is running on the rooted Xoom?

Thanks for any help ahead of time...

Last edited:

jnc8651

Feb 9, 2007
San Antonio
You just need to pop the sim card in and reboot it if the tablet is on when you do that. And also turn off airplane mode if its on and it will get connect and you will be good to go.

runhopskipjump

Dec 20, 2010
You just need to pop the sim card in and reboot it if the tablet is on when you do that. And also turn off airplane mode if its on and it will get connect and you will be good to go.

To add to what he or she said, no you don't need to return your xoom back to stock. Just pop the sim card in and reboot. Just make sure that airplane mode is off and mobile data on. You can also choose between 4g\3g or just 3g but I don't know if that really saves any juice while on the go. 4g seem to have better reception in building and through walls, Sao I just leave it on the default 4g\3g option.

You can also use your similar from a 4g phone like the HTC thunderbolt. I do it often when my phone battery is dead or when tethering via Bluetooth/wifi isn't working properly. I have unlimited data on my phone so i just use that.

Xoom 4G + Team EOS ICS nightlies = WIN