Lg G FLEX OR LG G2 On att

Search This thread

jayb86

Dec 17, 2013
Which one do should I buy or should I wait till Samsung comes out with a new phone im due for an upgrade and I really don't know which one I should pick im coming from a Samsung s3 on att thanks a bunch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

canecbr600

Oct 27, 2008
Which one do should I buy or should I wait till Samsung comes out with a new phone im due for an upgrade and I really don't know which one I should pick im coming from a Samsung s3 on att thanks a bunch

Both are gr8 phones, and the only difference really comes down to the screen. Internals are the same. The g2 also has ois camera. Bigger curved screen on the flex, but its 720p. Still looks good, and believe it or not, the more runtime, the better it looks. I think the flex runs faster in everyday use, prolly because it does alot less processing for graphics because of the lower resolution ...

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I have a G2 and Flex on T-Mobile but I don't think the carrier matters. You can't go wrong with the G2 or Flex but I'm 95% sure I'm selling my G2 and keeping the Flex. The main reason is the Flex battery life very good and it "wow's" me with the curved screen + it just seems a tad faster/smoother. I don't think the resolution difference in screens is as big as deal as people make it out to be. Both screens are sharp. I think the camera's are pretty similar. I will miss the G2 development but I think the Flex will be ok with time. I won't miss the echo bug that most KitKat Roms had with the G2. lol Just depends if you want a big phone or not.

The S5 is coming out soon and the G3 I think is around the corner as well.

IMG_1400_zps799847f7.jpg

Last edited:

jayb86

Dec 17, 2013
Well thanks I think im going to get the flex the only thing that makes me want to get the g2 is that it records in 1080p

iamtha1

Dec 1, 2012
Well thanks I think im going to get the flex the only thing that makes me want to get the g2 is that it records in 1080p

The lg g flex records up to 4k "uhd"

Sent from my LG-D950 using xda app-developers app

jayb86

Dec 17, 2013
Oh ok then yeah im going to get it then thanks

jayb86

Dec 17, 2013
I got the LG flex so far it's a great phone.

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
I just got the Flex and starting to use to see if it can be my daily driver. So far the screen isn't as bad as some people have stated. However, I'm just on day 2.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

jayb86

Dec 17, 2013
I came from the galaxy s3 on att and about the screen. I've noticed a few things that I didn't like about it for instance after texting someone I can still see the keyboard after I've put it away of a few seconds and I'm on day two the girl at the att. Store said if I don't like it I can take it back before. 14 days

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
I came from the galaxy s3 on att and about the screen. I've noticed a few things that I didn't like about it for instance after texting someone I can still see the keyboard after I've put it away of a few seconds and I'm on day two the girl at the att. Store said if I don't like it I can take it back before. 14 days

Like you I'm in that period too, so I'll see how everything plays out.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

By the way, I don't here the keyboard ghosting issue.

canecbr600

Oct 27, 2008

That issue should get less pronounced the more u use it, atleast it did on mine. I think its an inherent issue with it being first Gen poled (plastic oled)

jayb86

Dec 17, 2013
I see it going away slowly but surely now I'm thinking about rooting my phone what do y'all think

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
I've had both. The G2 is awesome in everyway. I had mine with the flex rom for a while. Now i have the real deal. Wont go back. Pick up the G Flex

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Both great phones. It's easier to recommend the G2 since its smaller (although a big phone itself).

But it comes down to preference and some compromise. The G2 is excellent, has great battery life, has a great display, has a great camera with OIS, is easier to handle with one hand, has more development, is cheaper.

The Flex is more stylish (in my opinion), has a better battery life, has a curved display, shoots 4k videos and has a self healing back.

On paper the G2 wins to be honest. But the G flex is great cause it is something different with its curved display, is a big phone for those who like big devices and has the best battery life of any phone. It's easier to dislike the G flex than disliking the G2 cause of the 720p and its big size. Me I prefer the G flex cause I love the curve. If this phone wasn't curvy I wouldn't even consider it.

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
Both great phones. It's easier to recommend the G2 since its smaller (although a big phone itself).

But it comes down to preference and some compromise. The G2 is excellent, has great battery life, has a great display, has a great camera with OIS, is easier to handle with one hand, has more development, is cheaper.

The Flex is more stylish (in my opinion), has a better battery life, has a curved display, shoots 4k videos and has a self healing back.

On paper the G2 wins to be honest. But the G flex is great cause it is something different with its curved display, is a big phone for those who like big devices and has the best battery life of any phone. It's easier to dislike the G flex than disliking the G2 cause of the 720p and its big size. Me I prefer the G flex cause I love the curve. If this phone wasn't curvy I wouldn't even consider it.

Its what attracted me to it. I loved my note 3 and i thought this phome would be too big. I was wrong. Feels better in the habd than the note 3

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

alhadee12

Sep 3, 2013
The Flex has turned out to be a pretty good device.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's that mean?