[SGH-I847][EXPERIMENTAL] Kernel version 3.0.48 For the Rugby Smart

Search This thread

Motorhead1991

Jul 6, 2012
Being no good with naming, I went for a generic title, but that's for another discussion. On with the business at hand!

DO NOT FLASH TO THE GALAXY W! IT WILL NOT BOOT!

After a few months, and some short discussions with arco68, I am proud to present the fruits of my labor!

Based on arco's 3.0 W and S1 kernel, I have built and stabilized this kernel for the Rugby Smart. Built into boot.imgs, I needed two files for a proper testbed, since we also have CM10 now.

CM9 3.0 kernel

and

CM10 3.0 kernel

So far, this kernel has proven to be really stable and consistent, however with all new stuff, things are bound to be broken. This only includes the camera and included peripherals and a mild echo on CM10 at this point in time. Everything else, including:
*Bluetooth
WiFi
adb
GPS
touch and display
Governing
**USB storage mode
***Rotation
Proximity
Accelerometer

(* Does not work on my ported ROM, but works otherwise)
(** Does not work on currently public builds, updated ones will be out shortly)
(*** Still broken on CM10, KemoNine96 is looking into it)

HUGE thanks to arco68! Without his source and assistance, we wouldn't be reading this thread.

Thanks to KemoNine96 for starting the kernel project, and the rest of Team Rugby for testing the kernel and identifying problems.

Last edited:

Motorhead1991

Jul 6, 2012
Due to a goof-up on my part, rotation/proximity and accelerometer may not work. This will be rectified ASAP.

UPDATE: I fixed the links. They have the proper drivers for Orientation, Acceleration and Proximity.

Last edited:

ESPFreak

Mar 9, 2011
Seems good so far. Only issue I've encountered is the camera does not open. Says unable to connect... great work though!

Sent from my SGH-I847 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Being no good with naming, I went for a generic title, but that's for another discussion. On with the business at hand!

DO NOT FLASH TO THE GALAXY W! IT WILL NOT BOOT!

After a few months, and some short discussions with arco68, I am proud to present the fruits of my labor!

Based on arco's 3.0 W and S1 kernel, I have built and stabilized this kernel for the Rugby Smart. Built into boot.imgs, I needed two files for a proper testbed, since we also have CM10 now.

CM9 3.0 kernel

and

CM10 3.0 kernel

So far, this kernel has proven to be really stable and consistent, however with all new stuff, things are bound to be broken. This only includes the camera and included peripherals and a mild echo on CM10 at this point in time. Everything else, including:
    *Bluetooth
    WiFi
    adb
    GPS
    touch and display
    Governing
    **USB storage mode
    ***Rotation
    Proximity
    Accelerometer

(* Does not work on my ported ROM, but works otherwise)
    (** Does not work on currently public builds, updated ones will be out shortly)
    (*** Still broken on CM10, KemoNine96 is looking into it)

HUGE thanks to arco68! Without his source and assistance, we wouldn't be reading this thread.

Thanks to KemoNine96 for starting the kernel project, and the rest of Team Rugby for testing the kernel and identifying problems.