[Q] What's the point of rooting 4.3?

Search This thread

tmettler5

Aug 27, 2010
I have a Galaxy S3 I rooted a long time ago, and whenever I tried to flash ROMs to it I kept getting the triangle--Triangle Away did nothing to help this. Anyway, I finally did some digging around with Odin and got it back from the triangle screen and forgot about it. Well, lately, I have missed my ROM flashing days from when I had an HTC Incredible, and decided to re-root, which worked great.

Then I flashed CWM using Root Tools in the Play Store. When I booted into recovery, it went to the triangle screen. Damn. THEN I decided to browse the XDA forums, and it would appear that if your phone took the 4.3 update, you're hosed and you can't do really anything. So now I am trying to get my phone back to working status.

Anyway, if you can't flash CM11 or other ROMs, what is the point of rooting the 4.3?

Thanks for your kind responses...

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
I have a Galaxy S3 I rooted a long time ago, and whenever I tried to flash ROMs to it I kept getting the triangle--Triangle Away did nothing to help this. Anyway, I finally did some digging around with Odin and got it back from the triangle screen and forgot about it. Well, lately, I have missed my ROM flashing days from when I had an HTC Incredible, and decided to re-root, which worked great.

Then I flashed CWM using Root Tools in the Play Store. When I booted into recovery, it went to the triangle screen. Damn. THEN I decided to browse the XDA forums, and it would appear that if your phone took the 4.3 update, you're hosed and you can't do really anything. So now I am trying to get my phone back to working status.

Anyway, if you can't flash CM11 or other ROMs, what is the point of rooting the 4.3?

Root access does a lot of things:

Reasons to root 4.3:
Debloating
Running rooted apps
Xposed framework with modules
Custom theming
Tethering
Custom TouchWiz roms
App back ups
Nandroids
Performance scripts
Audio mods

I could go on much longer.

Not having aosp isn't the worst thing in the world, especially when you still have good stock development on a device.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tmettler5

tmettler5

Aug 27, 2010

Reasons to root 4.3:
Debloating
Running rooted apps
Custom theming
Tethering
Custom TouchWiz roms
App back ups
Nandroids
Performance scripts
Audio mods

Not having aosp isn't the worst thing in the world, especially when you still have good stock development on a device.

Well, this has me a little spooked, I guess. The Incredible was so easy, even the Rezound was easy. It seems like VZW REALLY does not want us messing with their toys.

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
Well, this has me a little spooked, I guess. The Incredible was so easy, even the Rezound was easy. It seems like VZW REALLY does not want us messing with their toys.

It's really not all that difficult.

Basically, No unlocking bootloader, No flashing custom recoveries (except safestrap) , No flashing custom kernels, but everything you need is located here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639337

Reactions: tmettler5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Reasons to root 4.3:
    Debloating
    Running rooted apps
    Custom theming
    Tethering
    Custom TouchWiz roms
    App back ups
    Nandroids
    Performance scripts
    Audio mods

It's really not all that difficult.

Basically, No unlocking bootloader, No flashing custom recoveries (except safestrap) , No flashing custom kernels, but everything you need is located here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2639337

I'll add a big one for me: ad blocking. After spending so long on a rooted device with ad-blocking, you really get spoiled.