[Q] Is this a T-mobile Note 3 or not?

Search This thread

Thetakman

Jan 27, 2012
I really can't find the answer here or anywhere. (i've been searching all morning)
I've been reading allot about it but know is me question.
Is my note 3 Branded or not and can i just install stock 4.4.2 and then flash X-note or any other custom firmware?

Device Information:
Model
SM-N9005

Baseband:
N9005XXUENA2

Kernel:
3.4.0-348029
Sat Jan 11 09:45:52 KST 2014

Buildnumber:
KOTH49H.N9005XXUENA7

Now according do this it is just a normal Note 3. I have another carrier in it with LTE working and everything is working.
BUT When i boot the phone there is a t-mobile boot animation. (thats all i can find of t-mobile in and on the phone)

I know T-mobile does this with all there phones and my last Note 2 had this to and i could just Root and Flash all i wanted like it was a normal version. Now can i also do that with this Note 3. And how can i know the difference between a T-mobile Note 3 and a International One.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I really can't find the answer here or anywhere. (i've been searching all morning)
Is my note 3 Branded or not and can i just install stock 4.4.2 and then flash X-note or any other custom firmware?

Device Information:
Model
SM-N9005

Baseband:
N9005XXUENA2

Kernel:
3.4.0-348029

Buildnumber:
KOTH49H.N9005XXUENA7

Now according do this it is just a normal Note 3. I have another carrier in it with LTE working and everything is working.
BUT When i boot the phone there is a t-mobile boot animation. (thats all i can find of t-mobile in and on the phone)

I know T-mobile does this with all there phones and my last Note 2 had this to and i could just Root and Flash all i wanted like it was a normal version. Now can i also do that with this Note 3. And how can i know the difference between a T-mobile Note 3 and a International One.

Its probably only the T-Mobile bootanimation which is added. Should be fine to root it and flash custom roms on it if you want. Search in the T-Mobile thread for more info http://xdaforums.com/note-3-tmobile to be sure.

Reactions: Thetakman

donvito62

Jun 10, 2013
Open PlayStore Search For An App With Name Of Phone INFO *Samsung* You Will Get All The Answers.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thetakman

Jan 27, 2012
Its probably only the T-Mobile bootanimation which is added. Should be fine to root it and flash custom roms on it if you want. Search in the T-Mobile thread for more info http://xdaforums.com/note-3-tmobile to be sure.

Thanks, i tried that but i don't know what to search for. i tried everything i could think of (english is not my native language). And nothing comes up. I already reader and searched trough it manually in the topics if i could find something but i couldn't.

Suggestions on how you specifically call this? I tried Branded, Unbranded, International note or T-mobile and all variations i could think of

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Thanks, i tried that but i don't know what to search for. i tried everything i could think of (english is not my native language). And nothing comes up. I already reader and searched trough it manually in the topics if i could find something but i couldn't.

Suggestions on how you specifically call this? I tried Branded, Unbranded, International note or T-mobile and all variations i could think of

I guess you have a SM-N900T, look in the link in my above post for how to root it and which roms//mods are available. Look in device info for the correct model number or in the Phone Info app from Play as linked above.

Thetakman

Jan 27, 2012
Wel in says sm-n9005 here is te info. so i should Just stick to this forum then instead of thee t-mobile then ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1399026886442.jpg
    1399026886442.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 51

Thetakman

Jan 27, 2012
58492499 2300

Thanks allot :D.

I was really worried cause i've been on apple for more then a year so i'm a little rusty with flashing again and there is allot of new stuff with new mobiles so just that little anxiety when first flash. After that i will probably keep flashing till there is no more :p

Thanks for the information and the confirmation :D really love this community!

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen

I was really worried cause i've been on apple for more then a year so i'm a little rusty with flashing again and there is allot of new stuff with new mobiles so just that little anxiety when first flash. After that i will probably keep flashing till there is no more :p

Type in the phone dialer *#1234# and post a screenshot please. Where do you live?

Reactions: Thetakman

Thetakman

Jan 27, 2012
The netherlands just as you, (Friesland or gelderland depends om when) why do u need te info?

Attachments

• 1399029384055.jpg
    1399029384055.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 37

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
The netherlands just as you, (Friesland or gelderland depends om when) why do u need te info?

Just to make sure bro, thought initialy you might have a US T-Mobile device ;) Dutch T-Mobile devices are not branded, you can also flash a PHN (unbranded) rom from www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2/. This will not trip the KNOX void warranty.

Thetakman

Jan 27, 2012
Type in the phone dialer *#1234# and post a screenshot please. Where do you live?

Just to make sure bro, thought initialy you might have a US T-Mobile device ;) Dutch T-Mobile devices are not branded, you can also flash a PHN (unbranded) rom from www.sammobile.com/firmwares/2/. This will not trip the KNOX void warranty.

I probably thought already so, but i didn't know what changed and didn't wanted to brick it from the start. And i really want to do custom so the KNOX warranty can kiss my ass. I never bricked a device by being careful and can change the hardware myself. And if i really need the warranty i buy a new phone. i switch every half year or so i never use that.

Thanks for the input i'm gonna have a happy time flashing :D

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I probably thought already so, but i didn't know what changed and didn't wanted to brick it from the start. And i really want to do custom so the KNOX warranty can kiss my ass. I never bricked a device by being careful and can change the hardware myself. And if i really need the warranty i buy a new phone. i switch every half year or so i never use that.

Don`t forget to backup the EFS folder and store it on the pc. Link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2447342.

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa

You can always check for the latest firmware for your phone by installing this app and open the menu --> 'Firmware Browser...'

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com

Correction: Dutch T-Mobile devices are BRANDED!!!

CSC's:
Netherlands UNbranded: PHN
Netherlands Vodafone: VDF
Netherlands T-Mobile: TNL

According to the OP's screenshot of *#1234#, he has a branded T-Mobile device (TNL)

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen

CSC's:

According to the OP's screenshot of *#1234#, he has a branded T-Mobile device (TNL)

He can always revert to the TNL rom mate if he wanted to, i get your point though but OP is gona flash custom roms anyway ;)

Reactions: vndnguyen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Device Information:
    Model
    SM-N9005

Baseband:
    N9005XXUENA2

Kernel:
    3.4.0-348029

Buildnumber:
    KOTH49H.N9005XXUENA7

CSC's:

He can always revert to the TNL rom mate if he wanted to, i get your point though but OP is gona flash custom roms anyway ;)