[APP][12-Nov-2010] CHTEditor v2.0.0.0 - Final Released

Search This thread

CHTE Team

Sep 26, 2010

Intro
Co0kie's Home Tab offers us a vast array of changes for our home tabs. A lot of the options are only available via registry edits, unless you use CHTEditor.
With this application you can modify all the settings for the mod without having to open a registry editor, as well as being able to export & import all your settings and quicklinks, in case you need to hard reset or flash a new ROM. Multiple settings files can be automatically linked in the start menu, so you can switch layouts without opening the editor. You can also add these shortcuts as quicklinks to switch layouts from the home tab itself.

This application DOES NOT make any changes to Sense. You MUST have Co0kie's Home Tab installed!!!
You can get Co0kie's Home Tab here.

A BIG thanks goes to eboelzner for the Sense Interface SDK UI controls. They've made a vast improvement to the application and he's been a great help getting the latest version looking the part.
You can find the Sense Interface SDK here.

Please read post #2 before...
  • upgrading (either the editor OR Co0kie's Home Tab)
  • changing the editor language
  • posting issues
  • posting change requests
  • cooking the editor into a ROM.

About CHTEditor v2.0.0.0
CHTEditor v2.0.0.0 final will only work with CHT 2.0.0 final.
There is no backward compatiblity with versions 1.x.x, so you can't import old CHTE settings files. But future versions will be compatile going forward, so you will be able to import you 2.0.0 settings into any 2.x.x version.

News
Update: 12-Nov-2010
CHTEditor v2.0.0.0 Final released. Changes since public beta:
-[new] options added in CHT 2.0 final
-[new] multiple language file support
-[new] HVGA specific setting adjustments
-[fixed] reversed tasks sortby
-[fixed] contact links export/import bug

Requirements and Compatibility
This application requires .Net 3.5 to be installed on your device. You can download it here.
Some people seem to be having trouble installing .Net 3.5. If you are one of them, read this post and this post for 2 different suggestions.
The application has been tested thoroughly and found to be stable for WM6.5. There is an issue when automatically restarting manila in WM6.1, but you get a friendly error message telling you about it. If you get this message then you will need to restart manila manually.

MAKE SURE that you have the same version of the mod and the editor installed - you'll be told when starting the editor if you don't.
(It only has to be the first 3 numbers eg. v1.7.1.0 will work with v1.7.1.1)

Important notes
  • If in the future you upgrade Co0kie's Home Tab to a newer version, please read post #2 below.
  • This application can be installed to either the device or your storage card.
  • Finally, a lot of time goes into this application and this thread, so I'm sorry but I won't answer any questions that are answered in these first few posts. Any major issues will either be resolved as a new release, or will be mentioned at the top of the thread somewhere.

Features list
  • Change the settings without a registry editor
  • Export and import settings and quicklinks (can also be done via command-line - see post 2)
  • Command-line support for import and export of settings (see post 2)
  • Create shortcuts to settings files for on-the-fly quick changes from the start menu or quicklinks, without running the editor
  • Remove dead quicklinks
  • Automatically restarts manila or soft resets for immediate changes
  • Multi-language support

Download

Attachments

• CHTEditor_v2.0.0.0.CAB
    993.6 KB · Views: 71,158
Last edited:

CHTE Team

Sep 26, 2010
Section 2: Important information

Upgrade information
Please read carefully BEFORE upgrading Co0kie's Home Tab

Before upgrading Co0kie's Home Tab, use the Export option in the CHTEditor menu to create an export file for your Co0kie's Home Tab settings and all your quicklinks. Then, upgrade Co0kie's Home Tab and the editor (if needed), then run the Import option in the CHTEditor menu to restore your settings. This saves you having to setup Co0kie's Home Tab again, and re-creates all your quicklinks for you. (Note - this method is only available in v1.6.0+)

Files exported from version v1.x can't be imported to v2.x.

If you are upgrading Co0kie's Home Tab, you may well need to upgrade the editor as well. If so, follow the instructions above. To install a new version of CHTEditor, just run the CAB file and allow it to uninstall any previous version. Just continue the installation as normal after that.

Once you have upgraded Co0kie's Home Tab (and the Editor, if needed), run the editor and use the import option in the menu to import all your previous home tab and associated settings (quicklinks, layout, options etc.).

Command-line import & export
Please read for command-line help

You can now import and export settings files using command-line instructions, rather than having to run the application. Imports were previously introduced with v1.7.1.1, but you can now also export as well. This is the format of the instructions...

CHTEditor.exe /IMPORT "fullpath\filename.cht"

The /IMPORT is optional, as this method already existed in v1.7.1.1, without it. I've just added it for consitency.

CHTEditor.exe /EXPORT "fullpath\filename(.cht)" (/CREATESHORTCUT)

The .cht on the filename is optional, as it is automatically added if you don't do it yourself. If the /CREATESHORTCUT instruction is used, a shortcut is created for the exported settings, in a folder in your start menu (handy for adding quicklinks to exports).

Known issues
Please read BEFORE posting issues

Any bugs reported will be added to this list for fixing in later releases.

• Export settings remembers your last folder. If this folder does not exist next time you try to export, an error will be raised.
    Temp.Fix: Clear the value in HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\CHTE.LastDialogPath to resolve this issue.
  • Importing does not always import the lockscreen layout.
    Temp.Fix: Modify the lockscreen slightly, so that it creates the registry entries, and then import your settings again.
  • The dialog windows will still show button text such as "Yes", "No", "OK" or "Cancel", despite changing the language of the application. This text is part of the Sense SDK Interface that is used to make the application look (and work) the way it does. The developer of the interface, eboelzner, is currently adding localisation to these controls, so expect this to be resolved in a future release.

ROM chef information
Info for chefs wanting to cook the editor into a ROM

From v1.7 onwards, Co0kie's Home Tab now includes a menu link to the editor application. This requires a registry value that is set when installing the editor. Obviously, if you're cooking the application into a ROM then the installer is not being run, so this value is not being set.

The following value should point to the editor application to make this link work:

HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila:CHTE.Path
for example...
CHTE.Path = \Program Files\CHTEditor\CHTEditor.exe

Last edited:

CHTE Team

Sep 26, 2010
CHTEditor Translations
Please read if you are interested in changing the language of CHTEditor or wish to translate it

Download the attached language_default.txt file and translate it - there are more detailed instructions inside.
Then rename the file to indicate which language it is: for example, language_german.txt or language_french.txt. (The part after the _ will be shown in the CHTEditor language selection menu.)
Just place the file in the CHTE install folder and it will show up in the language menu.

Upload the file here after you've translated it I'll add it to the language pack which will be attached in the first post.

Whenever there are updates to the application, the language files will need to be updated to include the new values. Anyone who does this, please post them, as described in above and they can be manually downloaded by people, as well as being uploaded to the application server by me.

Attachments

• language_default.txt
    19.8 KB · Views: 3,446
Last edited:
Reactions: HD2Owner

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Also here the congrats from me for this release. It is also a kind of magic. HTC Editor makes all the things possible. Use, test and learn how many things are possible with this release. Wow, in simple words.

MichelDiamond

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 6, 2009
please don't oversee that import and export had to be changed, so that the savings from 1.8.5 can't be applied.

And also that this app only triggers the registry keys of CHT, so please report - like used :) - new feature requests (if you have one now after the Releases) or not-Editor-related bugs in CHT thread and not here.

Have Fun
Micha

Neville.Holland

Nov 28, 2006
London-innit
Repeatable Error:

Under Applications Mail

I found that if I add an email shortcut to the mail link causes a crash.

With error message install "NETCFv35.Messages.EN.WM.cab....etc"

Will try another shortcut to see if is the cut to the process of adding.

HTH

Nev

MichelDiamond

Jul 6, 2009
Repeatable Error:

Under Applications Mail

I found that if I add an email shortcut to the mail link causes a crash.

With error message install "NETCFv35.Messages.EN.WM.cab....etc"

Will try another shortcut to see if is the cut to the process of adding.

HTH

Nev

could you make a screenshot of the whole message?

Neville.Holland

Nov 28, 2006
London-innit
Sorry tried coping message without luck. this is the best I can do at the moment

I've just added the calculator as the program to open, and it added successfully.

Tried renaming just in case "-" was the issue. "Mail" also fails.

Added shortcut for you as well.

HTH

Nev

Attachments

• pc_capture1.png
    pc_capture1.png
    37 KB · Views: 460
  • pc_capture2.png
    pc_capture2.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 289
  • pc_capture3.png
    pc_capture3.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 212
  • pc_capture4.png
    pc_capture4.png
    39 KB · Views: 182
  • E-mail.zip
    142 bytes · Views: 39

anhphe076

Sep 20, 2008
CanTho
Sorry tried coping message without luck. this is the best I can do at the moment

I've just added the calculator as the program to open, and it added successfully.

Tried renaming just in case "-" was the issue. "Mail" also fails.

Added shortcut for you as well.

HTH

Nev

Try Install NETCFv35.Messages.EN.WM.cab

Attachments

• NETCFv35.Messages.cab
    136.3 KB · Views: 175

Neville.Holland

Nov 28, 2006
London-innit
Here's more detail then....

Attachments

• pc_capture1.png
    pc_capture1.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 125
  • pc_capture2.png
    pc_capture2.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 107
  • pc_capture3.png
    pc_capture3.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 89
  • pc_capture4.png
    pc_capture4.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 64

Co0kieMonster

Nov 26, 2008
Update: 27-Sep-2010
CHTEditor v2.0.0.0 Public Beta R1 (revision 1) uploaded.
Changes:
-fixed application selection bug
-fixed free links import bug

Download it from the first post.
Please report if it works correctly now.

ducklas1

Dec 23, 2009
Tamil Nadu
I find this option "Analog clock location (0-10) in CHTEditor.
Is this for establish an Analog clock with Time view of another city from the world clock menu??? For people who want to keep an eye on two different time zones???

If yes...how can I set this???

Thank you in advance

Co0kieMonster

Nov 26, 2008
I find this option "Analog clock location (0-10) in CHTEditor.
Is this for establish an Analog clock with Time view of another city from the world clock menu??? For people who want to keep an eye on two different time zones???

If yes...how can I set this???

Thank you in advance

It's connected to the Sense world clock (the list of locations you have when you tap the clock).

The 0 setting is default time.
Setting 1 connects the analog clock to the first location below "My location" in the world clock.
Setting 2 connects it to the second location, etc.

I hope I explained that clearly.

ducklas1

Dec 23, 2009
Tamil Nadu
It's connected to the Sense world clock (the list of locations you have when you tap the clock).

The 0 setting is default time.
Setting 1 connects the analog clock to the first location below "My location" in the world clock.
Setting 2 connects it to the second location, etc.

I hope I explained that clearly.

Great...more and more we get to know all hidden features of this Mod and everything is how we expected from the new release...amazing...

waitin' for final vers. and the manual....:):cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Intro
    Co0kie's Home Tab offers us a vast array of changes for our home tabs. A lot of the options are only available via registry edits, unless you use CHTEditor.
    With this application you can modify all the settings for the mod without having to open a registry editor, as well as being able to export & import all your settings and quicklinks, in case you need to hard reset or flash a new ROM. Multiple settings files can be automatically linked in the start menu, so you can switch layouts without opening the editor. You can also add these shortcuts as quicklinks to switch layouts from the home tab itself.

This application DOES NOT make any changes to Sense. You MUST have Co0kie's Home Tab installed!!!
    You can get Co0kie's Home Tab here.

A BIG thanks goes to eboelzner for the Sense Interface SDK UI controls. They've made a vast improvement to the application and he's been a great help getting the latest version looking the part.
    You can find the Sense Interface SDK here.

Please read post #2 before...
    • upgrading (either the editor OR Co0kie's Home Tab)
    • changing the editor language
    • posting issues
    • posting change requests
    • cooking the editor into a ROM.

About CHTEditor v2.0.0.0
    CHTEditor v2.0.0.0 final will only work with CHT 2.0.0 final.
    There is no backward compatiblity with versions 1.x.x, so you can't import old CHTE settings files. But future versions will be compatile going forward, so you will be able to import you 2.0.0 settings into any 2.x.x version.

News
    Update: 12-Nov-2010
    CHTEditor v2.0.0.0 Final released. Changes since public beta:
    -[new] options added in CHT 2.0 final
    -[new] multiple language file support
    -[new] HVGA specific setting adjustments
    -[fixed] reversed tasks sortby
    -[fixed] contact links export/import bug

Requirements and Compatibility
    This application requires .Net 3.5 to be installed on your device. You can download it here.
    Some people seem to be having trouble installing .Net 3.5. If you are one of them, read this post and this post for 2 different suggestions.
    The application has been tested thoroughly and found to be stable for WM6.5. There is an issue when automatically restarting manila in WM6.1, but you get a friendly error message telling you about it. If you get this message then you will need to restart manila manually.

MAKE SURE that you have the same version of the mod and the editor installed - you'll be told when starting the editor if you don't.
    (It only has to be the first 3 numbers eg. v1.7.1.0 will work with v1.7.1.1)

Important notes
    • If in the future you upgrade Co0kie's Home Tab to a newer version, please read post #2 below.
    • This application can be installed to either the device or your storage card.
    • Finally, a lot of time goes into this application and this thread, so I'm sorry but I won't answer any questions that are answered in these first few posts. Any major issues will either be resolved as a new release, or will be mentioned at the top of the thread somewhere.

Features list
    • Change the settings without a registry editor
    • Export and import settings and quicklinks (can also be done via command-line - see post 2)
    • Command-line support for import and export of settings (see post 2)
    • Create shortcuts to settings files for on-the-fly quick changes from the start menu or quicklinks, without running the editor
    • Remove dead quicklinks
    • Automatically restarts manila or soft resets for immediate changes
    • Multi-language support

Download
    Section 2: Important information

Upgrade information
    Please read carefully BEFORE upgrading Co0kie's Home Tab

Before upgrading Co0kie's Home Tab, use the Export option in the CHTEditor menu to create an export file for your Co0kie's Home Tab settings and all your quicklinks. Then, upgrade Co0kie's Home Tab and the editor (if needed), then run the Import option in the CHTEditor menu to restore your settings. This saves you having to setup Co0kie's Home Tab again, and re-creates all your quicklinks for you. (Note - this method is only available in v1.6.0+)

Files exported from version v1.x can't be imported to v2.x.

If you are upgrading Co0kie's Home Tab, you may well need to upgrade the editor as well. If so, follow the instructions above. To install a new version of CHTEditor, just run the CAB file and allow it to uninstall any previous version. Just continue the installation as normal after that.

Once you have upgraded Co0kie's Home Tab (and the Editor, if needed), run the editor and use the import option in the menu to import all your previous home tab and associated settings (quicklinks, layout, options etc.).

Command-line import & export
    Please read for command-line help

You can now import and export settings files using command-line instructions, rather than having to run the application. Imports were previously introduced with v1.7.1.1, but you can now also export as well. This is the format of the instructions...

CHTEditor.exe /IMPORT "fullpath\filename.cht"

The /IMPORT is optional, as this method already existed in v1.7.1.1, without it. I've just added it for consitency.

CHTEditor.exe /EXPORT "fullpath\filename(.cht)" (/CREATESHORTCUT)

The .cht on the filename is optional, as it is automatically added if you don't do it yourself. If the /CREATESHORTCUT instruction is used, a shortcut is created for the exported settings, in a folder in your start menu (handy for adding quicklinks to exports).

Known issues
    Please read BEFORE posting issues

Any bugs reported will be added to this list for fixing in later releases.

• Export settings remembers your last folder. If this folder does not exist next time you try to export, an error will be raised.
      Temp.Fix: Clear the value in HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\CHTE.LastDialogPath to resolve this issue.
    • Importing does not always import the lockscreen layout.
      Temp.Fix: Modify the lockscreen slightly, so that it creates the registry entries, and then import your settings again.
    • The dialog windows will still show button text such as "Yes", "No", "OK" or "Cancel", despite changing the language of the application. This text is part of the Sense SDK Interface that is used to make the application look (and work) the way it does. The developer of the interface, eboelzner, is currently adding localisation to these controls, so expect this to be resolved in a future release.

ROM chef information
    Info for chefs wanting to cook the editor into a ROM

From v1.7 onwards, Co0kie's Home Tab now includes a menu link to the editor application. This requires a registry value that is set when installing the editor. Obviously, if you're cooking the application into a ROM then the installer is not being run, so this value is not being set.

The following value should point to the editor application to make this link work:

HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila:CHTE.Path
    for example...
    CHTE.Path = \Program Files\CHTEditor\CHTEditor.exe
    There is no Portuguese translation yet? :( I have to try it mayself...
    Ok, i`m done. I think it`s ok. For Portuguese people here in the forum there is the file:
    CHTEditor Translations
    Please read if you are interested in changing the language of CHTEditor or wish to translate it

Download the attached language_default.txt file and translate it - there are more detailed instructions inside.
    Then rename the file to indicate which language it is: for example, language_german.txt or language_french.txt. (The part after the _ will be shown in the CHTEditor language selection menu.)
    Just place the file in the CHTE install folder and it will show up in the language menu.

Upload the file here after you've translated it I'll add it to the language pack which will be attached in the first post.

Whenever there are updates to the application, the language files will need to be updated to include the new values. Anyone who does this, please post them, as described in above and they can be manually downloaded by people, as well as being uploaded to the application server by me.
    Am not sure if this is some sort of a bug or just me. Kindly check though too.

I have my exported settings (.CHT) file, and some of my setting there has a background setup for all tabs in portrait and landscape.

CHT.Wall.AllPortrait=\My Documents\My Wallpapers\wall480x640.png
    CHT.Wall.AllLandscape=\My Documents\My Wallpapers\wall640x480.png

I reflashed my phone and imported the .cht file again using command line in my .lnk file
    \Program Files\CHTEditor\CHTEditor.exe /IMPORT "\Windows\DefaultCHTLayout.cht"

I cook my own ROM by the way and using Final Customization for my ROM.

but I don't see the wallpapers are being set and checking in the registry keys
    CHT.Wall.AllPortrait and CHT.Wall.AllLandscape, they are empty.

another unexpected result I noticed is if I use the command line, the "Circle" setting in "Page and levels" was disabled even if in my .cht file was set to CHT.WLevels.Circle=1

is this a bug? any advice other than doing this manually by importing from CHTEditor it self?

I probably won't be getting to this project, since I was forced into Windows Phone 7. (I do actually like Windows Phone 7, now that I am using it.)

But, I decided to look at the code.

ImportSettings does a for loop over masterlist

foreach (CHTSetting iSetting inCHTSetting.masterList)

However, when imported from the command line, masterList is empty.

In the method BuildUI, certain things are constructed. And the constructor adds it to masterList

newCHTSettingSilent("CHT.Wall.HomePortrait", "");
    newCHTSettingSilent("CHT.Wall.HomeLandscape", "");

But, BuildUI is not called when run from the command line. (And it shouldn't since we don't want a UI when loading from the command line.)

BuildUI is called in the default constuctor for CHTEditor_MainWindow

But that is never called, since the command line import calls a constructor that takes 1 string as an input parameter.

elseif (args[0].ToUpper() == "/IMPORT")
    {
    Application.Run(newCHTEditor_MainWindow(args[1]));
    }
    elseif (args.Length == 1)
    {
    Application.Run(newCHTEditor_MainWindow(args[0]));
    }

public CHTEditor_MainWindow(string ImportFilename)
    {
    LoadSettings();
    language = newCHTEditor_Language();
    if (!CheckVersion()) Close();
    if (!ImportSettings(ImportFilename))

It probably would would only take a slight modification of the import constructor to populate the master list first.

As far as a sanity test though, after just reading through the code, you aren't doing anything wrong. It is a bug.

Unfortunately I am a little too busy to work on this. I do have an AT&T Fuze that I could test with if I have some time to work on it.