Spectec SDG-810 SD SDIO GPS with MicroSD slot

Search This thread

dsdsds

May 12, 2006
It's a dream: an SDIO GPS with integrated slot where you can put a(n up to) 2GB MicroSD memory card.

http://www.spectec.com.tw/sdg810.htm

It's a dream because I read that it has drivers for Windows Mobile 2003 but I didn't find drivers for Windows Mobile 2005 to make it work on my HTC Universal.

I invite you to write to them that WE WANT drivers for Windows Mobile 2005!
Here is their email address: spectec@spectec.com.tw.

vapor

Aug 4, 2005
Philadelphia
It sure looks great but unfortunately the SD slot for our Universal is located at the bottom.

Also, this device requires the slot to be SDIO capable but I doubt our Universal's slot is. I hope I am wrong though :p

dsdsds

May 12, 2006
News: Spected released drivers for WM2005!

> It sure looks great but unfortunately the SD slot for our
> Universal is located at the bottom.

True... :(

> Also, this device requires the slot to be SDIO capable but I
> doubt our Universal's slot is. I hope I am wrong though :p

I hope it too :)

garryael

Apr 16, 2006
sdg 810

it does not function on jarjar or qtek 9000
somebody has you it in driver for the jarjar

themonkbythesea

Mar 25, 2006
San Francisco, CA
ummm?

didnt think it did either. mobileplanet even specifically states it does not work with HTC PDA's. but wondered/assumed from picture in the link it was operational and not just visual. well, so much for that. probably was a bad idea anyhow. probably should go with BT GPS, but I hate idea of having so many things to charge....BT mono headphones, BT stereo headphones, BT gps, BT keyboard, and the PPC....be nice to have "BT charging technology"....wouldnt that be something.

themonkbythesea

Mar 25, 2006
San Francisco, CA
navicon?

dunno if you guys already read about (navicon), just found out about it on couple posts from early last year. i gonna look into this as gps solution. anyhow, just wanted to share.

JayRayMee.NL

Dec 17, 2005
www.rcblog.nl
Tested this product, but it doesn't work on every PDA with SDIO slot and WM5.0 I tried it with.

Installed the driver, but both the GPS and the card slot refuse to do anything.
The MicroSD (tried several) won't show in the file system, as it prompts for formatting after inserting in the iPAQ hx4700. When I press OK, nothing happens and the card won't show up in the Explorer as well.

The GPS shows up in the GPS list in TomTom Navigator 5 and 6, but when I select it, the program keeps looking for a fix, without success, even after 1 hour.

I tried lots and lots of SDIO devices, but none of them seem to work. It might be a faulty sample I received from Spectec, but until that isn't sure, I say: damn what a 'pain product'.

Jakko47

Sep 18, 2007
It may be al late respond, but it works on my hx4700 as a GPS, installed with WM 6.1, only the card reader doesn't. Fast fix and with clear sky 10 satelites. It even receives indoor if you are close enough through a window.

Tomtom 6 has difficulties, but miomap 3.2, IGO 2008 work just fine.

You have to install GPS tweak first, to find the com port. It's com 6, bautrate 38400.

gadfly

Nov 20, 2007
Swaped the SDIO for the Bluetooth model

Spectec was surprizingly helpful when I contacted them about the lack of compatibility with models the GSP SDIO was supposed to be compatible with. They gave me the Bluetooth version which worked with my ipaq 1910 and am now testing with my HTC universal. Theorectically it would work with any BT PDA even without a SD slot.... that is if you could figure out someway to power the thing.

Sep 25, 2007
Torino
And now???

So, I've got here my NEW Qtek 9000 ready to swich from WM5 to WM6.1 ROM.

Is there anybody can say Spectec SDG-10 is finally WORKING now? (seeing satellites and reading maps on the enbedded microSD)

md

Jun 14, 2003
Spectec-sdg 813

I have a SPECTEC SDG-813 which I have tried with my Wizard (Cingular 8125) and a laptop. I have found that it does not work well with either device. It aquires satellites runs for about 30 seconds then locks up. Which than requires a reboot and repairing with BT.
So it has been very frustrating and SPECTEC support has been very poor. Their inital response to my request for help advised me how to set the device up under BT. I had to resend the message and point out to them that the device is setup and aquiring satellites and then locking up.
I have been waiting to see if there will be any further advice.