[ROM] Lolfisch v1.0 for the Jiayu G3N

Search This thread

Chrissyboy101

Sep 12, 2011
Exeter
Welcome to my thread for the Jiayu G3N, the new release of the G3 with the s501 chip.
I have ported GThrill ROM v3.0 to the G3N.
GThrill is based on Cyanogenmod 10. It is Jelly bean 4.1.2. There is currently no theme support, but I'll look into that in future builds.

Details of the GThrill ROM can be found here; http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2163707
This ROM should have all the features of the official ROM, (and more!) the only changes are behind-the-scenes.

Features
- based on "CM10"
- Jellybean 4.1.2
- system/framework zipaligned
- init.d support
- zipalign on the fly (script by Wes Garner)
- slim and light: removed unwanted apps
- host file (to block known ad servers/hosts)
- some build.prop tweaks from different sources
- contains some lines from V6 supercharger script (by zeppelinrox, particularly kernel tweaks)
- Jellybean Keyboard (SWIPE feature)
- Google Chrome browser (bundled stock browser FCs)
- Language: English, French, Chinese, German,

Confirmed working;
Bluetooth
Wifi
GPS

Yet to be tested;
FM Radio

Known bugs;
Front camera is dark and seems to take dark pictures. Setting the mode to night and then back again fixed this. Bizzarely, the front camera seems to be taking 3MP images although it only has a 2MP sensor. I am looking into this. It looks like the camera software has been ported from an Amoi N820, which has a 3MP front facing camera.
With regards to overclocking and undervolting, I have not heard of any kernels for any MT6577 devices that have offered this. And I'm sure better men than me have tried!
If there is another G3 ROM that you'd like to see ported, or improvements you'd like to see made on this ROM, leave comments below :)
If your language is not supported, install morelocale from the Play store. You can use it to select any language you wish!
Disclaimer: As with things XDA, you do all these things entirely at your own risk, I am not responsible EVEN IF Kim Jong Un flashes this, it breaks his G3N and in a fit of rage, he declares nuclear war on everyone.

Install instructions:
First, get root and install clockworkmod following the guide here; http://www.modaco.com/topic/359590-...very-ics-spell-check-fixed-jelly-bean-update/
Then place the zip file on your SD cart, boot into recovery and install!
Flashable zip, install via the recovery of your choice. Confirmed working on CWM. This is a full ROM, not a patch.
Remember to backup your files and previous ROM!
You shouldn't need to do a full wipe if going from a 4.1.2 ROM to this, but I recommend that you do. (I didn't :p)
If going from a 4.04 ROM to this, you MUST do a factory reset in CWM, otherwise it won't boot.
Please don't mirror my files!

Enjoy :D

EDIT 14/04/2013 Lolfisch v1.1 released!
Changelog;
-Numerous build.prop tweaks to improve browsing speeds, performance and to remove USB debugging icon (USB debugging can still be enabled in settings)
-Fixed LED wakelock issue. Deep sleep mode now works, improving battery life. (Thanks to evirus for his help)
-Fixed Clock app by replacing it with 4.2 clock. If you're still getting forced close's when trying to set an alarm, clear the app's data.
-Fixed Handcent SMS incompatibility
-Updated 4.2 keyboard using a Nexus 4 ROM. Runs smoother now.
-Updated Calendar app to the one from the play store. Now the app will update automatically as it is linked to the play store

Install instructions:
Flashable zip, install via the recovery of your choice. Confirmed working on CWM & TWRP recoveries. This is a full ROM, not a patch.
You shouldn't need to do a full wipe if going from a 4.1.2 ROM to this, but I recommend that you do. (I didn't :p)
If going from a 4.04 ROM to this, you MUST do a factory reset in CWM, otherwise it won't boot.
Download link for 1.1:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s...F97MsaZoHs4I0lKCiZZ-G16MvF4wLe-oNCS-R0eA&dl=1
NB:This ROM is for the Jiayu G3N. A G3 update may follow.

Last edited:

Chrissyboy101

Sep 12, 2011
Exeter
first impressions: great rom! smooth and everything works, except for the clock which FCs when trying to set the alarm. Same as was reported with Gthrill..

Sent from my JY-G3N using Tapatalk 2

Glad to hear good feedback on the whole. I plan to replace the clock with the 4.2.2 clock at some point (I have university exams in just over a week but will do it straight after that :)

clock is not a biggie..you can always download Alarm Clock+, 100% better than stock..camera seems better than stock..must be placebo, but still..

EDIT: flashed this through TWRP..kinda sad to think that this one's too good, I don't think a rom could get smoother..oh yeah, Theme Support please! :)

Last edited:

Chrissyboy101

Sep 12, 2011
Exeter
clock is not a biggie..you can always download Alarm Clock+, 100% better than stock..camera seems better than stock..must be placebo, but still..

EDIT: flashed this through TWRP..kinda sad to think that this one's too good, I don't think a rom could get smoother..oh yeah, Theme Support please! :)

Haha, you've just made my day :D
I'll look into that in a few weeks, Uni exams have to come first I'm afraid!

Antutu v3.2.2 on this ROM: 5,500
Stock 4.0.4 G3N: 5,300

Lolfisch significantly smoother despite the 200 point difference..

Interesting, I got a score of 5659 on Antutu. Probably SD card write speeds, I guess.
I'm going to try and improve performance further by making sure V6 supercharger is implemented properly and porting thunderzap kernel if a jelly bean version is released.
The mt6577 has been reported as being overclockable to speeds of 1.4ghz. That would be an amazing performance boost! But we need source code for that, so it is quite unlikely.

It's possible to include Spanish translation to this ROM?

Thanks

If your language is not supported, install morelocale from the Play store. You can use it to select any language you wish!

Last edited:
what's thunderzap?

as for the scores, I got a class 4 microsd..

and for the kernel sources, we do have one for ICS..not quite why mediatek/jiayu haven't released them yet..

thanks for the rom, and Goodluck on the exams!

EDIT: Thudeezap is a custom kernel which allows OC and other tweaks, but ICS only..I wonder: OC ICS vs stock kernel JB, performance-wise, which is better?

Last edited:

molinano

Aug 26, 2011
Haha, you've just made my day :D
I'll look into that in a few weeks, Uni exams have to come first I'm afraid!

Interesting, I got a score of 5659 on Antutu. Probably SD card write speeds, I guess.
I'm going to try and improve performance further by making sure V6 supercharger is implemented properly and porting thunderzap kernel if a jelly bean version is released.
The mt6577 has been reported as being overclockable to speeds of 1.4ghz. That would be an amazing performance boost! But we need source code for that, so it is quite unlikely.

Thanks for the help.

Morelocale2 was great for translating, but now I face antoher little problem. When I isntalled Foursquare receive this message "This device isn't compatible with Play services". What does it mean? Did I something wrong? All oher apps (Twitter, Dropbox, Instagram) seem to work properly...

Chrissyboy101

Sep 12, 2011
Exeter
what's thunderzap?

as for the scores, I got a class 4 microsd..

and for the kernel sources, we do have one for ICS..not quite why mediatek/jiayu haven't released them yet..

thanks for the rom, and Goodluck on the exams!

EDIT: Thudeezap is a custom kernel which allows OC and other tweaks, but ICS only..I wonder: OC ICS vs stock kernel JB, performance-wise, which is better?

Yeah, thunderzap is the thing you sent me, silly :p
I would definitely recommend Jelly Bean over ICS, even with overclock. The UI is nicer, you get Google Now, plus with project butter, you get better performance/battery drain. I'm loving this ROM's speed, plays HD videos with no lag :D. If you want it to run faster, you can chance the CPU governor to performance to ensure the phone is always running at max frequency. If you do, I'd recommend a tasker setup to change this when you turn the screen off. I'm currently running ondemand with screen on and powersave with screen off.
Thanks for the help.

Morelocale2 was great for translating, but now I face antoher little problem. When I isntalled Foursquare receive this message "This device isn't compatible with Play services". What does it mean? Did I something wrong? All oher apps (Twitter, Dropbox, Instagram) seem to work properly...

Not sure, will look into it!

Chrissyboy101

Sep 12, 2011
Exeter
GOOD NEWS

Wakelock bug was reported to me yesterday. I thought it was fixed in Gthrill but apparently not. However, thanks to evirus, I've been able to fix the issue for our ROM. See the first post for a .zip file that patches the issue on both G3&G3N versions of Gthrill

If you want it to run faster, you can chance the CPU governor to performance to ensure the phone is always running at max frequency. If you do, I'd recommend a tasker setup to change this when you turn the screen off. I'm currently running ondemand with screen on and powersave with screen off.

Not sure, will look into it!

Tasker is a great idea..but I noticed that I can't set CPU 1, so all I get is 1 core running at Performance governor

Chrissyboy101

Sep 12, 2011
Exeter
Tasker is a great idea..but I noticed that I can't set CPU 1, so all I get is 1 core running at Performance governor

I'm not sure how kernels work but I'm pretty sure that the governor is not core specific. That's why you cant set core 1. However, I'm not sure if taker is having any effect on the CPU at all ATM!

I'm not sure how kernels work but I'm pretty sure that the governor is not core specific. That's why you cant set core 1. However, I'm not sure if taker is having any effect on the CPU at all ATM!

tasker somehow works..I checked using CPU spy, frequency and governor are applied, but only one core works via SystemPanel app..so I still use tasker for "screen off" event, so I can have single core locked down at 250mhz when screen is off..

Adarkar

Oct 3, 2012
Bari

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Wakelock bug was reported to me yesterday. I thought it was fixed in Gthrill but apparently not. However, thanks to evirus, I've been able to fix the issue for our ROM. See the first post for a .zip file that patches the issue on both G3&G3N versions of Gthrill

nice job! Thanks!

I'll try your rom next week. :good:

One strange thing (G3N, stock rom ics 4.0):
if I press/hold the VOL- button (+ the power button) I boot into "factory mode"
then, I can go up and down highlihting a few choices BUT can't select any, because only vol buttons seem to work
(no button seem to act as "enter" to activate the "selected" choice.

Any idea?
Thanks again! :cool:

How is battery life with your rom?
Are HD videos smoother in Jelly Bean?

Last edited:

r0mari0__

May 29, 2010
Cant wait for the g3 version. Hope you finish your exams verry soon;)

Sent from my JY-G3 using XDA Premium HD app

nrpetonr

Aug 26, 2010
ROM works just fine so far with exception of music apps. none of them sees my music files. anyone with same experience, possibly solution for this?

nrpetonr

Aug 26, 2010
ROM works just fine so far with exception of music apps. none of them sees my music files. anyone with same experience, possibly solution for this?

tried many ideas to solve it, but at the end i had to format sd card and start from beginning. it works now.

Sent from my JY-G3 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to my thread for the Jiayu G3N, the new release of the G3 with the s501 chip.
    I have ported GThrill ROM v3.0 to the G3N.
    GThrill is based on Cyanogenmod 10. It is Jelly bean 4.1.2. There is currently no theme support, but I'll look into that in future builds.

Details of the GThrill ROM can be found here; http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2163707
    This ROM should have all the features of the official ROM, (and more!) the only changes are behind-the-scenes.

Features
    - based on "CM10"
    - Jellybean 4.1.2
    - system/framework zipaligned
    - init.d support
    - zipalign on the fly (script by Wes Garner)
    - slim and light: removed unwanted apps
    - host file (to block known ad servers/hosts)
    - some build.prop tweaks from different sources
    - contains some lines from V6 supercharger script (by zeppelinrox, particularly kernel tweaks)
    - Jellybean Keyboard (SWIPE feature)
    - Google Chrome browser (bundled stock browser FCs)
    - Language: English, French, Chinese, German,

Confirmed working;
    Bluetooth
    Wifi
    GPS

Yet to be tested;
    FM Radio

Known bugs;
    Front camera is dark and seems to take dark pictures. Setting the mode to night and then back again fixed this. Bizzarely, the front camera seems to be taking 3MP images although it only has a 2MP sensor. I am looking into this. It looks like the camera software has been ported from an Amoi N820, which has a 3MP front facing camera.
    With regards to overclocking and undervolting, I have not heard of any kernels for any MT6577 devices that have offered this. And I'm sure better men than me have tried!
    If there is another G3 ROM that you'd like to see ported, or improvements you'd like to see made on this ROM, leave comments below :)
    Disclaimer: As with things XDA, you do all these things entirely at your own risk, I am not responsible EVEN IF Kim Jong Un flashes this, it breaks his G3N and in a fit of rage, he declares nuclear war on everyone.

Install instructions:
    First, get root and install clockworkmod following the guide here; http://www.modaco.com/topic/359590-...very-ics-spell-check-fixed-jelly-bean-update/
    Then place the zip file on your SD cart, boot into recovery and install!
    Flashable zip, install via the recovery of your choice. Confirmed working on CWM. This is a full ROM, not a patch.

Enjoy :D

EDIT 14/04/2013 Lolfisch v1.1 released!
    Changelog;
    -Numerous build.prop tweaks to improve browsing speeds, performance and to remove USB debugging icon (USB debugging can still be enabled in settings)
    -Fixed LED wakelock issue. Deep sleep mode now works, improving battery life. (Thanks to evirus for his help)
    -Fixed Clock app by replacing it with 4.2 clock. If you're still getting forced close's when trying to set an alarm, clear the app's data.
    -Fixed Handcent SMS incompatibility
    -Updated 4.2 keyboard using a Nexus 4 ROM. Runs smoother now.
    -Updated Calendar app to the one from the play store. Now the app will update automatically as it is linked to the play store

Install instructions:
    Flashable zip, install via the recovery of your choice. Confirmed working on CWM & TWRP recoveries. This is a full ROM, not a patch.
    Download link for 1.1:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s...F97MsaZoHs4I0lKCiZZ-G16MvF4wLe-oNCS-R0eA&dl=1
    NB:This ROM is for the Jiayu G3N. A G3 update may follow.
    GOOD NEWS

Reserved for future development
    There is an MT6577 custom kernel but different phone..let me look that up for you..

Sent from my G3 using Tapatalk 2
    no clue, even if it is, its different processor and i doubt it will work

Sent from my JY-G3 using Tapatalk 2

Correct, it wont.