[Q] GSF ID Key

Search This thread

Hobson318

Mar 12, 2013
Upstate NY
So I have the issue where after installing a new rom, i am missing the google service framework or gsf id key. with this missing i am unable to connect to the play store. so i would like to know if anyone knows where that key is stored so that i might manually add it in from my previous working rom install. not sure why it does not get generated after going through the install. only time it works is if i odin back to a stock rom, go through and reroot and unlock it and then flash a new rom. shouldn't have to odin stock to get this to work. i have tried literally everything. so if anyone knows where that key is stored after it is generated that would be helpful. thanks.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
So I have the issue where after installing a new rom, i am missing the google service framework or gsf id key. with this missing i am unable to connect to the play store. so i would like to know if anyone knows where that key is stored so that i might manually add it in from my previous working rom install. not sure why it does not get generated after going through the install. only time it works is if i odin back to a stock rom, go through and reroot and unlock it and then flash a new rom. shouldn't have to odin stock to get this to work. i have tried literally everything. so if anyone knows where that key is stored after it is generated that would be helpful. thanks.

Take a look at this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1860405

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
that posting only shows how to get the gsf id key out if your phone generated one. mine did not and i need to know where it is stored so i can add it in. if that is possible.

The key is randomly generate and you can't edit this key. you need to either factory reset or reflash rom for a new key.

Hobson318

Mar 12, 2013
Upstate NY
The key is randomly generate and you can't edit this key. you need to either factory reset or reflash rom for a new key.

unfortunately that gets me no where. tried reflashing and factory resets can't tell you how many times. the only time it starts working again is when i odin back to stock, reroot and unlock and then flash the custom rom.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
unfortunately that gets me no where. tried reflashing and factory resets can't tell you how many times. the only time it starts working again is when i odin back to stock, reroot and unlock and then flash the custom rom.

Well that's good cause you got your ID back!!:laugh:

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
it's not good because i shouldn't have to odin back to stock everytime before i install a new rom. everyone else just wipes data, cach and dalvik and call it a day

Ah, now I see said the blind man, so you lose the ID every time you flash the ID. How about try the old Gapp, if I remembered correctly it will ask if you would like to replace the old ID with the new one and you have the option to pick the new one or keep the old one.

Hobson318

Mar 12, 2013
Upstate NY
Ah, now I see said the blind man, so you lose the ID every time you flash the ID. How about try the old Gapp, if I remembered correctly it will ask if you would like to replace the old ID with the new one and you have the option to pick the new one or keep the old one.

yes. i odin to stock, reroot, unlock, custom recovery. make sure play store works. then i reboot recovery and flash new rom. now if i want to change roms again, i should be able to just wipe data, cach and dalvik and flash the new rom and everything should work. but after going through setup and putting in my account stuff. which goes exactly as it should, i cannot use the play store because my phone has no gsf id key. so the only way i have to found to fix is go back to staock and start over.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
yes. i odin to stock, reroot, unlock, custom recovery. make sure play store works. then i reboot recovery and flash new rom. now if i want to change roms again, i should be able to just wipe data, cach and dalvik and flash the new rom and everything should work. but after going through setup and putting in my account stuff. which goes exactly as it should, i cannot use the play store because my phone has no gsf id key. so the only way i have to found to fix is go back to staock and start over.

Understood, like I said, after flash your custom rom, try flash the old PA Gapp. I believe the issue is in the Gapp package. Give it a shot you have nothing to lose!

GalaxyA325G

May 11, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
I realize this is an old thread but I found it in a search and it doesn't mention what I found out which is my unrooted phone easily changed the GSF ID without flashing anything.

I put the steps here so that we could then move to the next step in learning how to change the GSFID at will.

Attachments

• gsfid01.jpg
    gsfid01.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so the only full pa gapps package that would install was 4.3 from 11-2-13. the others are for 4.4 roms only. and the one for 4.3 didn't change anything.

Try one more, go into settings -App -> Google Services Framework and clear cache and data then force stop, see that give u a new key?