Bootloop, no matter what ROM

Search This thread

travisw495

Jul 13, 2014
I decided recently, with the release of towelroot, to root my Transformer. I was having performance problems since the Jellybean update, but the optimizations I installed improved it. There was still some lag though, so I tried to flash a Cyanogenmod 11 nightly. There were no errors from CWM, but the tablet stalked at the bout animation. I tried an OmniROM homemade, same story. I flashed the newest OmniROM nightly, the GApps package listed on the OmniROM thread on here, and the US_epad-user-10.6.1.27.5 kernel, no soap. I can get Windows to detect the tablet when CWM is in sideload mode, but fastboot never connects, so I can't flash another recovery.

Sent from my Droid Ultra

zlazaar

Jun 6, 2014
What version of CWM you are using ?
Maybe you should update it via a flashable zip (no need to pc)
And a good advise, always wipe cache & dalvik cache after flashing rom and before reboot.

travisw495

Jul 13, 2014
I'm using 6.0.4.7. I've been using a jump drive plugged into the dock to load ROMs, so I haven't connected directly to the computer for a while. I've wiped cache and dalvik before flashing nearly every time, and after several times.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zlazaar

Jun 6, 2014
Ok if you still have the OmniROM image, try to flash it exactly as follow :
1- Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik cache
2- install OmniRom
3- install gapps
4- install kernel
5- wipe again cache and dalvik cache before reboot
6- reboot

Download links for latest gapps and kernel are in my signature (Geass is the best kernel IMO)

travisw495

Jul 13, 2014
Whenever I try to format /data, it says Error mounting /data! Would this be part of the trouble, perhaps?

travisw495

Jul 13, 2014
It's all flashed, but it looks like it hung up during the boot sequence again. I'll let it sit a while longer, and see what happens.

travisw495

Jul 13, 2014
OK, it did absolutely nothing. I haven't worked on it for a while, because between work and the rest of life, I haven't really needed it. It is the same state, though.