[Q] Help Rooting with 4.4.2 - nothing works!

Search This thread

geo316

Jul 11, 2011
I've researched or tried Towelroot, Kingo and several other methods found in this forum and others. Everything seems to be for previous (before 4.4.2) Android releases and therefore does not work with my phone.

Is there anything that currently works to root a stock OTA 4.4.2?

Help!

Thanks!

Geo

@SidDev

Aug 26, 2013
Kolkata
I've researched or tried Towelroot, Kingo and several other methods found in this forum and others. Everything seems to be for previous (before 4.4.2) Android releases and therefore does not work with my phone.

Is there anything that currently works to root a stock OTA 4.4.2?

Help!

Thanks!

Geo

is your boot loader unlocked??
and best way to root is install custom recovery via adb
and flash superSU.zip

pressed thanks if I helped you.
if you need further help contact me.

geo316

Jul 11, 2011
is your boot loader unlocked??
and best way to root is install custom recovery via adb
and flash superSU.zip

pressed thanks if I helped you.
if you need further help contact me.

Everything is bone stock - bootloader is locked... custom recovery requires that it be unlocked correct?

geo316

Jul 11, 2011
FYI

If you are using a sprint l900 then bootloader iS NOT LOCKED. Use a windows pc and cf's auto root and you will be rooted.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There is MUCH Joy.

For others who may need this info: I spent about an hour reading through the XDA forum for CF-Auto-Root.

I then spent about 10 minutes finding and installing Samsung USB Drivers

I then followed the CF Auto Root instructions. It worked. less than a minute later I was rooted.

I then spent 1/2 hour searching for, downloading, installing and configuring the APK for SuperSu 2.1 (manually since CF Auto Root installed version 1.something, which seemed to keep crashing).

For added joy I installed from Google Play WiFi Tether Router (paid app) and 10 minutes later had working Hot Spot.

Thanks for pointing me to the right place - and for the tip about my bootloader.

:)

Reactions: typhoonk

@SidDev

Aug 26, 2013
Kolkata
There is MUCH Joy.

For others who may need this info: I spent about an hour reading through the XDA forum for CF-Auto-Root.

I then followed the CF Auto Root instructions. It worked. less than a minute later I was rooted.

I then spent 1/2 hour searching for, downloading, installing and configuring the APK for SuperSu 2.1 (manually since CF Auto Root installed version 1.something, which seemed to keep crashing).

For added joy I installed from Google Play WiFi Tether Router (paid app) and 10 minutes later had working Hot Spot.

Thanks for pointing me to the right place - and for the tip about my bootloader.

you should have pressed thanks for both of us instead.

me and @jlmancuso

Reactions: typhoonk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everything is bone stock - bootloader is locked... custom recovery requires that it be unlocked correct?

If you are using a sprint l900 then bootloader iS NOT LOCKED. Use a windows pc and cf's auto root and you will be rooted.

FYI

There is MUCH Joy.

There is MUCH Joy.

you should have pressed thanks for both of us instead.

me and @jlmancuso