SGH-T999 T-mobile Getting Firmware Update Via KIES

Search This thread

ahmadroid

Jan 6, 2010
Kansas city
As of right now T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 known as SGH-T999UVLEM is upgrading to a newer Version which is SGH-T999UVLH2
I don't think the over the air (OTA) mode is working right now because I did many tries and it keep saying device up to date so if you want to try it us KIES. if you version of KIES is not up to date you will have to update it first then you will be able to upgrade the phone.
it will take about 10 to 15 minutes of your time and it will depend on your connection.
everything like root will be gone after the update. :victory:

ok after you update, you will be able to go back and use the same method you use to to root the older version and install a different boot.
mine is working fine I don't find any problem yet.

Attachments

• shot_000002.jpg
    shot_000002.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,994
  • shot_000006.jpg
    shot_000006.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,913
  • shot_000007.jpg
    shot_000007.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,774
  • shot_000009.jpg
    shot_000009.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,845
  • update.png
    update.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,775
Last edited:

ebatr8

Mar 28, 2010
So I guess posting in one wrong section wasn't enough right? Stop trolling and keep this where it belongs in the general section.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

setzer715

Jan 29, 2009
North Phoenix
Available for download form here, no Kies necessary.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

this is not any good for us that are rooted and running a customer recovery.

Just reflash the custom recovery in Odin and flash the root file. Unless you mean not good for those that are running custom ROMs then that's a different story.

Cobra281

Mar 9, 2009
do the developers here give the okay to update to this, for those of us who are fully stock and not rooted? will we be able to get root easily still(with the same methods), even after this update?

Reactions: MorePAIN

MorePAIN

Jul 15, 2010
Good question. I second that.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
I hear you, no one is reporting anything about the update and I'm wondering if it's even worth doing. I wouldn't mind updating but sometimes you don't get the results and blind updates makes me wonder anyways.

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Just going from memory so may leave something out. Its been mentioned but its scattered due to so many threads about the update.
New kernel, new radio (some report grand improvements), camera updated and has new features, reportedly better stability and battery, brightness slider added to notification window.,....ugh, damn now I'm blanking out on this! I know there's more, just escaping me at the moment. Ill post more when I think of it.

Reactions: KidJoe and Orical

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
Edit: sorry I got it updated but I'm still trying to get root now and using the tool kit is out dated and I can't seem to find info for it, anyone have a way to root after latest update.

Edit 2, all set. I even foubd a few things I havent seen posted yet. We'll see if it pans out but im good.

Last edited:

NinoAl

Aug 23, 2010
all share cast has been enabled with this new update...samsung keyboard had been updated...brightness adjustment on the notification bar...web browser has been refreshed as well...

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
all share cast has been enabled with this new update...samsung keyboard had been updated...brightness adjustment on the notification bar...web browser has been refreshed as well...

Settings got a big update with custom vibrations (hepatic), new ringtones and as you stated sound options and display controls in and out of settings.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just going from memory so may leave something out. Its been mentioned but its scattered due to so many threads about the update.
    New kernel, new radio (some report grand improvements), camera updated and has new features, reportedly better stability and battery, brightness slider added to notification window.,....ugh, damn now I'm blanking out on this! I know there's more, just escaping me at the moment. Ill post more when I think of it.

changlog

Anyone know what this update is for?
    do the developers here give the okay to update to this, for those of us who are fully stock and not rooted? will we be able to get root easily still(with the same methods), even after this update?

Root methods will not change with this update.
    :good:
    yes the same method you use to root and install the custom recovery will work with no problem. I am update and back to root
    :good: