[Q] Fixing hard bricked phone and re-rooting.

Search This thread

thatoneguy009

Jun 12, 2014
Alright I'll just start from the beginning since this is just a long chain of ****ery

1. Rooted my GS3
  2. Installed TWRP
  3. Installed Carbon-JB-NIGHTLY-20130824-0816-D2VZW which is a 4.3 JB rom.
  4. Attempted to install Revolutionary S5 V3 and KK gapps package at the same time.
  5. Hard bricked my phone.
  6. Used this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2581166&highlight=system+software+not+authorized to get my phone to get to Odin.
  7. When attempting to boot phone outside of Odin it just stated that it was running not supported software (unlocked padlock that says custom)
  8. Went onto Samsung and downloaded a Stock 4.3 rom and flashed that with Odin.
  9. Started phone up and was unable to use terminal emulator (no root) to continue with fixes in above thread.
  10. Attempted to root using saferoot, unsuccessfully (updated kernel can't do it).
  11. Attempted to root using CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300, unsuccessfully.
  12. Attempted to root using Kingo, unsuccessfully.
  13. I do have Samsung Knox :crying:

So now that you're all up to speed to where I'm at, long story short, I need root access on this phone. It has no power button so I lock the screen with a root gesture control app. The back and menu buttons are non functioning so I use a custom UI that adds a back and menu button to the screen. Can ANYONE give me a way to get root back on this frankenstein of a phone? I've never changed a kernel before and I supposed that'd be my next step since I can't saferoot with the kernel I currently have and any thread that explains how I would go about doing it at my current state of ****ery :eek:

All help appreciated!