gorilla glass 3.... very bad glass?

your nexus are...

• without screen protector and wothout scratches.

Votes: 144 44.3%
  • without screen protector and have some scratches

Votes: 52 16.0%
  • I've a screen protector

Votes: 129 39.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

GR0S

Jun 10, 2012
Buy vertu for 250000$ if want invulnerable screen glass (it's diamond in fact)

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
Buy vertu for 250000$ if want invulnerable screen glass (it's diamond in fact)

Most people are complaining about micro scratches to the oleo coating. Even if a phone has a diamond screen it would most likely have an oleo coating and that will still scratch.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MisterEff

Dec 14, 2009
Seriously? How could you scratch this thing? Sure, I don't put it in the same pocket as my keys but that's because the n5 is a big honking phone! My pockets aren't big enough to hold both.

I treat my Nexus the same way I've treated my last four phones and my old Palm PDA -I put them in my pocket. I throw them on the bed at night, toss them on the front seat of my car, whatever. My favorite method of cleaning the screen? I wipe it off on my jeans. Vigorously. It hasn't scratched, and neither did any other device I've owned that had Gorilla Glass, regardless of the version.

I treat mine the same way you do. I was actually wiping the screen on my jeans as I read your post. I also do not have any scratches on the screen.

tmoney239sucka

Aug 30, 2010
Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector Is The Best! (A Few Other One Are Great Too) I Will Never Have A Phone Without A Tempered Glass Protector and a Case. Even If You're Super Careful One Small Bump Can Screw A Screen Up And It Will Eventually Happen. TP Glass Is A Great Way To Have A HD Clear And Protected Screen. It's Just Like The Glass On Your Phone, Feels Like Nothing's Even Their.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

mmmmBACON

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector Is The Best! (A Few Other One Are Great Too) I Will Never Have A Phone Without A Tempered Glass Protector and a Case. Even If You're Super Careful One Small Bump Can Screw A Screen Up And It Will Eventually Happen. TP Glass Is A Great Way To Have A HD Clear And Protected Screen. It's Just Like The Glass On Your Phone, Feels Like Nothing's Even Their.

That's not how capitalization works! :eek:

elementaldragon

Feb 21, 2011
Lmao Almost Every Time I Write Something Online People Say Something About My CAPS. That's Just How I Write. Been Doing It Since I Was A Kid And I'll Just Say Old Habits Die Very Very Hard Lol.

.... is that how you write as well? I can't imagine it being very convenient..... nor very good with typing speed when you're using the shift key for the first letter of every freakin word. I just tried doing it for a couple words in a row, and not only was the grammar nazi in me wanting to bust out of my head, but It just felt impossible to do anywhere near quickly.

As for the whole "one small bump can screw a screen up and it will eventually happen" bit..... i'm at about year 5 or 6 on various smartphones without a scratch, knick, or crack (not including 2 years on my Motorola Q9 Global that also was defect free). I like those odds.

Reactions: LiquidSolstice

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
.... is that how you write as well? I can't imagine it being very convenient..... nor very good with typing speed when you're using the shift key for the first letter of every freakin word. I just tried doing it for a couple words in a row, and not only was the grammar nazi in me wanting to bust out of my head, but It just felt impossible to do anywhere near quickly.

As for the whole "one small bump can screw a screen up and it will eventually happen" bit..... i'm at about year 5 or 6 on various smartphones without a scratch, knick, or crack (not including 2 years on my Motorola Q9 Global that also was defect free). I like those odds.

Seriously, along with making one sound incredibly stupid, it's a colossal waste of time.

Reactions: FuMMoD

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Lmao Almost Every Time I Write Something Online People Say Something About My CAPS. That's Just How I Write. Been Doing It Since I Was A Kid And I'll Just Say Old Habits Die Very Very Hard Lol.

Must look really nice on resumes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ynrozturk
D

Darth

One scratch is usually all it take to lose all interest in using my phone for picky users like me it's cheaper buying a ten dollar screen film than a new glass

Both these made me chuckle. LOL

Capitalize every word? What a colossal waste of time and plain wrong. It makes you look ridiculous. Someone had to tell you. :)

Lose interest in my phone cause of a scratch? LOL

Just....wow. ;)

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....

Last edited:
D

Darth

I can't see past the scratches it's like meeting someone with an hairy nose mole ...

merces mihi ex Nexus 5 cum app XDA

Yeah...when I win the lottery I will toss phones in the trash at the slightest sign of use and get a new one too. ;)

Sent from my N5 cell phone telephone....

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
I can't see past the scratches it's like meeting someone with an hairy nose mole ...

Just let me know when you decide to trash yours. I've got a few people here who can give it a forever home.?

Ltdrev

Aug 28, 2013
YUL/YYZ
I never said I'd trash it especially when whole front screen replacement with all small parts is around 40$ shipping in. I repair rather than trashing things it's more productive when my devices are too worn out I buy new screens and back covers bezels etc replace them and then put em on craiglist...

Last edited:

CH3ck0r

Nov 1, 2010
well after about 4 month of usage without screen protection, there are some scratches, but you really have to look for it (while holding against a source of light)

francescobabbaro

Nov 20, 2012
Salerno
I've been using this fantastic smartphone for 3 months, I haven't a screen protector, but my screen is perfect. My friend's one is scratched.

Sorry for my bad English.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda-developers app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    or take care of ur phone
    I've had plenty of phones with Gorilla Glass and ALL of them got scratched if used without a screen protector... people need to understand that Gorilla Glass is only scratch-resistant, not scratch-proof. If you don't want scratches, use a screen protector, no matter what.
    No idea. Pocket, desk, sofa. Hardly dropped. Scratched. Hardly noticeable but scratched none-the-less. No keys, no coins. It was just their one day.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Huh, that's weird.

And to anyone out there thinking about buying a Nexus 5 reading this forum, don't let all this talk of scratched screens deter you. You (probably) don't know me, but believe me when i say that if there is anyone in this world that would have a scratched screen it would be me. When it comes to breaking electronics I am incredibly gifted. So, for my phone to not have a scratch on it is a truly remarkable thing.
    No scratches here, and I have never used a screen protector

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
    no protector here and no scratches either