There you go, the leaked signed Chinese GB Rom

Search This thread

Liori

Dec 20, 2010
Hong Kong
Disclaimer: I won't be responsible for any damage done to your phone due to flashing this rom.

I have just returned home after a day of tiring work. Grabbed this stuff from the Chinese forum and uploaded it to mediafire (It took quite a while as I am using ADSL) .Phone is charging and I'll try to flash right after it's fully charged. Screenshots are all around that forum though so I guess it would be safe to give it a shot. Enjoy, guys!

Note:
1. It is said to have quite a number of bugs.
2. Can't access recovery mode. Edit: it is possible but the key combination changed. You press "vol up+vol down" INSTEAD OF "@" after getting the yellow exclamation sign.
3. Old drill, no Google stuffs pre-installed.
4. Downgradeable to Froyo.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7bwfc0qvqs428k3

Edit:
I flashed and it boots.
1. Multitouch bug gone and the screen is way more responsive.
2. Yeah 2.3 old TV lock screen animation.
3. New window transition animation.
4. Attempted to root with SuperOneClick 1.7... failed.
5. Seems getting no luck with Gingrebreak neither...
6. I'm going back to uk 2.2.2 since without Google Services I can't live LOL... good luck guys ;)
7. Successfully go back to froyo (damn i miss the red moto logo). Have fun with GB guys ;)

Attachments

• DSCF4886.jpg
    DSCF4886.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 444
  • DSCF4887.jpg
    DSCF4887.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 352
  • DSCF4888.jpg
    DSCF4888.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 331
  • DSCF4889.jpg
    DSCF4889.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

WongJames

Dec 7, 2010
Multitouch bug gone and the screen becomes way more responsive

good to hear this:)

just some questions,
do I need to wipe data before/after flashing the sbf? or everything works fine without a wipe? since you mentioned this ROM cannot be rooted (maybe yet xd), so it would be unable to use titanium backup to restore my apps

and could this be downgradable to 2.2.2 if i flashed the old sbf again? =]

thanks =D

Liori

Dec 20, 2010
Hong Kong
good to hear this:)

just some questions,
do I need to wipe data before/after flashing the sbf? or everything works fine without a wipe? since you mentioned this ROM cannot be rooted (maybe yet xd), so it would be unable to use titanium backup to restore my apps

and could this be downgradable to 2.2.2 if i flashed the old sbf again? =]

thanks =D

well i came from uk 2.2.2 rooted without wipe, and it works without major problems. right now i'm trying to root with gingerbreak, if i still got no luck then i think i would go back 2.2.2 (painful decision as this leaked GB is so great) since without google service i cant get my contacts, schedules back.

pieuchni

May 10, 2011
Anybody could write a "how-to upgrade to 2.3" ?
Does this chinese GB leak supports accents in messages ?

w0ndersp00n

May 10, 2010
Is it non-downgradeable? That kinda uhm... sucks... as I already started the flashing. Let's just wish for the best.

Liori

Dec 20, 2010
Hong Kong
DON'T FLASH IT YET!
You may get stuck in a non-rootable/non-downgradable rom
I will wait for the fixed SBF + nandroid backup.

Sent from my Milestone 2 XDA App

I am going to downgrade to UK 2.2.2 and it is said to be feasible according to gfan forum users. But before that I am going to take some nice pics for you guys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: I won't be responsible for any damage done to your phone due to flashing this rom.

I have just returned home after a day of tiring work. Grabbed this stuff from the Chinese forum and uploaded it to mediafire (It took quite a while as I am using ADSL) .Phone is charging and I'll try to flash right after it's fully charged. Screenshots are all around that forum though so I guess it would be safe to give it a shot. Enjoy, guys!

Note:
    1. It is said to have quite a number of bugs.
    2. Can't access recovery mode. Edit: it is possible but the key combination changed. You press "vol up+vol down" INSTEAD OF "@" after getting the yellow exclamation sign.
    3. Old drill, no Google stuffs pre-installed.
    4. Downgradeable to Froyo.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7bwfc0qvqs428k3

Edit:
    I flashed and it boots.
    1. Multitouch bug gone and the screen is way more responsive.
    2. Yeah 2.3 old TV lock screen animation.
    3. New window transition animation.
    4. Attempted to root with SuperOneClick 1.7... failed.
    5. Seems getting no luck with Gingrebreak neither...
    6. I'm going back to uk 2.2.2 since without Google Services I can't live LOL... good luck guys ;)
    7. Successfully go back to froyo (damn i miss the red moto logo). Have fun with GB guys ;)
    Multitouch bug gone and the screen becomes way more responsive
    With the signed devtree.smg and boot.smg, is it possible to create a bootable CM7?

I think so! First I will try to boot pure GB ROM rooted from start :)
    Wish me luck.

Edit: Fixed SBF is done. Booting linux VM to extract CG39.
    Guys, how about making a great tutorial with links to all the necessary files, description of steps to make the GB flash?

Subscribed :)

Sent from my MotoA953 using XDA App
    English and Chinese.