[Q] Root Alcatel OT 985 / 985D

Search This thread

alca4me

Feb 20, 2013
Bitola
ROOTING Alcatel 985 SUCCESS Step by step tutorial

need to up this thread mmm... anybody know to to root this alcatel 985n

Ok.. Hi everybody..

I'm a bit new at this so bare with me....

To root the 985 you basically need this:
- Installed Drivers VERY IMPORTANT!

- Installed ADB shell (To open ADB command prompt go into the install folder of adb -> sdk -> platform tools -> hold SHIFT and right click -> select open command prompt window here) - this was the command line for me - for you it might be different!

- Create ROM backup following these instructions:
- Open ADB command prompt (described above) and enter adb shell cat /proc/mtd
- If all goes well copy the results into notepad and save the file as firmware.info
- After that open MTK 65xx ROM Studio
- Go File -> Load Firmware.info -> select the file you generated earlier
- Notice that the window is now filled with data from your file -> click Create ROM
- Now save that file somewhere easily accessible it's your SCATTER file needed a bit later.

- Open SP Flash Tool (Make sure MT 65x3 USB VCOM drivers are installed )
- Go Options -> USB Mode
- Then press SCATTER-LOADING to the right and select your SCATTER file generated earlier (ignore messages)
- Go into the read-back tab
- Select every checkbox (to make FULL Backup,) or just what you need (Bootimg.img) select where to save Backup!
- When the windows appear make sure that READ PAGE ONLY is selected!
- Press READ BACK (by this point your phone hasn't been connected at all to the PC)
- Now turn off your phone, pull out the battery,hold VOLUME UP, plug the phone in and THEN quickly put the battery back in!!!
- If all goes well you should see one red bar and one or several blue ones (depending on what you selected to backup)
- This can take a while, BOOM Green circle
- BACKUP IS DONE!

- Now on to the rooting stuff:

- In SP Flash Tool (I am expecting that you closed it and opened it again)
- Check to see if USB Mode is enabled (see above)
- Load the SCATTER file again
- Then when you see the files and checkboxes in the window under click on BOOTIMG and SELECT the one
that is attached to this post (!!!!NOTE This is the same BOOTIMG from the serbian video on youtube WE ONLY NEED THE BOOTIMG FROM THIS GUY NOTHING ELSE ESPECIALLY NOT THE SCATTER!!!!)
- Ignore the following messages
- Make sure that your phone is not plugged in, turned off and battery removed
- Press Download, wait 15 sec, plug the phone in THEN insert battery
- Wait for it.. (Nice one)
- A yellow bar will go across and BOOM Green circle

AT THIS POINT YOU HAVE FLASHED YOUR BOOTIMG IF YOU HAVE DONE THIS RIGHT THERE WOULD BE NO PROBLEMS, IF IT'S DONE WRONG YOUR PHONE MIGHT NOT RECOGNIZE THE SIM CARD (IF THIS HAPPENS DO THE LAST STEP AGAIN BUT WITH THE BOOTIMG FROM THE BACKUP)

- Unplug phone, remove battery, insert battery -> BOOT

If it boots, OK, if not flash back with backup (see above written in BIG letters

- Download SuperOneClick and open it
- Plug in your phone TURNED ON!
- Click Root. Reboot. DONE
If anything else pops up you have a problem with the drivers make sure that the drivers are correctly installed (stupid Windows rrrr...)

Now you have rooted you ALCATEL OT-985n/d and can do all kinds of crazy stuff... :cyclops:

DISCLAIMER:
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE, YOU, OR ANY OTHER MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY.
WON'T BE HELD AT CHARGE IF YOUR PHONE BLOWS UP, FALLS DOWN AND ERRADICATES HALF OF THE HUMAN RACE AS A RESULT OF MOLECULAR MUTATION CAUSED BY THE GAMA RADIATION BLA BLA YOU GET MY DRIFT..

THIS POST IS A RESULT FROM VARIOUS POSTS (and screwing up my phone multiple times) PUT TOGETHER IN THE METHOD THAT WORKED FOR ME!

CREDITS:
WOULD LIKE TO THANK
giuaig - this is all yours buddy :good
and every other member that banged their head at this for days.. screwed up their phone at least twice and had the nerve to cope!

Bye everybody

Attachments

• bootimg.img
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,419

AlcaWel

Apr 8, 2013
Need help in restoring Android and custpack

Hi everybody!

I need some help to restore my 985. I succeeded rooting the phone with this great guide but I messed up with /custpack trying to remove some factory apps (facebook, operator apps...) with the result of having an unusable device stuck in the boot process and rebooting before the system is up in an infinite cycle.

I tried to restore my custpack backup made before rooting with no results. After some whole nights spent asleep to find factory ROM or updates
which seems can't be found on the net, I took the fool decision to format the whole ROM trying to make One Touch Updater S search the firmware and restore the phone but it didn't, leaving me with a message like "You already got the latest version for your phone" (kidding?).

I managed to restore some partition backups with SP Flash Tool. Now the phone can turn on, show the battery-charging logo, the android logo and the recovery system. But it won't boot in normal mode: it gets stuck at the Android logo with no further steps. ADB can discover and recognise the stuck device, but won't let me reach a shell ("/system/bin/sh not found" or something similar). SPFT seems to let me download the Android and custpack images but at the end it fires an error about DRAM.

Is there any Alcatel One Touch 985 user that can send me Android and custpack images to restore my phone? :)

Fazool

Jan 9, 2011
Hallo guys. Thanks for opening this thread.
My OT985 is stuffed with bloatware from an Italian Carrier, that makes it impossible to download updates and new apps (I can't even download G+).

Do you think that flashing an original stock rom will fix my issue? Does anybody out there have a non-branded backup rom I could possibly use?

Thank you for any help and replies.

D

Deleted member 5232707

Hi everybody!

I need some help to restore my 985. I succeeded rooting the phone with this great guide but I messed up with /custpack trying to remove some factory apps (facebook, operator apps...) with the result of having an unusable device stuck in the boot process and rebooting before the system is up in an infinite cycle.

I tried to restore my custpack backup made before rooting with no results. After some whole nights spent asleep to find factory ROM or updates
which seems can't be found on the net, I took the fool decision to format the whole ROM trying to make One Touch Updater S search the firmware and restore the phone but it didn't, leaving me with a message like "You already got the latest version for your phone" (kidding?).

I managed to restore some partition backups with SP Flash Tool. Now the phone can turn on, show the battery-charging logo, the android logo and the recovery system. But it won't boot in normal mode: it gets stuck at the Android logo with no further steps. ADB can discover and recognise the stuck device, but won't let me reach a shell ("/system/bin/sh not found" or something similar). SPFT seems to let me download the Android and custpack images but at the end it fires an error about DRAM.

Is there any Alcatel One Touch 985 user that can send me Android and custpack images to restore my phone? :)
I think I have a backup but I'm new and can't post links... I'll be back! :cool:

GermanPeter

Aug 10, 2013
help me for mt65x3 driver

hi all,

i need help for installing the mt65x3 driver.
My ot 985d has USB\Vid_1bbb&Pid_00f2&Rev_0255&MI_01
USB\Vid_1bbb&Pid_00f2&MI_01

this device is by Mt65x3 Driver Installation not suported.

Sorry for my bad english, im for german

Thanks for our help ! ! !

argi2233

Oct 28, 2013
Hi to all . Is there any user of 985d who can back up and send me the original boot.img of the device?

Lakiubeogradu

May 27, 2014
Beograd
www.bck.rs
Hi all,

first I was runing into numerous problems with this guide, so I switched to this one and I managed to do a lot more: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=38337401&postcount=5
But with that other guide, I couldn't go further than step 8, because error "PMT changed for the ROM, it must be downloaded." would pop-up.

The same would happen if I followed the steps after "Now onto the rooting stuff" - the error "PMT changed for the ROM, it must be downloaded." pops-up instead of a "green circle".

Can anyone help resolve this?