Nexus 4 charging very slow

Search This thread

isaac99

Mar 20, 2013
Hi so my nexus 4 is charging very slowy, I've this phone for 1 year and I don't know what's happening...Also that might explain (why but)...... if its because of my charger or what. But I need help like I'm just wondering why this is happening? Thanks. Also I don't know if this is happening because of the 4.4 update or something lol?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Hi so my nexus 4 is charging very slowy, I've this phone for 1 year and I don't know what's happening...Also that might explain (why but)...... if its because of my charger or what. But I need help like I'm just wondering why this is happening? Thanks. Also I don't know if this is happening because of the 4.4 update or something lol?

Apparently something is wrong if you see it charging slowly becoming ever since day one, I've felt that it charges really slow! :(

The only way to test your theory is to downgrade and see what happens. (as far as the upgrade is concerned)

If you have another charger, obviously that would help as well to see if the n4 charger is shot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

ajkahn

Apr 15, 2014
I have recently started seeing this problem as well. I even tired a different kernel thinking maybe that would solve it, but to no avail.

I will try with a different charger and see if that would help.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

sss_ddk

Nov 23, 2012
Paris

When you go to the battery history (from quick settings for example), does it show (constantly or alternating) USB charging when lugged to wall socket? When i had this, i changed my USB charging cable (the charger is ok but the cable died quickly)

DrFredPhD

Oct 30, 2010
Charging slow is usually due to the charger, try another one that is at least 1A output (original charger is 1.2). Nokia ac-10x is perfect and pretty cheap.

Other causes can be bad charging port or sometimes even a battery drain caused by software.

Last edited:

meZQureshi

Jan 10, 2012
Whenever you plug in the charger make sure that your Phone shows "Charging (AC)" in your battery setting. If it says "Charging (USB)" then unplug and replug it again. Keep doing until it shows "Charging (AC)"...... On USB charging it charges at 500mA which is half the charging speed of AC charging. I had this issue and I am doing the same to charge it quickly. It doesn't take more than 2h 15mins to charge.