[Q] Unable to write to "/system" on rooted LC4

Search This thread

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
Yup, if ur using the original UCLA4 leak u need an unsecured kernel, mohan_kr or romracer unsecured

ganja_guru

May 3, 2011
What are you using to write to /system ? Root explorer ? Make sure you mount partition as R/W.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

promiseofcake

Dec 8, 2011
San Francisco
Was unable to get it to work no matter what I did until I flashed the Alien Base and am going from there. Decided to stop wasting time and just use that as a starting block.

galaxyuser88

Dec 22, 2010
On These Forums.
Here try this.. It has worked for me many times. Now i dont have any problems with losing root. It seems that when you wipe data/cache/dalvik and install a custom rom, or if you try to flash a custom rom without doing any wipe and get FC or any issues and you boot into CWM and do a wipe of any kind, this inculdes using any type of wiping program.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24740309&postcount=35

I know many people will say that this is not the problem, but i have tried numerous things to keep root with no luck until i did this and it works. This problem keeps popping it ugly head up every now and then (when i try to install a custom rom and have to do a wipe of anykind, but i just do what is in the above post and problem gone. What developers should do is when posting a custom rom, tell the people what version/type of root they used, and what version of busybox they are using, so that everyone can be on the same page and setting as the developers. Just my 2 cents. ( Flame On - if you want to build your post count or have nothing better to do.)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am unable to write to my system partition on LC4. I flashed the superuser zip. Am I missing something?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk