[Q] Droid DNA Cases - What are you using?

Search This thread

tstorm004

Nov 2, 2013
Hey guys,

Been using my DNA for the past year without a case and finally cracked the screen. Needless to say, after I repair it I'll be getting a case.

My issue is, most of the cases I see for the DNA are either downright ugly, or add a lot of bulk to the phone. I love how slim it is without a case, but obviously, with my clumsy hands should get one for protection purposes.

So, what cases are you guys using?

mdphoenix

Dec 15, 2006
Bel Air, MD
I currently have a generic wannabe case. It's got a plastic snap on cover, then a rubber casing around that. It's similar to what I'm getting. I had a Seidio case for my Thunderbolt, and was pleased to find they make the same thing for the DNA. They call it "Dilex" now. But you can get it on Ebay for 10 bucks less than Amazon as the "Active" case. It has a two-piece plastic cover, then a rubber cover, then an exoskeleton. AND it has a kickstand. I loved my Tbolt kickstand. I had my Tbolt for 3 years and it stayed in outstanding condition using the Seidio. I'm definitely a repeat customer.

Here's Seidio's page about the case:
http://www.seidioonline.com/seidio-htc-droid-dna-dilex-s/8532.htm

On Amazon, the price varies from like 28 bucks to 35 depending on color.

http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-CSK3HTDDAK-GR-DILEX-Metal-Kickstand/dp/B00B1N08MA

Here it is on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seidio-Acti...t=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item485093fbbf

If you find a difference between the "Dilex", and "Active", feel free to educate me. I haven't found a difference yet. I just figured Active was the old name.

Hey guys,

Been using my DNA for the past year without a case and finally cracked the screen. Needless to say, after I repair it I'll be getting a case.

My issue is, most of the cases I see for the DNA are either downright ugly, or add a lot of bulk to the phone. I love how slim it is without a case, but obviously, with my clumsy hands should get one for protection purposes.

So, what cases are you guys using?

Ravok

Feb 2, 2008
I currently have a generic wannabe case. It's got a plastic snap on cover, then a rubber casing around that. It's similar to what I'm getting. I had a Seidio case for my Thunderbolt, and was pleased to find they make the same thing for the DNA. They call it "Dilex" now. But you can get it on Ebay for 10 bucks less than Amazon as the "Active" case. It has a two-piece plastic cover, then a rubber cover, then an exoskeleton. AND it has a kickstand. I loved my Tbolt kickstand. I had my Tbolt for 3 years and it stayed in outstanding condition using the Seidio. I'm definitely a repeat customer.

Here's Seidio's page about the case:
http://www.seidioonline.com/seidio-htc-droid-dna-dilex-s/8532.htm

On Amazon, the price varies from like 28 bucks to 35 depending on color.

http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-CSK3HTDDAK-GR-DILEX-Metal-Kickstand/dp/B00B1N08MA

Here it is on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seidio-Acti...t=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item485093fbbf

If you find a difference between the "Dilex", and "Active", feel free to educate me. I haven't found a difference yet. I just figured Active was the old name.
I have a red Seidio Active (silver kickstand) that I've had since the 3rd day after I got my DNA and it's great. My only complaint is it does feel a little thick and I only use the kickstand as a novelty. It can't reach the wireless charger when propped up and I don't need to charge it other than overnight when I'm sleeping. I had a UAG on my Galaxy S3 and I desperately wish they had a version for the DNA as it offered the same protection but wasn't quite as bulky. The Seidio is top quality though.

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Otterbox commuter series, I've been using them for 4 years now and no broken phones or no cracked anythings

Hard thin shell on the outside with a nice durable silicon/rubber on the inside (better IMO that the defender series cases) cost is around 35-40$ however if it breaks (which is extremely unlikely) just take a pic of the broken case and they send you a new one no charge AFAIK
Never needed to get a replacement as these are solid quality cases can't go wrong with otterbox

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
I have been using the diztronic case for over a year and it doesn't add a lot of bulk its basically a tpu case but has a matte finish. I like it and I tried the otter box defender case but it was so bulky I went back. I think its one of the better cases if you want something without bulk but I would think the screen would crack if the phone took a direct hit on the screen. Though I haven't had any cracks with it after a year and I drop my phone every now and then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

orangechoochoo

Nov 30, 2012
Beating up dumbbells
This is not much help, but hopefully you can go another year "naked". I have no case on my phone and love it. My wife has an S4 with a case (I forget the brand, but it has the rubber and then the hard plastic over it), and I think her phone is bulky.

Coming from a Droid 2, 3, and 4, most anything smaller that a 2x4 is small but the DNA has spoiled me.

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
I use the seido surface. Its raised a little bit above the screen which makes me a little less worried if I drop it, although it's still not as protected as it would be with something like an otterbox. It doesn't add any bulk to the phone, and doesn't ruin the shape of the phone so it looks almost the same as it does with the case off. I would just use the phone naked but it just feels like it's going to slip right out of my hand when I do that.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

toolsoldier

Jan 2, 2010
I'm using the Seidio Surface too, I love the case, slim, doesn't add bulk, I have drop it a few times and screen still intact, plus the case has a polycarbonate feel, feel great on hand.

Supashawn

Nov 29, 2013
Tampa
I use a otterbox defender and it is kind of bulky; but I am a metal roof salesman and use my phone extensively for work; pictures, pitch guage, ect... If my phone gets dropped on, or off, a roof it's chances of breaking are very high. I like the belt clip as well.

IndyRoadie

Aug 1, 2010
FYI, you might find better/more info in the Accessories Forum..

Personally I am using the BodyGlove Dropsuit. It is inexpensive, thin, and seems to protect pretty well. I have dropped my DNA a few times, even once right on the corner on hard tile, and I don't have a scratch..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2321473

Supashawn

Nov 29, 2013
Tampa
max protection

I use a otterbox defender and it is kind of bulky; but I am a metal roof salesman and use my phone extensively for work; pictures, pitch guage, ect... If my phone gets dropped on, or off, a roof it's chances of breaking are very high. I like the belt clip as well. My last phone fell two stories to concrete and because of the otterbox defender it suffered no damage. If your job is not so dangerous I recommend the commuter series by otterbox. It is much slimmer and provides protection very well.

findinghomer

Aug 13, 2013
I use the imak snap on hard plastic case, open top and bottom.. A phone this sleek and sexy shouldn't be hidden under a huge monster truck tire , otterbox-type case.... Eww

takota6

Oct 10, 2010
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I had the worst for about 8hrs
Skinomi TechSkin

I didn't read the fine print, all it was is a 15$slippery sticker.. I think I'm gonna get the seido a few are mentioning.. just got a warranty replacement, the ear piece was blown, I figure it's someone here's old one :)
Æaa\../

whskytango

Feb 24, 2014
Bay City
I was using seidio surface, now rocking a diztronic and love it

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

marsxtc

Jun 8, 2013
I use a Otterbox commuter, but now I switched to nothing since I really hate the feel of the bulkiness

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Otterbox commuter series, I've been using them for 4 years now and no broken phones or no cracked anythings

Hard thin shell on the outside with a nice durable silicon/rubber on the inside (better IMO that the defender series cases) cost is around 35-40$ however if it breaks (which is extremely unlikely) just take a pic of the broken case and they send you a new one no charge AFAIK
    Never needed to get a replacement as these are solid quality cases can't go wrong with otterbox

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app
    I've used seidio surface, and a low cost s-line case. I now use the body glove DropSuit. :good: