I think i have a BRICKED G1 (UNKOWN ISSUE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MeatyCoins

Aug 7, 2007
i was trying to root down to rc29 and everytime i do i get an error, when it says BOOT it fails. thus leading to the whole update to fail. everytime i turn on my g1 it goes straight to bootloader

any help ? i already reformated my memory card and download a RC29 again and still no luck !

if i return this to tmobile thru warrenty exchange, will it count as out of warrenty ?

Last edited:

Chididdy123

Aug 29, 2009
i was trying to root down to rc29 and everytime i do i get an error, when it says BOOT it fails. thus leading to the whole update to fail. everytime i turn on my g1 it goes straight to bootloader

any help ? i already reformated my memory card and download a RC29 again and still no luck !

if i return this to tmobile thru warrenty exchange, will it count as out of warrenty ?

Did you put the DREAIMG.NBH file onto your SD card?
Make sure you extracted everything if you downloaded it by zip file. Once you do that, you'll find the .NBH file in there.

Also wrong section

O

OG

Well, if you go to Bootloader, I'm sure you don't have a Brick. Brick means it stays at the G1 Screen and doesn't do anything else.

MeatyCoins

Aug 7, 2007
yeah i did, i always downgrade no problem, this was a exchange so i had to re root and now its giving me this message

MeatyCoins

Aug 7, 2007
Well, if you go to Bootloader, I'm sure you don't have a Brick. Brick means it stays at the G1 Screen and doesn't do anything else.

ironic its your name lol

but yeah thats what i thought..but everytime i try and get this error what else can i do ! RC29 is like the safe house, if thats broken then what lol

O

OG

Well, I thought I was bricked before too but naah. The nice people here made fun of me for a day, and then started helping me. Try Flashing a different RC?

MeatyCoins

Aug 7, 2007
Well, I thought I was bricked before too but naah. The nice people here made fun of me for a day, and then started helping me. Try Flashing a different RC?

hmm like the rc8? europe version? what other rc's are out there?

i redownload rc29 and reformatted just to be sure and i still had the error, is this the first time a problem like this occured? i looked around and no one has the same problem

O

OG

RC33. Google it man, it's Android for Nas-sake! Yeahh haha, did you see the irony in that? Nas, your location is Queens, New York. Hahahahahahahha lmaooo. I am hilarious.

MeatyCoins

Aug 7, 2007
ahaha yeah, i live 5 bus stops away from queens bridge actually. im in astoria. and i cant get into recovery, when my phone turns on it goes straight to bootloader no splash screen. i thought i cpuld only flash the DREAHIMG.nbh only (which is what i have/tried)

O

OG

Shiz I though RC33 was... wth. Wow. You kids now a days, messing with an old geezer like me. Loll. Uhmm. Yeaah. Hahaha, I think I'm gonna go before you break you're phone. So no Splashs. Well den we know you don;t have any water damage. LOL I AM COMEDY. Naah uhmms, well you usually don't get Splashes when you go into FastBoot and BootLoader. Try, doing, idk. Damn it people, help two playas out. I'm stupid and can;t even use ADB properly, and this guys stuck with BootLoader. I was afraid to Boot into FastBoot yesterday, help us!

Last edited:

MeatyCoins

Aug 7, 2007
LOL yeah man im stuck, i just got this replacement today! i called in for a replacement AGAIN but im afraid they will say this one is tampered with/out of warrenty since its doing it

MeatyCoins

Aug 7, 2007
i read that somewhere but i doubt it cause even if it was the update wouldnt fail at BOOT. i tried actually holding out the camera buttom while powering..same thing.

O

OG

Probably because when you hold the Camera button, that's what boots you into BootLoader. And don't forget, when you start the update, you can't press any buttons. So if the camera button is being held, then you will go straight to BootLoader. When you start the Update, the Camera button will be pressed, and you won't be able to finish the Update.

MeatyCoins

Aug 7, 2007
hmm that is also true but what i dont get is why it wpuld say FAIL at the boot part (the check off list after you flash dreahimg.nbh

dsky25

Nov 26, 2009
this happened to me while I was rooting my brother's phone a while back. What I did was redownload the .nbh and put that on the sd card and when i started it again it downgraded no problem. but for this you're gonna need a microSD reader or another device you can pop the sd into so you can put the .nbh on it because you can't access it through the G1 at this state.

MeatyCoins

Aug 7, 2007
yeah i use a sdcard reader always. i redownloaded and re formated! still same issue....hmmm

dsky25

Nov 26, 2009
you're formatting to FAT32 right?
idk maybe try downloading it from a different source.
It sounds like the exact same thing that happened to me, I downloaded the DREAIMG.nbh from a different place than I got the one I had previously to get it right

MeatyCoins

Aug 7, 2007
hmmm alright will try that, i got mine off megaupload link that was posted in the rooting tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.