[ROOT] Straight Talk: Samsung Galaxy Centura

Search This thread

UrbanBounca

Sep 17, 2010
It's been successfully rooted with POOT.
It has also been rooted via CWM by Area51 Here for CWM and then Here for Root! I did find some ROM development going on at Area51 as well here. Area51's CWM does not appear to play nice with any phone rooted with Poot however so it's best to install CWM from Area51 first and then use their root method.

The root method used at A51 is out-of-date, and can't be updated. Therefore, you'll continuously receive an update notification and won't be able to stop it.

SteveCampsOut

Aug 13, 2012
Spring
www.facebook.com
The root method used at A51 is out-of-date, and can't be updated. Therefore, you'll continuously receive an update notification and won't be able to stop it.

Not True! All you have to do is just not install the update when it boots you into CWM. This will be fixed when they complete the ROM they're working on. I don't get update reminders after accepting the first one and just not installing it once in recovery mode at the install screen!

SteveCampsOut

Aug 13, 2012
Spring
www.facebook.com
My roomate just got this phone, gonna root it for her. Thanks for posting methods.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

You might want to wait for Area51 to complete their first ROM for the phone. Currently it has an annoying update that keeps trying to install over the rooted stock OS that will break root if you install it. Of course you can just keep clicking on accept and then selecting NO when you get to the install update screen in CWM like I do, but it's an annoyance. :D

tedpc01

Aug 1, 2011
Galaxy Centura 4.X

Is there any roms for the Samsung Galaxy Centura on StraightTalk that is Android version 4.1, 4.2 or above?

C_Adamanteus

Aug 20, 2012
Cool just rooted one of these and uh, any recommendations on a root required app to use the phone as a wifi hotspot free of charge?

allcity187

Dec 21, 2010
I just installed cwm with Odin and I did a backup. I downloaded all the files for root and place it in clockwork backup folder. When I go to cwm and restore backup folder I get a md5 mismatch error. Is their anyway to fix that?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

nprev420

Jan 7, 2013
I just installed cwm with Odin and I did a backup. I downloaded all the files for root and place it in clockwork backup folder. When I go to cwm and restore backup folder I get a md5 mismatch error. Is their anyway to fix that?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Did you rename the backup? If it has spaces, it will cause that error.

Reactions: CMurder357

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Notice: A New Q & A thread has been created in the Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting Sub-Forum.
New Discussion and Q & A Tabs have also been created, located just under threads Title, when viewing in a Browser.
Posts from members with less than 10 posts will automatically be posted in the new Q & A thread.
Please check it out, and see if you can help out someone with a question about this Topic.

phat0074

Mar 26, 2010
What's the best method of returning this phone back stock is there a flashable firmware or tar file?

vtsnaab

Nov 24, 2015
Does anyone know what has become of Androidarea51 ??
I've been trying to access that site for some time and it always fails to load.

It has been mentioned in this thread as a source for rooting this model of phone and I've just been given one & would like to root it...

Thanks.

Reactions: Nightbreakr

Top Liked Posts