Nexus 5 Battery Worse Than Before

Search This thread

TimeRunz

Jan 30, 2011
How is everyone's battery life holding up today vs. when you first got it?

My phone is a launch day version, all stock. In the first weeks of use, I was pretty easily able to reach ~ 22hr standby time and 3.5 hour screen-on time on 1 charge (100%-1%). Fast forward to today... with the same usage patterns and standby time, I can only reach about 2.5 hour screen-on time.

My usage patterns have been the same. And nothing has changed on my phone since day 1, other than updating to KitKat 4.4.2 and all those app updates. (I also have the updated v4.1 Google Play Services that was just recently released).

Anyone have a similar experience? Or is it just my battery that's degrading fast?

Last edited:

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012

My phone is a launch day version, all stock. In the first weeks of use, I was pretty easily able to reach ~ 22hr standby time and 3.5 hour screen-on time on 1 charge (100%-1%). Fast forward to today... with the same usage patterns and standby time, I can only reach about 2.5 hour screen-on time.

My usage patterns have been the same. And nothing has changed on my phone since day 1, other than updating to KitKat 4.4.2 and all those app updates. (I also have the updated v4.1 Google Play Services that was just recently released).

Anyone have a similar experience? Or is it just my battery that's degrading fast?

If rooted, get BetterBatteryStats (there is a free version on XDA, but it's worth the cost).

If not rooted, root. Then get BetterBatteryStats.

BirchBarlow

Oct 6, 2013
Philadelphia

Have you tried a factory reflash? I had a similar experience with mine where all the sudden the battery started draining like crazy, but factory flash cured it. I don't know what it was, maybe something I had installed, or something I modded, but reflashing seemed to do the trick.