Kindle Screen Problem

Search This thread

UCLAbry

Apr 5, 2014
Hi everyone,

I've attached a jpg with a picture of my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 with the right side blacked out or white with different colors. Any ideas? Is this my android software or a hardware issue?

Thx

Bry

Attachments

• IMG_20140404_111220.jpg
    IMG_20140404_111220.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 1,222

conan1600

Jan 9, 2011
Hi everyone,

I've attached a jpg with a picture of my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 with the right side blacked out or white with different colors. Any ideas? Is this my android software or a hardware issue?

Thx

Bry

I have seen that in many tabllets with a faulty video ribbon cable, and a few cases of the on board graphics unit. Usually the display is more blotchy when damaged but that pattern has occured with damaged screens as well. I suspect that would be a harware fault. If you are not rooted I would suggest a factory reset then a call to amazon for repair and or replacement. By the by this is the hdx forum, not the hd forum which is the device you have, not that it matters though.

Last edited:

UCLAbry

Apr 5, 2014
I have seen that in many tabllets with a faulty video ribbon cable, and a few cases of the on board graphics unit. Usually the display is more blotchy when damaged but that pattern has occured with damaged screens as well. I suspect that would be a harware fault. If you are not rooted I would suggest a factory reset then a call to amazon for repair and or replacement. By the by this is the hdx forum, not the hd forum which is the device you have, not that it matters though.

Hey conan,

Thanks for the insight. I was kinda thinking that it was a glitch on the screen that cannot be fixed. It has flickered a bit here and there this past few months. I've used it a lot. It is a rooted Kindle Fire HD 8.9" as you said. I guess I could try reinstalling the CM software and just see what happens, but I think youre right. Is there a way to reset it back so Amazon will help me fix it? Have you heard of it?

Thanks for the time..