4.2.2 ota and custom roms

Search This thread

donnieseech

Mar 2, 2011
Okay so I've had the issue with sms on non sense 5 based roms before . I took the its to give it a shot and see if the new radio/firmware base would help. I'm still s-off, unlocked, supercid and have twrp. If I try and install any custom Rom it'll start then crash and say failed to write metadata. Is that due to it being the 4.4.2 firmware? And should I go back to 4.2.2 and try the New radio to see if sms works? Just curious cause I'd like to keep the 4.4.2 base if possible just wondering if anyone has had roms work

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Okay so I've had the issue with sms on non sense 5 based roms before . I took the its to give it a shot and see if the new radio/firmware base would help. I'm still s-off, unlocked, supercid and have twrp. If I try and install any custom Rom it'll start then crash and say failed to write metadata. Is that due to it being the 4.4.2 firmware? And should I go back to 4.2.2 and try the New radio to see if sms works? Just curious cause I'd like to keep the 4.4.2 base if possible just wondering if anyone has had roms work

That error is due to using an old recovery that is not compatible with kitkat based rom installer scripts.
Update your recovery...

donnieseech

Mar 2, 2011
So never mind. I must have not payed any attention when I reflashed recovery :( I put 2.6 not 2.7. Thank you though

donnieseech

Mar 2, 2011
Does anyone have an idea. I'd love to run viper 3.5 it ran amazing and save with the nusense roms. But no sms I can't do