[q] stock rooted kitkat sdcard fix

Search This thread

mredamon

Dec 29, 2010
I have used several of the apps out there that supposedly make the SD Card writeable. None of them are working for me. Im stock rooted with weak sauce and would prefer to stay that way, for easy OTA update purposes.

Google says that an app only has access to any folder that it creates, if that were true, I wouldn't have an issue with this new policy but I'm finding that is just not true. I'm creating folders and then unable to put any items into it.

Anyone know how I can stay stock and weaksauce root and get the SD card writeable?

Pauls57

Apr 2, 2014
Buffalo
Don't think weaksauce allows you to do this. You need to be able to make changes to files which are not writable when using only weaksauce. You could try flashing the insecure kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

raypino

Oct 20, 2010
I'm on the same boat as you and this worked for me. install xposed, once in xposed download handleexternalstorage (no spaces). make sure that once you download the framework that you do a soft reboot to make the changes take effect. I did notice that since we're not permanent root that it won't stick. if that happens just repeat the process. a minor inconvenience to stay stock.

sent via carrier pigeon

Last edited:
Reactions: hgoldner
I'm on the same boat as you and this worked for me. install xposed, once in xposed download handleexternalstorage (no spaces). make sure that once you download the framework that you do a soft reboot to make the changes take effect. I did notice that since we're not permanent root that it won't stick. if that happens just repeat the process. a minor inconvenience to stay stock.

sent via carrier pigeon

Wow. Thanks for pointing this module out. Dunno how I missed it!

Beamed from the holodeck of my Nexus 7 FHD.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sent via carrier pigeon