[ROM][4.4.4]09/10[CrossCompiled][CyanogenMod11w/Sabermod,Linaro-03][Semi-nightlies]

Search This thread

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
No need to make a micro. The nano is fine. Soon the scrips based gapps wiIl work. never went back to the old build. Still on latest. Trying to get used to halo. But can't get it turned off or positioned right. Otherwise its great and snappy. Will report on battery life later.

You can turn it off in the notification drawer. Circle with 2 dots. Double tap and hold to move

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: walttheboss

omar71693

Mar 6, 2012
Washington, DC
Ok, after a little bit of testing, I've figured out that on the newer builds, after installing the emoji root zip, you can't install apps from the play store. The phone simply reboots when installing an app. Any solutions? Tried clearing data from google services, from play store, etc., nothing works.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Free mobile app

cyril279

Jun 3, 2013
Solution: stop installing the emoji root zip

(couldn't help myself, I'm not an emoji fan)

Is it the newer builds and the same GAPPS package? or are you also installing newer GAPPS?

It may be worth a trip to the app originators/thread for solutions.

-Cyril

Ok, after a little bit of testing, I've figured out that on the newer builds, after installing the emoji root zip, you can't install apps from the play store. The phone simply reboots when installing an app. Any solutions? Tried clearing data from google services, from play store, etc., nothing works.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Yikes, apparently there's also "pico" GApps as well.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

As @rogersb11 said to me a while back; I like options.

Reactions: rogersb11

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Solution: stop installing the emoji root zip

(couldn't help myself, I'm not an emoji fan)

Is it the newer builds and the same GAPPS package? or are you also installing newer GAPPS?

It may be worth a trip to the app originators/thread for solutions.

-Cyril

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Yikes, apparently there's also "pico" GApps as well.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

As @rogersb11 said to me a while back; I like options.

Well I made the zip sooo....lol. I haven't used it in some time but I'm not shocked by this. I'll look when I can but probably be awhile before I can put time into solving why smiley faces are busting Google. Maybe a broke it when I fixed the keyboard but I doubt it as I'm almost positive same happens on pure cm now as well

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: cyril279

omar71693

Mar 6, 2012
Washington, DC
Lol I only use it so I can actually see what ppl are posting on Twitter and stuff like that because it gets frustrating sometimes. I've tried it with newer and older gapps. No worries if it can't be done right away or at all. It's just something extra, so thanks in advance.

dashrendar

Jun 20, 2012
Akron
CM11 M10 Build?

Hi all,

I noticed that the CM11 M10 was released in the middle of the month.

In the past, @rogersb11 has graciously provided us with the M7, M8 and M9 builds. I was wondering what is the best way to obtain a build that is based on the M10 release/tag? Would it be a Shifted build or one based on the default CM11 kernel?

wolftou

Mar 28, 2012
Rogersb, Thanks for a great ROM, just testing it out right now. Quick question, is there a way to turn off the backlight for good? I tried to disable it in the Settings>Buttons but it still won't turn off.

Thanks, again.

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I'm sorry if this seems like stupid question, but is this a new build of your ROM or is this the original CM11 ROM?

I guess what I'm really asking is, can I dirty flash this over M9 like and update? I like regular CM and would like to stick with it.

This is NOT my ROM. This is pure CyanogenMod M10 release. Might as well be official other than SaberMod toolchain usage. Wish I could get cm to recognize it quite frankly. Runs like a champ and has since I started

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

walttheboss

Just some small things.

Just a few small comments in case they merit further study. NOTHING of any real importance. Just to let you know in case it matters in future development for this and/or other devices.

I am running the latest shifted cm11 after a fresh install and nano gapps also fresh with formatted system. (however the issues noted existed before as well)
  1. Apollo crashes on first open every time and then runs great on second open.
  2. Some shortcuts dissappear after reboot. (Aldiko and Stock Calculator for example)
  3. The clock widget does not connect to google calendar to add calendar to the home page. Weather works well but calendar items can be configured in settings but they never appear.
  4. After returning to home screen the bottom 5 icons often need two taps to go anywhere.

Again NONE of these are urgent or even important. Just passing along some things I noticed. I am sold on shifted CM11 no matter what.

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Just a few small comments in case they merit further study. NOTHING of any real importance. Just to let you know in case it matters in future development for this and/or other devices.

I am running the latest shifted cm11 after a fresh install and nano gapps also fresh with formatted system. (however the issues noted existed before as well)
  1. Apollo crashes on first open every time and then runs great on second open.
  2. Some shortcuts dissappear after reboot. (Aldiko and Stock Calculator for example)
  3. The clock widget does not connect to google calendar to add calendar to the home page. Weather works well but calendar items can be configured in settings but they never appear.
  4. After returning to home screen the bottom 5 icons often need two taps to go anywhere.

Again NONE of these are urgent or even important. Just passing along some things I noticed. I am sold on shifted CM11 no matter what.

Awesome. Take note guys, ^^this is how you provide useful input. The stuttering is trebuchet, it's already been replaced with nova. I'll have to look into the 2 other things you mentioned as if they dont change when you flip the dark switch then they are still coming from cm. I don't have repos of everything but I'll get to it

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BROKKANIC

May 15, 2012
Hawaii
Dirty flashed the latest build and has almost no issues for me. Great work as always!

The only non-issue is some weird volume thing with Apollo. If I plug in the charger, before starting the player, the volume level is diminished and stays that way until I unplug it. As soon as I unplug it then volume jumps up to normal level. If I plug in the charger while the player is running it doesn't do it. Most likely an app thing. LOL.

Reactions: walttheboss

dashrendar

Jun 20, 2012
Akron
Hi rogersb11,

I've been living with an issue ever since I switched from CM9 to CM10.1 (AOSP 4.2). It even existed in other ROMs based on CM10.1 (or AOSP 4.2). When the official CM10 was released for the I777, I actually submitted the following JIRA issue
CYAN-2187 (Voice Dialing Hangs/Fails When Bluetooth Is Connected to Headset)

The issue remains even today in the latest builds of CM11. However, the SHOStock ROM didn't have it because I think it is based on the Touchwiz ROM which is version 4.1

Here is the description of the issue (logs are attached to the issue at the site):
First of all, keep in mind that I was able to reproduce this defect with the default kernel. I was attempting to use a custom kernel to see if it fixes it. This explains why I am reporting it using a custom kernel.

I was also able to reproduce the exact same defect on the following 4.2.2-based ROMs:
PACman (pac_i777-milestone.1.RC1.zip)
AOKP Jellybean 4.2.2 Build 6.24.2013

Steps to reproduce the defect:
1 - Turn on Bluetooth on the phone.
2 - Pair your Bluetooth headset with the phone.
3 - Connect Bluetooth headset to phone.
4 - Long-press the dial button on the headset to activate voice dialing.

Symptoms:
Assuming Voice Dialer is the default dialer, it will show on the screen, but it will get stuck at the "Starting Up" and remain there. I notice that the live wallpaper in the background becomes jittery indicating that something is consuming a lot of CPU cycles. After a long time, it might give an error initializing message. Pressing the back button sometimes responds but usually takes a very long time.

By the way, the same symptom happens if I also tap the Voice Dialer icon while Bluetooth is connected to the headset.

Once I disconnect my Bluetooth headset, voice Dialer works normally and I can input commands.

If I disable the Voice Dialer and Google Search becomes the default, the same thing happens. When I long-press the dial button on the headset, Google
Search appears but gets stuck. When I obtained the log for this it took a long time for logcat to respond, collecting tons of data.

Please see attached logs of the different scenarios and a screenshot. I had to zip one of the logs because it was HUGE for some reason.

I believe there were Bluetooth changes that Google made going from 4.1 to 4.2.

Do you think you can reproduce the issue and/or take a quick look at the logs to see if it's something simple that broke Bluetooth dialing on our device?

To me it's a critical feature because I drive 2 hours every day and voice dialing provides much more safety than fiddling with the screen while driving. And I hate to have to go back to an older ROM. :)

Attachments

• 2013-09-07-13-32-01_BluetoothOn_NotConnected_VoiceDialer_Good.txt
    12.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2013-09-07-14-48-56_BluetoothConnected_VoiceDialer_Defect.txt
    149.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2013-09-07-14-52-10_BluetoothConnected_GoogleSearch_Defect.txt
    31 KB · Views: 0
  • 2013-09-07-14-53-58_BluetoothConnected_GooglSearchStuck.zip
    145.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hi rogersb11,

I've been living with an issue ever since I switched from CM9 to CM10.1 (AOSP 4.2). It even existed in other ROMs based on CM10.1 (or AOSP 4.2). When the official CM10 was released for the I777, I actually submitted the following JIRA issue
CYAN-2187 (Voice Dialing Hangs/Fails When Bluetooth Is Connected to Headset)

The issue remains even today in the latest builds of CM11. However, the SHOStock ROM didn't have it because I think it is based on the Touchwiz ROM which is version 4.1

Here is the description of the issue (logs are attached to the issue at the site):

I believe there were Bluetooth changes that Google made going from 4.1 to 4.2.

Do you think you can reproduce the issue and/or take a quick look at the logs to see if it's something simple that broke Bluetooth dialing on our device?

To me it's a critical feature because I drive 2 hours every day and voice dialing provides much more safety than fiddling with the screen while driving. And I hate to have to go back to an older ROM. :)

There's no log here man. Try slim saber to see if issue exists there. If it doesn't I'll look into their Bluetooth fixes

Reactions: dashrendar

dashrendar

Jun 20, 2012
Akron
There's no log here man. Try slim saber to see if issue exists there. If it doesn't I'll look into their Bluetooth fixes

Sorry. I just updated my previous post with the logs. I included cases for both Voice Dialer and Google Search. I also included cases for failure (Bluetooth connected) and success (Bluetooth not connected).

dashrendar

Jun 20, 2012
Akron

I flashed SlimSaber prior to flashing CM11 M10 and I encountered the same problem there as well--When I initiate a call from the Bluetooth headset, the default application gets stuck at the "Initializing" screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android-KitKat.jpg

Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 SABERMOD 4.8 Toolchain

Alright, well it's about time Google. What we have here is going to be CM11 4.4.4 builds for your Galaxy S2 i777 with the bonus of Sabermod toolchain. I will continue to add tweaks and change things but this will also be updated from CyanogenMod as well. I could theme this if interested as well and at some point I will add more features and tweaks. CLEAN install is recommended for your first time but dirty will be fine after that unless I notify you differently.

HOW TO INSTALL

Make sure you are on CWM 6.0.4.4+ before flashing ROM!
    I by far recommend TWRP tho as that is what all testing will be done with because I no longer use CWM.
    Download the zip
    Download compatible Gapps
    WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    Wipe Cache/Dalvic Cache
    Flash the Rom
    Flash Gapps
    Reboot
    Enjoy

Install from my previous build:
    Download the zip
    WIPE Cache
    WIPE Dalvik Cache
    Flash the ROM
    Reboot

Current build:09192014

New Downloads: Shifted CM11 Builds

Downloads: CM11 Builds

Recommended Recovery SGH-959G: TWRP 2.7.0.1 courtesy of @mr-cook of course

Recommended GAPPS: GAPPS
    (Others may work but I've only tested these)

Custom kernel: Shift

Apple Emoji for your I777: Apple Emoji

Google Camera: Camera

Play Services Update: Play Services

SUPERSU:http://download.chainfire.eu/451/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.01.zip

Thanks goes out to:
    @infected_ @mr-cook for random questions, solid input and the twrp recovery

for helping me in anyway that I've asked to the best of their abilites. You guys have been awesome!!!!

Also Entire CyanogenMod Team for making their source open and available to the public. Pretty damn awesome of them if you ask me

I think that's it for now. Thanks guys and enjoy the BRAND NEW ANDROID for this seemingly never dying phone lol

This is NEVER expected but if you like my work and would like to buy me a beer you are more than welcome. Feels strange if posting this lol

Donate:https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted

Donated. THANKS guys, you're awesome @BROKKANIC 7U939739JP1534703 @walttheboss 2x
    build up...........https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712460793

Just a note, I'm working on my own custom rom which is started from CM11, once I get it fully set up and working as should these builds my completely stop but if they do I will open a new thread with the new ROM. Just thought I would put that out there. Enjoy the build guys, already tested and running on my S2. Thanks

Well there already was but now more. I'll be uploading before long. Rebuilding InCallUI, hopefully it's fixed. If not I'll rework the whole damn thing, I might anyway. Either way this is a really good upgrade. More to come. @cyril279 I haven't forgotten. I'll be looking tonight or tomorrow as I'll be working in there anyway

Edit: well here you go. Clean install, if not may not boot. Flash as usual, gapps as well, issue fixed. Do not use slim gapps as they would not boot for me. Screenshots coming if my lazy tester @razen_kain would ever do anything haha.
    Additional features, dark ui as before, advanced reboot default, developer options default, glowpad torch, battery around unlock ring, appbar, pie control, navigation bar, custom system animations, custom color and I'm sure I missed something. And of course my shift kernel. Enjoy, really is a big upgrade I assure you

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712466963
    I'm about to start a build now everyone but repo sync is taking forever and it looks like some pretty big additions and also removals are occurring so must have some major changes so I'm running a completely fresh build which will take longer. I'm mentioning this because I'm going to recommend a completely fresh install from scratch and don't restore with Titanium because it's a bunch of system changes and checks and references that are changing which could and most likely will lead to some errors. I realize that's a PITA as I can't stand doing it myself either but sometimes it's necessary and should be done at least fairly frequently when you flash things as often as we do here at XDA. Thanks guys. Hope you are still enjoying because I'm still loving deving for this wonderful and everlasting I777/959G community

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    New builds are up. Been busy on some other stuff. May lessen these just a little but be more consistent. It's a good build