Can't do anything with Streak

Search This thread

martinkoza

Apr 20, 2012
Hi! I bought Streak 5. The problem is OS. When I want to install ROM or recovery there were problems.

I can't go with fastboot cause touch don't working and there is red line text: default NV checked #3.

When I'm trying to upgrade with .pkg file there is an error:

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(no such file or directory)
E:Can't mount SDCARD:update.pkg
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(no such file or directory)
E:Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip

What I'm supposed to do now?

Please help!

Sound like maybe a bad internal sd card. Not the one under the battery cover, but one inside the phone. Do a search for replacement of internal sd card and you'll get several hits. One way involves taking the phone apart, the other involves cutting a piece of plastic out from under the battery cover to gain access. Not real difficult either way.

martinkoza

Apr 20, 2012
How inner SD should be formatted? And the size of the new one card should be the same of previous card?

martinkoza

Apr 20, 2012
@rsfinsrq thank you for the link but I've got problem with Clonezilla. I download stock innerSD image and Clonezilla. I go through few steps and I've got only two options in Clonezilla to save image, any to restore it. How to do it?

rsfinsrq

@rsfinsrq thank you for the link but I've got problem with Clonezilla. I download stock innerSD image and Clonezilla. I go through few steps and I've got only two options in Clonezilla to save image, any to restore it. How to do it?

No need to use clonezilla. Just insert new SD card and the Streak will format it. Read the entire post! I inserted a 4gb micro sd into my streak (internal) and it self formatted when I booted it up. Perform a factory reset from recovery or restore your nandroid when it automatically reboots completing the format process. Also, 2gb card worked best for me. Long boot time and performance suffered with the class 10 4gb card. Ymmv.