[ROM] Streak MIUI 2.4.20 English

Search This thread

Agent5150

Mar 6, 2008
Installed it over 2.3.23, only wiped cache and Dalvik cache, fixed permissions and rebooted. everything is working except MIUI control panel, it doesn't change anything.

Why do I have duplicate icons for Map, places, latitude, navigation. Difference is that second set of these icons have a small green circle in the right bottom corner.

cdzo72

Installed it over 2.3.23, only wiped cache and Dalvik cache, fixed permissions and rebooted. everything is working except MIUI control panel, it doesn't change anything.

Why do I have duplicate icons for Map, places, latitude, navigation. Difference is that second set of these icons have a small green circle in the right bottom corner.

The ones with the small green circle are for unlocked worldwide navigation

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

besony

May 30, 2009
Pune
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Awesome ROMS -all MIUI group!-

@Nitin- Awesome ROMs Man..( and fast! ). :)

2 things/niggles I observed-

1. After a call or during a call if I try to operate the screen - I can't do it in the first go.
I have to press power button- wipe screen - then press power - then it operates fine!
(^ same solution that was given to the phone-becomes-unresponsive-after-keeping-in-pocket problem )

2. Some games/softwares ( e.g. Picsay ) have a button in top right corner - I see that pressing that does not enter as an input 50% of time!
I have to tap here and there a little to get it to work.

( can the second thingie be solved with LCD density? - just a thought. )

thanks,

Sony.

DJ-VAN

Dec 29, 2010
Aww I just noticed the wifi doesn't stay on. Is there any way to change something in the build prop to fix that like how HPA had it?

I basically want the wifi to stay on all the time- setting it to "never" doesn't keep the wifi locked. I mainly use my phone as a voip phone so this is a must.

The ones with the small green circle are for unlocked worldwide navigation

Do these navigation apps still update or they are patched and therefore need to be updated manually?

Agent5150

Mar 6, 2008
Aww I just noticed the wifi doesn't stay on. Is there any way to change something in the build prop to fix that like how HPA had it?

I basically want the wifi to stay on all the time- setting it to "never" doesn't keep the wifi locked. I mainly use my phone as a voip phone so this is a must.

Do these navigation apps still update or they are patched and therefore need to be updated manually?

Change wifi_supplicant_scan_interval to 15 (from 180) in build.prop. With this I have zero wifi issues.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

MIUI 2.4.20 Autofocus not working... fix?

Camera zoom hasn't worked for me on any MIUI roms for Streak. Using Camera Zoom FX app instead. zoom works in that app.

DJ-VAN

Dec 29, 2010
Change wifi_supplicant_scan_interval to 15 (from 180) in build.prop. With this I have zero wifi issues.

That just changes the scanning frequency right? Will this keep the wifi on even when the device is asleep/ screen is off? Because I use Groove IP I need the wifi to be on all the time- even if it kills the battery.

It seems only when the screen is on does the wifi connect. Which means right now my phone doesn't ring :/

ammujee

Oct 25, 2008
Hyderabad
That just changes the scanning frequency right? Will this keep the wifi on even when the device is asleep/ screen is off? Because I use Groove IP I need the wifi to be on all the time- even if it kills the battery.

It seems only when the screen is on does the wifi connect. Which means right now my phone doesn't ring :/

Try using DSC_hpa_wifi patch from dsc Phoenix kernel for cm7 and miui thread.

Working fine for me.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: (InsertNameHere)

scdsone

Jun 7, 2009
whitehaven
im on pay as you go so i dont use a data connection (just wifi) but everytime i use gps (copilot/runkeeper) agps knocks on & it costs me £1 for the day

how can i permanently disable agps?

Cryogen

Aug 21, 2007
EDIT: Screenshot does not produce files in /mnt/sdcard/MIUI/screen_cap

Camera zoom hasn't worked for me on any MIUI roms for Streak. Using Camera Zoom FX app instead. zoom works in that app.

Well ... camera focus worked at MIUI 2.3.23 but did have the switch cameras function.

im on pay as you go so i dont use a data connection (just wifi) but everytime i use gps (copilot/runkeeper) agps knocks on & it costs me £1 for the day

how can i permanently disable agps?

Settings -> Personal -> My location ->Automatic Assisted GPS

@Nitin- Awesome ROMs Man..( and fast! ). :)

2 things/niggles I observed-

1. After a call or during a call if I try to operate the screen - I can't do it in the first go.
2. Some games/softwares ( e.g. Picsay ) have a button in top right corner
Sony.

1. It's laggy that is that. BUT in SETTINGS -> PROGRAMS -> CALL SETTINGS -> ANSWER FEATURES : Disable all and the phone will stay ON during a call ( for the normally set timeout eg. 1 min) To aid waking it to hang up I use SETTINGS -> SYSTEM -> BUTTON SETTINGS -> VOLUME ROCKER WAKE
2. You should do a Recalibration screen procedure. MAKE SURE YOUR SCREEN IS CLEAN AS BRAND NEW. USE WET TOILET PAPER THEN WIPE WITH COTTON CLOTH.
To do so : Shutdown phone. HOLD pressed Volume rocker up AND down buttons, while holding press and hold power as usual to power on. Once the led buttons are lit - you can depress the power button , but keep the volume up and down buttons pressed. After the DELL logo the recovery menu appears. Using the volume rocker buttons select 3. Screen calibration. Confirm with pressing the Camera button (all the way down). Then follow the screen instructions. Don't touch the screen, proceed three time using the Volume UP button.

Last edited:
Reactions: besony

jbhorse

Dec 20, 2011
So far i have installed 2.3.23 over 17 and 22 with all the necrssary fixes and have had no problems. The only concern is batery life running out too fast. What is the fix for 2.3.24? So far i have seen people having problem with this rom. Ths

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA

Agent5150

Mar 6, 2008
So far i have installed 2.3.23 over 17 and 22 with all the necrssary fixes and have had no problems. The only concern is batery life running out too fast. What is the fix for 2.3.24? So far i have seen people having problem with this rom. Ths

I upgraded from 2.3.23 to 2.4.20..for me the only two problems are miui control panel, and poor battery life.

Problems persisting from previous versions: camera zoom not working and gmail lag.

I am not sure if there is any real benefit in upgrading to 2.4.20

sinan33

Mar 29, 2010
Tarsus
I upgraded from 2.3.23 to 2.4.20..for me the only two problems are miui control panel, and poor battery life.

Problems persisting from previous versions: camera zoom not working and gmail lag.

I am not sure if there is any real benefit in upgrading to 2.4.20

Everything woks perfect with 2.4.20,for battery drain; wipe battery stats,gmail working well,the camera of the 2.4.20 doesn't have ability of autofocus; if you want a camera which has autofocus ability,then copy the camera.apk from 2.3.23 to 2.4.20 it works.

Reactions: truefat

Agent5150

Mar 6, 2008
Everything woks perfect with 2.4.20,for battery drain; wipe battery stats,gmail working well,the camera of the 2.4.20 doesn't have ability of autofocus; if you want a camera which has autofocus ability,then copy the camera.apk from 2.3.23 to 2.4.20 it works.

did wipe battery stats.. Don't know why folks deny battery drain issues.
launcher used to show 1% on battery stats... With this version it shows 6%.

I am a fan of custom rom dev and i sincerely appreciate everyones effort...but lately, such dev efforts are seem to be moving in the wrong direction.

maan76

Jul 11, 2008
So far it seems that 17 and 23 are the most stable and fastest miui.us roms available for dell streak . They work very well after flashing the necessary fix for them.
Battery life also seems to be feasible, and way better than other miui rooms and most of costum Rooms.
Those are my couple pennies. Hahaha

Djinn Moto

Dec 15, 2010
Ho Chi Minh City
Only one problem annoyed me that it said "Can't connect to camera" no matter which app i's using or how many time I restarted my Dell. I did all the wipe and flash from Simple Streak Rom.

Is there any solution for this?

Thanks guys.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW UPDATE!

MIUI 2.4.20
    Dell Streak 5

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WRONG THING HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE. AFTER INSTALLING THIS ROM.

This Rom is ported from MIUIANDROID HTC HD2, included latest Team DSC’s Phoenix Kernel

Make sure you wipe EVERYTHING. Including, Data, Cache, and Dalvik-Cache.
    Fresh Install, let boot. after finishing the initial setup. again boot in recovery and flash the Custom_light_Fix.zip downloaded from below link, reboot and enjoy!

Rom Download Links

Current Version
    MIUI - 2.4.20
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9a8n323d4dghxam

Old Versions:
    MIUI - 2.3.23
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ktp9957avwjn927

Thanks & Credits:
    HPA: Working MIUI ROM
    n0p & Team DSC: Phoenix Kernel and Kernel support
    hunderteins: USSD

Special Thanks to everyone for using testing, supporting my ROMs. Please don’t mind and let me know if I am forgetting any name to mention here.

Cheers!
    You may flash this rom over any GB rom, ripped from miui 2.3.16 Nexus one rom.

Streak MIUI 2.4.20

Streak MIUI 2.4.20.............Links Updated!
    New MIUI version 2.3.23 !

Very soon I am going to launched new miui version with working wifi tethering and more stability!

Thanks To All For Great Response and Support!

Cheers!
    Calendar application with English suport:

Here is the calendar apk with english suport
    Just push these two files to system/app>>>set permission as rw—r——r——

http://db.tt/qcU89f7i

http://db.tt/AbGroX3f

Plz let me know both da cases working & not working:D:thumbup::thumbup:

Adi™