[Q] Return to Official Firmware

Search This thread

killachandra

Jul 27, 2013
I rooted and installed CWM and Cyanogen 10.1.3 on by brothers Note, GT-N7000. He didnt enjoy it as some unexpected errors were coming up sometimes. Luckily i found the official Rom 4.1.2 N7000DDLSC_INU.zip through sammobile. Now My questions are:-

1. What must i do to completely remove cyanogenmod and clock work recovery.
2. Do i need some additional files like, kernel or bootloader or phone or csc (or will just all this zip to pda will install it)
3. What else should i take care of?

Please advice i want to completely return to official state

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
nothing much.. just the rom file you downloaded in tar.md5 format. Boot into recovery and factory reset the phone. then boot into download mode and flash the new rom..

killachandra

Jul 27, 2013
But will that remove clock work mod.?
And will my device get recognised in kies?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

killachandra

Jul 27, 2013
Now there's another panga. The phone received the files properly fine through doing but not installing after booting
Gets shut down at logo. This I tried it 2.

killachandra

Jul 27, 2013
Ok.
I went into cwm.
1 I factory reset. Wiped the data
2 wiped catche
3 wiped dalvic catche
4 went into download mode
5 with Odin 1.85 recognised device installed official rom.

The progress was shown in both phone and Odin. Factoryfs, kernel, hidden and catche shown to be successfully copied.

Only the auto reboot was selected

After device restated it shouted the Samsung logo. Without triangle
I thought it was a success.
Then I saw green Android logo with install process which seemed to have successfully completed on the phone.

but then just as the Samsung and a ring revolving screen came up, insured of booting up the device got shut down.

I thought it will reboot ok but it didn't. I tried restating several times but it kept getting shutdown.

I then flashed the official firmware again but this time after Odin transferred all the files on the phone, the green android logo is not able to complete the installation in the middle of it the phone is restating showing the battery charging logo, then the green bot trying to install then again it restarts.

To sum up
I note

killachandra

Jul 27, 2013
Sorry I posted by mistake

To sum up I I now am stuck in a loop where connecting the cable starts showing the battery charge logo, starts the device shows android logo with progress in the belly and a progress bar at the bottom restarts again allowing the battery logo again the Android thing and so on in a loop.

Please advice

forest1971

Apr 3, 2012
I rooted and installed CWM and Cyanogen 10.1.3 on by brothers Note, GT-N7000. He didnt enjoy it as some unexpected errors were coming up sometimes. Luckily i found the official Rom 4.1.2 N7000DDLSC_INU.zip through sammobile. Now My questions are:-

2. Do i need some additional files like, kernel or bootloader or phone or csc (or will just all this zip to pda will install it)

Not sure if you have any other strong reason to go back to pure stock. Otherwise the easiest way is to install a stock base custom rom using PhilZ kernel and rom.zip. Sweet rom 10.5 is very good. Fast and stable.

Install purestock rom via odin is a pain and can cause lots of problems due to poor cable connection.

Sent from my phone.

Reactions: nokiamodeln91

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
Sorry I posted by mistake

To sum up I I now am stuck in a loop where connecting the cable starts showing the battery charge logo, starts the device shows android logo with progress in the belly and a progress bar at the bottom restarts again allowing the battery logo again the Android thing and so on in a loop.

Please advice

Did you have enough battery before flashing? Power off the phone.. Then connect it to ac charger for couple of hours and then remove the charger and start the phone.

killachandra

Jul 27, 2013
I do believe I had more than 80%on the 1st attempt but I can't say that about this morning.

Any ways I did put it on charge today. Nearly two hours. Since it was looping on the battery and installation thing I put it on download mode. But now after removing from download mode is not even starting on download mode. I feel is further damaged. Any other software to interact with the phone or any other options I might have left

forest1971

Apr 3, 2012
If it is not the batery then software does not help. There is a tool name usb jig which can help put phone to DL mode.

Sent from my phone.

killachandra

Jul 27, 2013
Thanks people for all the support. I think I will take it to the Samsung people as it is getting a little scary for my brother to trust me with this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Not sure if you have any other strong reason to go back to pure stock. Otherwise the easiest way is to install a stock base custom rom using PhilZ kernel and rom.zip. Sweet rom 10.5 is very good. Fast and stable.

Install purestock rom via odin is a pain and can cause lots of problems due to poor cable connection.

Sent from my phone.