Downloading fonts

Search This thread

russcausier

Mar 28, 2011
Hi does anyone know how to download fonts to my galaxy s5 tried flip font from aptoide store tried fontomizer and I fonts none seem to work does anyone know how to do it please? Thanks russ:)

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

russcausier

Mar 28, 2011
Thanks guys the ifont used to work on older galaxy but now says root, I'll try other one but have found one that works with galaxy called hifont in play store

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

jdock

Dec 27, 2011
I installed the following and was able to change the fonts with ease.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.monotype.android.font.flipfont.develop.clean

Once installed go to settings/display/fonts/font style. I'm currently running Clean_Pennition. Gloria M Stone has released a lot of great font packs so you should be able to find something you like.

I was able to use that same font pack with no trouble on my S5.

I would however like to use my own truetype font files. Found several ways to package them into an apk, which puts them in the font list with preview, but when I select one it says it's not supported. Same issue using the XDA POWER FONTS package (I didn't try all 650 of them though).

iFont worked with the font I tested (downloaded using the app) if you don't have root, it downloads an apk and installs it so you can choose it from the font style menu, but the functions to use your own font are only available in the pay version. I might have to try that. The free version lets you download up to 3 per day which is great if the ones you want are there.

EDIT: yes! that worked! Best $1.93 I've spent this week. The iFont donate version worked with my ttf font. I selected it, chose the create apk option, and went and installed the APK and was able to select my font in the menu.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts