It's flat!

Search This thread

Ipnotik

Feb 1, 2006
yes...I'm speaking about the quality of sound while listening an mp3 through the headphones. The sound is really flat without basses or medium frequencies. Even using a better quality headphones the result is always the same: very poor audio quality. It sucks! ...and did you notice that every time you tap on the screen the click that it produces is preceded by a "zack" as happens when an ampli is badly turned on. Listen it carefully and compare with another pda (mine was the artemis).

IPK

pe747

Jan 7, 2007
Hi,
I am using a B&O stereo headset and installed PocketMusic and it sounds great

jawis

Aug 7, 2005
re: flat sound

I have quite a few earphones & their sounds all vary when using it on the D810. If you like a bit of bass & good mid-range
I recommend the Creative CP630. I suspect Seinnheisers CX300 would be the same.
I too found adjusting a2dp with Fit4cat made a difference in sound quality.
I bought the Sony MDR-EX90 recently that sound fantastic on my home stereo, but sounded very flat on the D810.
@ Ipnotik : worth trying out a different pair of earphones. Dopods may not be the best mp3 players, but hopefully you get to find a good headphone combo which sounds bearable.
Oh & try Mortplayer as it has an equalizer .

flashmp3

Dec 31, 2006
You have two choices (I have tested both):
pocket player + ipaqaudio.exe
or
TCPMP equalizer or gsplayer

flashmp3

Dec 31, 2006
Ipaqaudio can be found on this forum just make a search
It is an equalizer hardware change originally made for ipaq but it works on my P3600 and the only thing a noticed is that it sometime reset when I change sound.But exceps that It works fine!
It is great to have a hardware equalizer

asci

Aug 9, 2004
Troia
www.cibellieguadagno.it
Ipaqaudio can be found on this forum just make a search
It is an equalizer hardware change originally made for ipaq but it works on my P3600 and the only thing a noticed is that it sometime reset when I change sound.But exceps that It works fine!
It is great to have a hardware equalizer
Thanks, I found it...but it seems that to have it working you must have wired headset connected...did you try it with BT headset?

flashmp3

Dec 31, 2006
I use an htc tytn usb to jack converter bought in france (mobidistrib)
You can find the trinity one (it is the same) on expansys.