Recover LTE after Brazil firmware

Search This thread

rafa00

Apr 4, 2010
Hi people,

this is my first post here

i'm from Mexico and my Razr HD is from Telcel

after flash the Retail Brasilian Firmware I lost my 4G LTE because the firmware has a diferent modem from Brasil LTE

for the people who lost LTE after flashing (like me) I have the solution

I just took the firmware from Rogers Canada and extract the modem_signed file and with this modem I have again my LTE from Telcel

I attached the bat file and fastboot files if somebody need it

i didn't attached the modem_signed file because my internet is very slow but you can download it from here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943879\\

you just put the modem_signed file in the same folder with the files attached and run the bat file, your phone need to be in fastboot mode

Attachments

• modem_LTE.zip
    156 KB · Views: 461

malditorev

Nov 21, 2012
Mexico City
No porque la rom es de latinoamerica eso pasa con la de Vodafone francia

No, that only happen with FR vodafone FW

Great! So that Rogers firmware is OEM Right? Because that ****ty telcel has a whole page of its apps...

Any improvements that you can share? Battery life? Performance?

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Great! So that Rogers firmware is OEM Right? Because that ****ty telcel has a whole page of its apps...

I mean Brazil firmware, Rogers Fix

rafa00

Apr 4, 2010

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

I mean Brazil firmware, Rogers Fix

well, with the brazil firmware you will no have any app of Telcel and the performance I feel it a little bit faster but not much, the only thing that will not chance is the Messages icon because its stored in the sim card, if turn on your phone without your sim card you will see the original Message icon (blue) then if you insert your sim card the screen will be flash a little bit and the Message icon will turn orange with white :(

malditorev

Nov 21, 2012
Mexico City
well, with the brazil firmware you will no have any app of Telcel and the performance I feel it a little bit faster but not much, the only thing that will not chance is the Messages icon because its stored in the sim card, if turn on your phone without your sim card you will see the original Message icon (blue) then if you insert your sim card the screen will be flash a little bit and the Message icon will turn orange with white :(

Ahh ok. Well I've read that removing all telcel's stuff was a huge improvement on the speed/battery life.
Maybe I will try this on the weekend.
Gracias!

estuardo4

Jul 7, 2009
Just to let you know, this does not work on CM10. It makes the modem unstable, and can't connect to LTE.

Anyway, thank you for your help.

D

dashiell.cano

hey

we can also flash the rogers firm full, just download from firmwares thread and open the firm file with winrar, choose the xml file and edit with notepad, erase the following lines

<step var="max-download-size" operation="getvar"/>
<step var="fb_mode_set" operation="oem"/>

save and ready to flash!!!

malditorev

Nov 21, 2012
Mexico City
we can also flash the rogers firm full, just download from firmwares thread and open the firm file with winrar, choose the xml file and edit with notepad, erase the following lines

<step var="max-download-size" operation="getvar"/>
<step var="fb_mode_set" operation="oem"/>

save and ready to flash!!!

By doing this I recieve a "clean" andriod installation (without any telcel bloatware) and LTE??

D

dashiell.cano

ye and u can also replace the modem_signed file with the telcels one and u have a clean android and 4h lte working in Mexico

malditorev

Nov 21, 2012
Mexico City
ye and u can also replace the modem_signed file with the telcels one and u have a clean android and 4h lte working in Mexico

I'm having problems during the flash.
I'm trying to install the rogers firmware over this telcel version and I can't do it unless I use the files from telcel
I'm using RSD Lite 6 and It says "failed to hab check for" with a few files like system_signed, devtree_signed, system_signed

What i'm missing? Do i need to unlock it first?

D

dashiell.cano

JB and 4g

hey friends ive just took the firm sfr france with Jelly Bean and reclace the modem_signed with the Telcel one and... works!!!

D

dashiell.cano

I'm having problems during the flash.
I'm trying to install the rogers firmware over this telcel version and I can't do it unless I use the files from telcel
I'm using RSD Lite 6 and It says "failed to hab check for" with a few files like system_signed, devtree_signed, system_signed

What i'm missing? Do i need to unlock it first?

sorry a week later! yeah u have to unlock it first!!!
so... eres de Mexico?

Royalfox

Jul 17, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Yup. Mexican.
Don't worry my friend. I tought that was the problem.
Now I have the Rogers version with telcel's modem file.
Works like a charm. I'll wait for the rogers update to 4.1.2

Thanks anyway

No se por que escribimos en inglés pero buee... Saludos!

Esta en las reglas de xda, si no la neta andaría escribiendo siempre ne español Hahaha

Sent from my XT925

D

dashiell.cano

Yup. Mexican.
Don't worry my friend. I tought that was the problem.
Now I have the Rogers version with telcel's modem file.
Works like a charm. I'll wait for the rogers update to 4.1.2

Thanks anyway

No se por que escribimos en inglés pero buee... Saludos!

Jaja lo se!

So.... u should try to flash the Telstra ROM with Rogers or Telcel modem, works like a charm!

*Sent from my Razr G*

malditorev

Nov 21, 2012
Mexico City
Jaja lo se!

So.... u should try to flash the Telstra ROM with Rogers or Telcel modem, works like a charm!

*Sent from my Razr G*

Telstra 4.1.2?
Does it have any bloatware?
I´m having issues with my phone since new. If I have LTE after a call my signal dissapears for a few seconds and then reconnects. This doesn't happens with 3g.
Is there an error with the original modem file from telcel?
My phone is damaged? I'm the only one having this problem?

Saludotes!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi people,

this is my first post here

i'm from Mexico and my Razr HD is from Telcel

after flash the Retail Brasilian Firmware I lost my 4G LTE because the firmware has a diferent modem from Brasil LTE

for the people who lost LTE after flashing (like me) I have the solution

I just took the firmware from Rogers Canada and extract the modem_signed file and with this modem I have again my LTE from Telcel

I attached the bat file and fastboot files if somebody need it

i didn't attached the modem_signed file because my internet is very slow but you can download it from here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943879\\

you just put the modem_signed file in the same folder with the files attached and run the bat file, your phone need to be in fastboot mode
    Tethering is not working for me on Rogers.

Make sure you have a dun apn setup.

Just add dun to your apn type field, see if that fixes your problem.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
    The ROM won't let me create a dun APN.

That sucks...

If you're rooted there's a nice little hack which I used on my Droid 4 to add the APN. It might not be exactly the same, but should give you a good starting point :

Using SQLite Editor, Phone/Messaging Storage -> telephony.db -> carriers -> Locate the last APN, scroll over to "type" then long press that field, chose "edit field" and add ",dun" (without the quotes)

Let me know if you're successful.
    What apn for dun do you use with rogers ?
    Try ltedata.apn

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium

LTEdata.apn is setup as a dun only apn on stock phone. Create a new apn in the phone and give it a bogus type, then edit the soon setting using my method.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2