[Q] One M8 Tethering issue

Search This thread

srstas

Jul 28, 2010
I looked all over the net but did not found anything on this,
So the thing is when I enable the hotspot my devices connect to it with no problem but the phone itself looses connectivity meaning the internal browser or any other app for that meter cant get network connection....

It was true for the stock ROM, I also tried the Viper, same result.
Now running the latest GPE ROM and the issue is gone, I do like the original version and want to get back to it so I'd appreciate any feedback
anyone else has that issue?
thanks.

srstas

Jul 28, 2010
Solution

I looked all over the net but did not found anything on this,
So the thing is when I enable the hotspot my devices connect to it with no problem but the phone itself looses connectivity meaning the internal browser or any other app for that meter cant get network connection....

It was true for the stock ROM, I also tried the Viper, same result.
Now running the latest GPE ROM and the issue is gone, I do like the original version and want to get back to it so I'd appreciate any feedback
anyone else has that issue?
thanks.

I found a solution just in case some one will face the same problem :)

the problem was that there was a special APN for modem use, and the phone would use it by default when in hot spot mode
the APN comes with the stock roms by the way, so I just deleted it and now it uses the default APN while in HS mode that way both the phone and the connected devices get network connectivity

mwatson

Oct 16, 2007
Basingstoke
Glad it's not just mine, I tether my M8 to my car HU. The HU connects to the hot spot by there is no data pass through. I've tried opening a web page on the M8 to force a data exchange but still nothing. This is intermittent tout very annoying when it happens.

Where in the menu do you alter these APNs?

GermanGuy

Mar 19, 2005
Minneapolis
Glad it's not just mine, I tether my M8 to my car HU. The HU connects to the hot spot by there is no data pass through. I've tried opening a web page on the M8 to force a data exchange but still nothing. This is intermittent tout very annoying when it happens.

Where in the menu do you alter these APNs?

Settings - Mobile Data - Access point names