[App] Tile World Clock, Now Supports Wide Tile, more customizations available

Search This thread

Thunder_

Feb 16, 2007
Shanghai
Since the keyboard disappearing issue has been resolved with the new ROM, it may be a good time to share the Tile World Clock Tool.

Features:

1. Pin the clock for any timezone you choose to your desktop
2. Clock will be updated every minute.
3. 8 different clock types to choose from.
4. Dynamic updated tile according to your theme.

Disclaimer: The clock on the tile may not be correct for various reasons. Please use the system clock for important times.

1. When background updating is working, the clock may delay for 1 minute.
2. When backgrond updating is not working for various reasions, for example, battery saving mode. The clock on the tile will stop.

2012.01.11: Update to 2.2. Minor update. The clock will be slightly more accurate (Delay within 5 seconds in my test)
2012.01.31: Update to 2.3. Supporting Wide Tile as requested. Require InterOp Unlock. This version may not be very stable at this moment. Is this the first Home Brew that supports dynamic wide tile?

Help Needed: Is there any good code who can save PNG file with low footprint and high quality?
2012.02.29: Found a really memory efficient PNG encoder. Now it is time to continue my development.

2012.03.14: Update to 2.5. More customization options available. You can even choose a picture from your library as background.

2012.03.22: Added a slightly updated new 2.5 XAP. Changed a few background images. Fixed a bug so that two line style Time/Date is correctly displayed at center.

Attachments

• TileWorldClock1.JPG
    TileWorldClock1.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 2,774
  • TileWorldClock3.JPG
    TileWorldClock3.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 2,436
  • TileWorldClock4.JPG
    TileWorldClock4.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,544
  • TileWorldClock2.2.xap
    477.4 KB · Views: 1,989
Last edited:

samnas2

Mar 7, 2011
For me it took around 5-6 (sometimes around 10) minutes to update the tile, with background tasks running. Nothing can be done i guess.

But an awesome app, nonetheless.

Thanks

Last edited:

wpxbox

Oct 24, 2011
Kolkata
Very Nice App. I had no issues in time update with background update turned on. We also did a video review on wpxbox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBoreopVpuk

I will suggest you to give user option to how often they want to which can be anything between one minute to 30 minutes.

A bit more but you can think of combining reminders with each tile so it triggers them in that time zone.

Reactions: Thunder_

Thunder_

Feb 16, 2007
Shanghai
Very Nice App. I had no issues in time update with background update turned on. We also did a video review on wpxbox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBoreopVpuk

I will suggest you to give user option to how often they want to which can be anything between one minute to 30 minutes.

A bit more but you can think of combining reminders with each tile so it triggers them in that time zone.

Thanks for the review.

Is there anyone interested in a clock that can delay upto 30 minutes?

As for the reminder, I think counting down and time ellapsed/stop watch could be good ideas.

HenryTheX

Oct 15, 2010
Glasgow
could you make this app luks more offficial? Obiviously you used the wired font fron the default OS tile font, it need tweaks:)

wpxbox

Oct 24, 2011
Kolkata
Delay till 30 minutes can be only suitable for one set of time, When I get to sleep. Saves Battery. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

Aaron McCarthy

Oct 27, 2007
If you could make the tile look the the HTC sense flip clock this would get a gazillion downloads :p especially if it does update properly every minute

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Thunder_

Feb 16, 2007
Shanghai
If you could make the tile look the the HTC sense flip clock this would get a gazillion downloads :p especially if it does update properly every minute

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

The clock images can change but no animation is possible. But my intention is to match the tile format since art is not my specialty. If anybody interested in making it more beautiful, please let me know.

devassist

Jan 10, 2012
Clock Name bug

I discovered a bug when entering a Clock Name that uses a space such as "New York". After using a space I am unable to enter any more characters - the keys no longer worked. But, I could get around this by exiting the app and starting it again and continuing the "York" part of the clock name.

Other people that only include cities without a space in the name would not encounter this bug.
So far, a good & practical app otherwise as I have only used it for 20 mins.
Well done!

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Another cool app after the office/pdf uploader. I really like it !

Could you allow to add a custom background (.jpg) image for the live tile ?

Greetz

contable

Thunder_

Feb 16, 2007
Shanghai
I discovered a bug when entering a Clock Name that uses a space such as "New York". After using a space I am unable to enter any more characters - the keys no longer worked. But, I could get around this by exiting the app and starting it again and continuing the "York" part of the clock name.

Other people that only include cities without a space in the name would not encounter this bug.
So far, a good & practical app otherwise as I have only used it for 20 mins.
Well done!

Can't find any code in this page that will lead to this behavior. And the same issue did not appear in my test. However, your symptom looks very similiar to the keyboard disappearing bug of Mango. You may want to upgrade to 8107 or disable background task to verify.

Reactions: devassist

devassist

Jan 10, 2012
Can't find any code in this page that will lead to this behavior. And the same issue did not appear in my test. However, your symptom looks very similiar to the keyboard disappearing bug of Mango. You may want to upgrade to 8107 or disable background task to verify.

Yes, you are right. It was a problem at my end. Thanks!

eric1204

Disclaimer: The clock on the tile may not be correct for various reasons. Please use the system clock for important times.
Actually this problem happen on my mozart with mango 8107 rom. The time just stop at battery save on and close screen. Sometimes need repin clock tile then work again. Hope next version fix that issue.

anyway , this is awesome project. Thank you!:)

Thunder_

Feb 16, 2007
Shanghai
Actually this problem happen on my mozart with mango 8107 rom. The time just stop at battery save on and close screen. Sometimes need repin clock tile then work again. Hope next version fix that issue.

anyway , this is awesome project. Thank you!:)

This is a limitation of WP7. I have no idea how to fix it at this moment.

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Any specifics for this request? Select a picture from the phone library? If so, that will involve quite a bit of image resizing work.

Selecting a picture from the picture hub only allows to use .jpg files.
I would prefer to choose a picture from the isolated storage of your app so it´s possible to use .jpg or .png files. The files can be copied easyly to the isolated storage with Windows Phone Power Tools. Just a suggestion...

Anyway it´s great. I have tested it over the night and the tile didn´t stop to work.
The difference to the system time is max. 1 minute....

Thunder_

Feb 16, 2007
Shanghai
Selecting a picture from the picture hub only allows to use .jpg files.
I would prefer to choose a picture from the isolated storage of your app so it´s possible to use .jpg or .png files. The files can be copied easyly to the isolated storage with Windows Phone Power Tools. Just a suggestion...

Anyway it´s great. I have tested it over the night and the tile didn´t stop to work.
The difference to the system time is max. 1 minute....

Understand your point. Don't think this a common request but I will try when I got time.

As for the time difference, my application currently runs every 60 seconds. That's where the difference comes from. But I recently found a way to reduce the difference to, let's say, five seconds. I upload the new verion when I complete it.

Reactions: contable

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the keyboard disappearing issue has been resolved with the new ROM, it may be a good time to share the Tile World Clock Tool.

Features:

1. Pin the clock for any timezone you choose to your desktop
    2. Clock will be updated every minute.
    3. 8 different clock types to choose from.
    4. Dynamic updated tile according to your theme.

1. When background updating is working, the clock may delay for 1 minute.
    2. When backgrond updating is not working for various reasions, for example, battery saving mode. The clock on the tile will stop.

2012.01.11: Update to 2.2. Minor update. The clock will be slightly more accurate (Delay within 5 seconds in my test)
    2012.01.31: Update to 2.3. Supporting Wide Tile as requested. Require InterOp Unlock. This version may not be very stable at this moment. Is this the first Home Brew that supports dynamic wide tile?

Help Needed: Is there any good code who can save PNG file with low footprint and high quality?
    2012.02.29: Found a really memory efficient PNG encoder. Now it is time to continue my development.

2012.03.14: Update to 2.5. More customization options available. You can even choose a picture from your library as background.

2012.03.22: Added a slightly updated new 2.5 XAP. Changed a few background images. Fixed a bug so that two line style Time/Date is correctly displayed at center.
    Glass Fire Clock Back Ground

I have created a cool Glass/Fire theme. Hit the thanks button if you like it.

ScreenCae23apture.jpg
    FYI. This is what I am trying to get in the next release.
    Indeed the customization feature can be added later. It would be great (and more important) if you could reduce the time difference to max 5 seconds...

New version uploaded.
    hi

here are the files with a dot at center of clocks!

Thanks. New version uploaded with your help.

Some thinking:

1. It may be better to make the background of your image as not transparent.
    2. The center dot need to be a bit larger.