[APP] Speech Shopper

Search This thread

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Hello!

I'm glad to introduce a "Speech Shopper" app: very simple shopping list with voice input.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

App idea belongs to my lovely wife Natalia: she's tried a few shopping lists from the Store but wasn't satisfied by any of these apps. She asked me for a long time to make this app and finally I couldn't resist :)

The app UI is very simple and intuitive (I don't think it needs additional comments or explanation). Just one important design issue: MS speech recognizer can recognize only the words already submitted by API call. So, it can't recognize the unknown words, you need to add 'em to the database manually. Sorry for inconvenience but it's not a my fault.

The app already has two languages shopping database, English and Russian. You can obtain the database (actually, it's a plain text file) by synchronizing data to the OneDrive.

If you want to share your updated database, or make a translation to your language (for this app I'll accept only languages supported by WP7 speech-to-text and text-to-speech), please contact me here in forum or my PM.

Store link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/speech-shopper/9fafe948-b90c-45fc-8d2a-2e57d6c1d59c

Please don't forget to rate 5 stars and write a good review (of course if you like this app)!

Thank you and enjoy!

Attachments

• ss01.png
    ss01.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,345
  • ss02.png
    ss02.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,352
  • ss03.png
    ss03.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,320

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Application received update with critical bug fix (if voice services file for current language is missing, application crashed on start). Also French and Spanish translation was added.

P.S. Sorry to my dear translators: I don't have time to refactor "about" page to display your nicks/names! Deginitely will fix in the new release (this one was more about fixing critical issue).

Last edited:

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Application got an update to version 1.4

Added:
- UK specific shopping items databae
- item deletion confirmation for database
- ability to send current shopping list via email

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Just tested on L-950 (regular bits, no "insider"), working fine (as usual). Please try to reinstall (or/and - maybe - reboot handset)

titi66200

Jun 2, 2009
PERPIGNAN
Reinstall and same issue but i found that

If i switch phone to

Regional format: French -> not working
Regional format: English (US) -> working

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Nope, just changed regional settings to "France" as you've mentioned in your post.
P.S. BTW, app worked seamlessly before, right? When app stopped working?

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
:( Could you please check French language speech services (in settings)? Damn M$ still not released yet speech services for some langs supported on WP8.1 (what's why my wife should switch from Russian to English in the "Speech Shopper")

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Thanks, my friend! It looks like an issue source is a MS middle-ware component to connect to OneDrive. I just call standard API from "Speech Shooper", nothing more!

P.S. Just tried to reproduce with fresh install - no issues found :( Looks like it's a French related only bug (I connected to my main live account from test handset without any issue)
@titi66200, could you please - just for the testing purposes - try to link another - le me say, a brand new - live account?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

I'm glad to introduce a "Speech Shopper" app: very simple shopping list with voice input.

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

App idea belongs to my lovely wife Natalia: she's tried a few shopping lists from the Store but wasn't satisfied by any of these apps. She asked me for a long time to make this app and finally I couldn't resist :)

The app UI is very simple and intuitive (I don't think it needs additional comments or explanation). Just one important design issue: MS speech recognizer can recognize only the words already submitted by API call. So, it can't recognize the unknown words, you need to add 'em to the database manually. Sorry for inconvenience but it's not a my fault.

The app already has two languages shopping database, English and Russian. You can obtain the database (actually, it's a plain text file) by synchronizing data to the OneDrive.

If you want to share your updated database, or make a translation to your language (for this app I'll accept only languages supported by WP7 speech-to-text and text-to-speech), please contact me here in forum or my PM.

Store link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/speech-shopper/9fafe948-b90c-45fc-8d2a-2e57d6c1d59c

Please don't forget to rate 5 stars and write a good review (of course if you like this app)!

Thank you and enjoy!
    Good Job.
    I can translate for french user
    Thanks
    Installed from Market and french version is Ok :)