[Q] HELP bootloop

Search This thread

bamcam92

May 23, 2014
Hello everyone, my name is Massimiliano, I'm Italian and I have a problem with my MWG409, I modified the build.prop (but luckily I have a backup) and now the phone is in bootloop I can get into the stock recovery, but I have a problem the phone considers the internal memory Esternal like that and I do not know how to solve. thanks in advance

Hello everyone, my name is Massimiliano, I'm Italian and I have a problem with my MWG409, I modified the build.prop (but luckily I have a backup) and now the phone is in bootloop I can get into the stock recovery, but I have a problem the phone considers the internal memory Esternal like that and I do not know how to solve. thanks in advance

Hi,
Can you see your Excite MGWG409 when you connect it to your PC and can you use cmd line commands.
if yes, use it and especially those are red => adb reboot
Code:
ode:
C:\Users>adb /?
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.26

-d                                                 - directs command to the only connected USB device returns an error if more than one USB device is present.
 -e                                                 - directs command to the only running emulator. returns an error if more than one emulator is running.
 -s <serial number>                         - directs command to the USB device or emulator with the given serial number. Overrides ANDROID_SERIAL environment variable.
 -p <product name or path>              - simple product name like 'sooner', or a relative/absolute path to a product out directory like 'out/target/product/sooner'.
                                                         If -p is not specified, the ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT environment variable is used, which must be an absolute path.
 devices                                          - list all connected devices
 connect <host>:<port>                   - connect to a device via TCP/IP
 disconnect <host>:<port>               - disconnect from a TCP/IP device

device commands:
  adb push <local> <remote>            - copy file/dir to device
  adb pull <remote> [<local>]            - copy file/dir from device
  adb sync [ <directory> ]                 - copy host->device only if changed (see 'adb help all')
  adb shell                                       - run remote shell interactively
  adb shell <command>                   - run remote shell command
  adb emu <command>                    - run emulator console command
  adb logcat [ <filter-spec> ]              - View device log
  adb forward <local> <remote>         - forward socket connections  forward specs are one of:
                                   tcp:<port>
                                   localabstract:<unix domain socket name>
                                   localreserved:<unix domain socket name>
                                   localfilesystem:<unix domain socket name>
                                   dev:<character device name>
                                   jdwp:<process pid> (remote only)

adb jdwp                     - list PIDs of processes hosting a JDWP transport
adb install [-l] [-r] [-s] <file> - push this package file to the device and install it
                                 ('-l' means forward-lock the app)
                                 ('-r' means reinstall the app, keeping its data)
                                 ('-s' means install on SD card instead of internal storage)
adb uninstall [-k] <package> - remove this app package from the device
                                 ('-k' means keep the data and cache directories)
adb bugreport                - return all information from the device that should be included in a bug report.

adb help                     - show this help message
adb version                  - show version num

DATAOPTS:
 (no option)                   - don't touch the data partition
  -w                              - wipe the data partition
  -d                               - flash the data partition

scripting:
  adb wait-for-device          - block until device is online
  adb start-server             - ensure that there is a server running
  adb kill-server              - kill the server if it is running
  adb get-state                - prints: offline | bootloader | device
  adb get-serialno             - prints: <serial-number>
  adb status-window          - continuously print device status for a specified device
  adb remount                  - remounts the /system partition on the device read-write
[COLOR="Red"][B]  adb reboot [bootloader|recovery] - reboots the device, optionally into the bootloader or recovery program[/B][/COLOR]
  [B][COLOR="Red"]adb reboot-bootloader        - reboots the device into the bootloader[/COLOR][/B]
  adb root                     - restarts the adbd daemon with root permissions
  adb usb                      - restarts the adbd daemon listening on USB
  adb tcpip <port>          - restarts the adbd daemon listening on TCP on the specified port networking:
  adb ppp <tty> [parameters]   - Run PPP over USB.
 Note: you should not automatically start a PPP connection. <tty> refers to the tty for PPP stream. Eg. dev:/dev/omap_csmi_tty1
 [parameters] - Eg. defaultroute debug dump local notty usepeerdns

adb sync notes: adb sync [ <directory> <localdir> can be interpreted in several ways:
 - If <directory> is not specified, both /system and /data partitions will be updated.
 - If it is "system" or "data", only the corresponding partitionis updated.

bamcam92

May 23, 2014
Hi,
Can you see your Excite MGWG409 when you connect it to your PC and can you use cmd line commands.
if yes, use it and especially those are red => adb reboot
Code:
ode:
C:\Users>adb /?
Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.26

-d                                                 - directs command to the only connected USB device returns an error if more than one USB device is present.
 -e                                                 - directs command to the only running emulator. returns an error if more than one emulator is running.
 -s <serial number>                         - directs command to the USB device or emulator with the given serial number. Overrides ANDROID_SERIAL environment variable.
 -p <product name or path>              - simple product name like 'sooner', or a relative/absolute path to a product out directory like 'out/target/product/sooner'.
                                                         If -p is not specified, the ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT environment variable is used, which must be an absolute path.
 devices                                          - list all connected devices
 connect <host>:<port>                   - connect to a device via TCP/IP
 disconnect <host>:<port>               - disconnect from a TCP/IP device

device commands:
  adb push <local> <remote>            - copy file/dir to device
  adb pull <remote> [<local>]            - copy file/dir from device
  adb sync [ <directory> ]                 - copy host->device only if changed (see 'adb help all')
  adb shell                                       - run remote shell interactively
  adb shell <command>                   - run remote shell command
  adb emu <command>                    - run emulator console command
  adb logcat [ <filter-spec> ]              - View device log
  adb forward <local> <remote>         - forward socket connections  forward specs are one of:
                                   tcp:<port>
                                   localabstract:<unix domain socket name>
                                   localreserved:<unix domain socket name>
                                   localfilesystem:<unix domain socket name>
                                   dev:<character device name>
                                   jdwp:<process pid> (remote only)

adb jdwp                     - list PIDs of processes hosting a JDWP transport
adb install [-l] [-r] [-s] <file> - push this package file to the device and install it
                                 ('-l' means forward-lock the app)
                                 ('-r' means reinstall the app, keeping its data)
                                 ('-s' means install on SD card instead of internal storage)
adb uninstall [-k] <package> - remove this app package from the device
                                 ('-k' means keep the data and cache directories)
adb bugreport                - return all information from the device that should be included in a bug report.

adb help                     - show this help message
adb version                  - show version num

DATAOPTS:
 (no option)                   - don't touch the data partition
  -w                              - wipe the data partition
  -d                               - flash the data partition

scripting:
  adb wait-for-device          - block until device is online
  adb start-server             - ensure that there is a server running
  adb kill-server              - kill the server if it is running
  adb get-state                - prints: offline | bootloader | device
  adb get-serialno             - prints: <serial-number>
  adb status-window          - continuously print device status for a specified device
  adb remount                  - remounts the /system partition on the device read-write
[COLOR="Red"][B]  adb reboot [bootloader|recovery] - reboots the device, optionally into the bootloader or recovery program[/B][/COLOR]
  [B][COLOR="Red"]adb reboot-bootloader        - reboots the device into the bootloader[/COLOR][/B]
  adb root                     - restarts the adbd daemon with root permissions
  adb usb                      - restarts the adbd daemon listening on USB
  adb tcpip <port>          - restarts the adbd daemon listening on TCP on the specified port networking:
  adb ppp <tty> [parameters]   - Run PPP over USB.
 Note: you should not automatically start a PPP connection. <tty> refers to the tty for PPP stream. Eg. dev:/dev/omap_csmi_tty1
 [parameters] - Eg. defaultroute debug dump local notty usepeerdns

adb sync notes: adb sync [ <directory> <localdir> can be interpreted in several ways:
 - If <directory> is not specified, both /system and /data partitions will be updated.
 - If it is "system" or "data", only the corresponding partitionis updated.

On ADB appears an error when i use sideload "installation aborted" help i need my phone :(

Last edited:
Please you don't need to post several OP for your problem.
You have already opened an OP and I gave you an answer.

You do not need to open an another OP because your old one is no longer on the first page.
If someone can give you an answer, he will answer

And if I remember its' not:

Code:
adb push update.zip \ sdcard \
but its

Code:
adb push update.zip/sdcard
Thanks in advance for your comprehension

Last edited:

bamcam92

May 23, 2014
Please you don't need to post several OP for your problem.
You have already opened an OP and I gave you an answer.

You do not need to open an another OP because your old one is no longer on the first page.
If someone can give you an answer, he will answer

And if I remember its' not:

Code:
adb push update.zip \ sdcard \
but its

Code:
adb push update.zip/sdcard
Thanks in advance for your comprehension

sorry, but I am very worried about the phone, however only works in adb sideload, in other ways it appears "error: closed", in sideload tells me installation aborted when I go to install my "update.zip" that contains the build.prop I need to replace, maybe I created the wrong "update.zip" :eek:

Attachments

• update.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 7

MasterAwesome

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2013
OnePlus 6
sorry, but I am very worried about the phone, however only works in adb sideload, in other ways it appears "error: closed", in sideload tells me installation aborted when I go to install my "update.zip" that contains the build.prop I need to replace, maybe I created the wrong "update.zip" :eek:

Go to your recovery
Code:
adb shell
mount -o remount,rw /system

this mounts your /system partition to read and writable extract the build.prop from your update.zip and paste it in desktop
Code:
cd desktop
adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

This should push the build.prop from update.zip right back to system

Regards
MasterAwesome